SVB...Break Cue

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed in the recent videos of SVB's matches he's not using the G10 Jester cue he was given last year in Tunica. Anyone know if he ever used it in any of his matches, and if so, for how long before he set it aside? Anyone else have any thoughts on that particular cue? I'm most likely going to get a matching jump cue made by Steve Lomax to go with my new player, but had spent some time having the Jester on my radar after trying it last year in Tunica and had originally planned on getting one if Dominic ran any specials again this year in Atlanta in June.

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First Shane has a Cue deal with Cuetec since about 2009. I would doubt he is allowed to play with any other cue. I didn't know he got one at Tunica. I did know Efran had one and so did Hatch. But I have not seen them use them of late. I have one since Tunica and it currently is my break cue of choice. I have quite a few to select from and currently by favorite is the Jester and close second is the Players HXT-P1 Pure X Jump Break. I believe the Players are made in the same factory as the Lucasi hybrids, both by Cue and Case. And that is my 3rd choice the Lucasi Hybrid Big Beulah 2

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed in the recent videos of SVB's matches he's not using the G10 Jester cue he was given last year in Tunica. Anyone know if he ever used it in any of his matches, and if so, for how long before he set it aside? Anyone else have any thoughts on that particular cue? I'm most likely going to get a matching jump cue made by Steve Lomax to go with my new player, but had spent some time having the Jester on my radar after trying it last year in Tunica and had originally planned on getting one if Dominic ran any specials again this year in Atlanta in June.

SVB hasn't used a break cue in a while and if he does use one, it is either a Cuetec Meteor, Bullet,or WCT Break Cue.

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB hasn't used a break cue in a while and if he does use one, it is either a Cuetec Meteor, Bullet,or WCT Break Cue.

Hence, why I asked if he ever used the Jester and when he stopped if he did. I remember seeing Dominic hand him one and watched him walk away with it, which led to my original post. Thanks for the responses guys.

Last edited:

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I think shane sees break cues as unnecessary and only
tries one to be polite to the person or sponsor who gave him the cue.

I wouldn't take it as a sign if Shane discards any particular break cue.
They're all going in the closet eventually. He knows that even if his r360
takes a beating, or the tip pops off, he can get a free replacement easily.
Probably has an extra in his bag.

Strangely, he's sort of the last guy I'd look to when deciding what break cue to get.
His technique is so good and perfect and practiced that anything he uses
looks like thor's hammer. If the stick helped him at all, how would you even tell?
Better to see if some amateur's break took a drastic turn after buying a certain break cue.

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, I was just wondering based on having seen what happened and then noticing that he rarely uses one of any variety. I already know what I'm going to do. It was just a random thought.