New to me Mobley

leminhnam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
uploadfromtaptalk1396724240557.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396724275979.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396724325824.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396724354711.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396724388036.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

leminhnam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
East Indian Rosewood into straight grain maple forearm.
Cue is perfectly straight together and apart.
Butt weighs 15.2oz, both shafts weigh 3.8oz with Ivory ferrule.
Cortland wrap

Balance is superb and cue plays unbelievably amazing!

It's not for sale

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cortland wrap

It's not for sale

Not for sale???!!!!!!! Can't blame you for that.

Great group of cues you have, this Mobley will fit in nicely with the others.

I must admit that I'm a little jealous. Great pick up. Congrats to you.

Last edited:

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Sorry but there is nothing special. Except the price I think.

It may look normal but there really isn't a normal Mobley around, every one is special and importantly they are such strong players.

To add, in order to appreciate a Mobley you'd need to hold one in your hands to really scrutinize it up close. His attention to detail will put so many other top shelf cue makers to shame.

I like this cue and I think it looks good with those veneers.

leminhnam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paxman, the cue is indeed a simple cue. I guess the reason Mobley cues are highly sought after because the way they "hit". And that I can not take picture of :)
To me, the cue plays second to none including Searing, Ebony South West and Tascarella currently in my possession.
If I had to play a game with my life at stake, I wouldn't hesitate to choose it as my ultimate weapon. It really plays that good! Even better than the Pheasant wood Mobley cue I once owned.
Nam

leminhnam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jive is right. You have to see a Mobley up close to appreciate the craftsmanship. The shaft wood is dark brown, very tight and straight grains. Had you played with one...;-)

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
That's a great looking Mobley

I can speak with experience and Randy's cues with the straight grain maple forearms and steel joint hit as good as it gets. When I got my Mobley I stopped collecting cues, I found what I was looking for.

TommyT:thumbup:

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
Cortland wrap

It's not for sale

My kind of cue! Simplicity at its best!

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mobleys indeed great players, congrats. If notice cues i have are the real deals as players!

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
Nam purchased this cue for the amount that I deemed exceed my budget for ANY cue. I thought I would never own a so-called high-end cue if it goes higher than my "set budget". but I have to honestly admit I will buy this cue from him if he decides to sell in the future. I already secured first refusal for it.

calboy8686

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It may look normal but there really isn't a normal Mobley around, every one is special and importantly they are such strong players.

To add, in order to appreciate a Mobley you'd need to hold one in your hands to really scrutinize it up close. His attention to detail will put so many other top shelf cue makers to shame.

I like this cue and I think it looks good with those veneers.

I would beg to differ with you sir...... I have a Ginacue and a full splice Prewitt.... Your gonna tell me Mobley cues are better and he pages more attention to detail than those two? Attention to detail is one thing, and that's what you hire these guys for. There are only so many ways to construct a cue, so it all comes down to attention to detail. Top makers aren't top makers only by name, most should be engineers or master machinists to boot. It all comes down to who can make you what you want and do a good job of it.

Please reconsider your statement of "His attention to detail will put so many other top shelf cue makers to shame". Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

customcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rm

I thought not to talk about the shame of the loosing knowledge what a cue from one of the top cuemakers is worth.
Ernie and Ed are great cuemaker who makes a great looking cue and Most of this also playing cue. Would like to own one of the cues of them, too.
But in my opinion it'll be an honor to get a cue made for me or should I say for my way of playing pool from Randy.
Only advise I can give to everybody who don't know what I'm talking is the following.
Visit Randy and talk with him about his philosophy making a cue for the person who ordered it and you'll understand what the difference to other real great top cuemakers is.
This will be the only coment I'll do on this post. So save you and me much time and enjoy a simple but great cue.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
I would beg to differ with you sir...... I have a Ginacue and a full splice Prewitt.... Your gonna tell me Mobley cues are better and he pages more attention to detail than those two? Attention to detail is one thing, and that's what you hire these guys for. There are only so many ways to construct a cue, so it all comes down to attention to detail. Top makers aren't top makers only by name, most should be engineers or master machinists to boot. It all comes down to who can make you what you want and do a good job of it.

Please reconsider your statement of "His attention to detail will put so many other top shelf cue makers to shame". Thank you.

I'm not going to say specifically who are the too shelf cue makers that Randy can and will put to shame but I'm going to stand behind my statement because I've seen numerous cues(and own some) by top cue makers.

It is exactly your point about having only so many ways to built a cue and and therefore the cue that comes from too makers should be perfect in every way but it isn't so. Many are really good, but if you get a chance to examine a modern day Mobley you'll see exactly what I mean.

Out of curiosity though, do you own or have you examined a modern day mobley before? I have and I own one and can only keep my fingers crossed for my next fancy one. You can check my thread for the mobley I speak of. I also own a fairly fancy EP and I have a thread on that as well, EP are beautiful cues too and I'm not dismissing EP's work.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Randy is the BEST

RANDY was the only one Cuemaker who asked me about how about my Stroke, ,bridge hand, how tall I am and my Table Stand# Before# he builds me my Monster Set and the results was speechless:thumbup:
I own and owned many Cues but ONLY Bill McDaniel or Jess June from the McDaniel shop (now World Class Cues) can do the same precise Quality as Randy or Dennis do
Just my 2 cents
Ralf :D

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house&#129304;&#127995;
Silver Member

unless you own one you just wouldnt understand.....I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT..