Alex Pagulayan going to UK to try pro snooker

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
did you word that wrongly?

He worded it correctly.
The break in snooker is not an advantage.

The break is not an advantage in pool either.
Pool players love the break, the absolute control of the balls, the certainty that a ball will be pocketed with position for the next shot, the first step in running the rack. :D

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
He worded it correctly.
The break in snooker is not an advantage.

The break is not an advantage in pool either.
Pool players love the break, the absolute control of the balls, the certainty that a ball will be pocketed with position for the next shot, the first step in running the rack. :D

I'm sorry, but are you saying that the break is NOT an advantage in all pool games? or just some pool games? I would disagree that the break is not an advantage in pool games such as 9-ball (1 on the spot), 8-ball, and 1 pocket.

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
The situation isn't really clear-cut, and different players play it different ways. A common shot is to cut the black roughly half-ball to leave black on the middle of the side cushion, and the white on the opposite side cushion. This sometimes leaves a double, but never really sells out an easy shot like you can by playing a more positive safety. Two-time World Champion Mark Williams tries to cut the black in the corner from the D. I'm not sure if he's ever been successful!

I'm sorry...but to what is this referring? Is this a type of safety break that you are describing?

......never mind...I went back and re-read some posts further back.

Last edited:

Jpowell7575

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If everyone would read the original question people would know what was going on. I know a lot of people don't like to actually read, but rather just talk about how smart they are. I asked what happens where there's a tie in a frame. Dave replied back the black is spotted and the winner of the coin flip gets to choose to shoot of the his opponent shoot. After that all signs of intelligent life were lost. Just gonna PM Dave next time.

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
apologies...

If everyone would read the original question people would know what was going on. I know a lot of people don't like to actually read, but rather just talk about how smart they are. I asked what happens where there's a tie in a frame. Dave replied back the black is spotted and the winner of the coin flip gets to choose to shoot of the his opponent shoot. After that all signs of intelligent life were lost. Just gonna PM Dave next time.

...perhaps this thread would be easier to read, comprehend, and follow if people stopped posting shot by shot score updates of a match that are readily available on a previously posted link. Perhaps it's for the benefit of those without internet access?

Jpowell7575

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...perhaps this thread would be easier to read, comprehend, and follow if people stopped posting shot by shot score updates of a match that are readily available on a previously posted link. Perhaps it's for the benefit of those without internet access?

Yes. It's for the people viewing this forum that don't have internet access.