Earl is a disgrace!

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know what, CJ? I think maybe only jerks enjoy watching jerks act like jerks. You think, maybe?

Perfect!

You know, folks, CJ may be the guy with the "hammer stroke", but Fran's the one who consistently hits the nail squarely on the head. ;)

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really, what was Jack Nicklaus' background story that everyone was so enamored with, because I can't seem to remember anything other than his incredible playing and great sportsmanship? What about Pete Sampras, and Chris Evert? Was there some kind of controversial story about these players that made everyone flock to watch them perform?

You know what, CJ? I think maybe only jerks enjoy watching jerks act like jerks. You think, maybe?

Tap tap tap

Chuck

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Who makes you so righteous that you can judge other people.
Could you go pheasant hunting with Dick Cheney.
Like you never did anything you were not proud of.
Just using the moral and ethical ruler of the vast majority

Would love to hunt with Dick, but I would make sure I stood behind him

I have done a number of things I am not proud of but I don't brag about it or take pride in it

Try again?

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who makes you so righteous that you can judge other people.
Could you go pheasant hunting with Dick Cheney.
Like you never did anything you were not proud of.

Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes. The difference between Earl and those who complain about his behavior, is that the latter are able to learn from their mistakes.

Liking Earl for his pool playing and liking him because he's a complete piece of shit to his opponents are two entirely different things.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes. The difference between Earl and those who complain about his behavior, is that the latter are able to learn from their mistakes.

Liking Earl for his pool playing and liking him because he's a complete piece of shit to his opponents are two entirely different things.
Good distinction

I can easily respect his achievements in the game. I just have no use for his behavior and lack of respect for the game, the fans, the sponsors, the promoters, his teammates or his opponents

YubaCushion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just using the moral and ethical ruler of the vast majority

Would love to hunt with Dick, but I would make sure I stood behind him

I have done a number of things I am not proud of but I don't brag about it or take pride in it

Try again?

You don't speak for nor did you poll the vast majority before posting.
We don't know what he takes pride in. Even if we have a meaningless reference from a article or clip.

Any more self righteous whatnot or are you done.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We don't know what he takes pride in. Even if we have a meaningless reference from a article or clip.

Cheating, being rude and disruptive, not controlling your emotions.... I feel pretty safe in saying those are not the norm in a well socialized human being. At least not any time after kindergarten.

My hat is off to you in defending it... Shows a lot of character

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

LOL@thinking someone is self-righteous because they don't care for Earl's antics.

You don't have to be a saint to recognize a sinner.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
SO STRONG that it even worked for someone that simply impersonated Minnesota Fats

Really, what was Jack Nicklaus' background story that everyone was so enamored with, because I can't seem to remember anything other than his incredible playing and great sportsmanship? What about Pete Sampras, and Chris Evert? Was there some kind of controversial story about these players that made everyone flock to watch them perform?

It takes all kinds in the world, and they all serve an important purpose - "judge not, for as you judge....." - I don't particularly like watching any pool players these days, but that's more about the rules and format.

I in no way, shape or form want to encourage people to be "jerks," and Earl, as a person is not a "jerk".......when he's competing he has a button that sometimes registers in negative ways.....label it whatever "jerk word" you choose.

I do know a lot about Chris Evert, Jimmy Connors, Bjorn Borg, Vitas Gerulaitis, etc.
because they were branded as human beings.....not "jerks" or "non jerks".

'The Hustler' proved that branding an image (Minnesota Fats) was SO STRONG that it even worked for someone that simply impersonated Minnesota Fats (Rudolph "New York Fats")......that's pretty strong, and it is the "magic formula" to get people emotionally attached...."people like people like themselves or to live vicariously through characters" - 'The Game is the Teacher'

Rhale100

DILLIGAF ?
Silver Member
SIGH . . .

WackaEarl-1.jpg

popman

Registered
Earl isn't disgraceful.

Earl is showing the world how to put some entertainment into an otherwise boring game.

Why have the seated player sit there like a dead statue? Rather, antics and any other tactics would give the seated player something else to do. Being the seated player gives a player a chance to be entertaining.

Maybe the shooter is distracted. So What? Who wants to watch one player do all the shooting anyway. That's what killed 14.1.

Let's put more entertaining interaction into the game to generate more of an entertainment value for the people who buy the tickets.

Earl, perhaps unknowingly, attempts to put this into the game.

YubaCushion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheating, being rude and disruptive, not controlling your emotions.... I feel pretty safe in saying those are not the norm in a well socialized human being. At least not any time after kindergarten.

My hat is off to you in defending it... Shows a lot of character

When you stick up for someone you stick up for the pereson as a hole. The good and bad. So don't just pick the worst and say that's only what I'm sticking up for. I bet if we went over your life you wouldn't be so quick to take the moral high ground. Your not the maturity gauge either.

Last edited:

Philthepockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why have the seated player sit there like a dead statue? Rather, antics and any other tactics would give the seated player something else to do. Being the seated player gives a player a chance to be entertaining.

Maybe the shooter is distracted. So What? Who wants to watch one player do all the shooting anyway. That's what killed 14.1.

Let's put more entertaining interaction into the game to generate more of an entertainment value for the people who buy the tickets.

Yah there's no way a game could survive long term or provide a good living for players making many of them millionaires with that type of format :rolleyes:
http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/Home

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When you stick up for someone you stick up for the pereson as a hole. The good and bad. So don't just pick the worst and say that's only what I'm sticking up for. I bet if we went over your life you wouldn't be so quick to take the moral high ground. Your not the maturity gauge either.
Huh...

You ought to re-read that last post when you wake up tomorrow

YubaCushion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL@thinking someone is self-righteous because they don't care for Earl's antics.

Saying you don't like something someone does is different from judging someones behavior based on your standard of right and wrong. That is self righteous.

You don't have to be a saint to recognize a sinner. You have a keen sense of the obvious Bieber.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl is showing the world how to put some entertainment into an otherwise boring game.

Earl, perhaps unknowingly, attempts to put this into the game.

Pool is a gentlemans sport. That means respecting the opponents right to silence when he or she is shooting.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saying you don't like something someone does is different from judging someones behavior based on your standard of right and wrong. That is self righteous.

You don't have to be a saint to recognize a sinner. You have a keen sense of the obvious Bieber.

It's sad that I have to spell it out for you.

Earl's behavior is in direct violation of the code of conduct. He was clearly sharking his opponent(s), and you don't need to be self-righteous to understand that what he was doing his clearly wrong. This is a very simple black and white issue.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't have to read this tomorrow. I will dumb it down for you. All of what Earl has done for pool nullifies his poor behavior, end of story.
Oh yeah

The end justifies the means.... Got it

I'm done

Enjoy the bliss of ignorance

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have to read this tomorrow. I will dumb it down for you. All of what Earl has done for pool nullifies his poor behavior, end of story.

Pool has done plenty for Earl, and he has plenty of individual accomplishments.

Please list specifically what Earl, himself, has done for the game of pool.