Excuse me but,...

I would let my opponent borrow during a match with me.

• Nothing ! (Get yer own!)

Votes: 33 25.0%
  • Chalk

Votes: 74 56.1%
  • Powder

Votes: 56 42.4%
  • Bridge

Votes: 83 62.9%
  • Tip tool

Votes: 73 55.3%
  • Cleaning rag

Votes: 45 34.1%
  • cue (the one you are playing)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Spare cue in your bag

Votes: 20 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Chalk and bridge is as far as I go.

I'd loan them my tip tool but it's a Kamui Gator Grip and they wouldn't have any idea how to use it.

Spare cue? No way, unless I know the person very well. What if they have a temper and slam the shaft against the rail? ("yeah, give me your address and I'll send you a check in the mail....")

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
for the mostpart, it'd depend on whether i like you or not...?
however, absolutely NOT on the bridge - figure another shot without.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
While I marked "nothing", it would really depend on the relationship I had with the other player, whether or not I liked them. During a night of regular weekly play I can recall an opposing player asking for a bridge, one of our players came to me and I responded "no way" because I think this the guy is a jack-ass and I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire. A couple of minutes later our player needed a bridge and I took mine out, the other player began to rant, "why didn't you let me use it when I needed it?" I responded with, "Because it's mine and I don't like you. If you don't like it complain to the LO"

Almost as bad as a guying looking for a bridge while playing me and my stupid teammate gives him mine to use. There was a bridge at the next table, not like he was not gonna find one. There is one on every table there, but sometimes one table ends up with two.

I shoot darts at him, "like wtf you doing" and of course, with my bridge is he able to make the shot, no way with the house bridge... I tell him afterwards, that when I'm playing, that he does not need to be involved with my opponent nor my equipment. Funny thing is, the teammate was mad at me about it, as if I did something wrong by telling him how to behave. Idiot.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everything except my playing cue. Very few people I would let use my player. We played a team were their better players didn't show up. There were 5 less experienced that haven't been playing very long. They didn't have anyone who could really give them a coach. While I was playing, my brother would give them a coach and viseversa when he was playing. And my brother gave him a couple of good ones! If that's not sportsmanship, I don't know what is! Come on people....its just a friggin game! Too much emphasis on winning and losing. I try to live my life so I'm a winner when I'm standing in front of St Peter.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Almost as bad as a guying looking for a bridge while playing me and my stupid teammate gives him mine to use. There was a bridge at the next table, not like he was not gonna find one. There is one on every table there, but sometimes one table ends up with two.

I shoot darts at him, "like wtf you doing" and of course, with my bridge is he able to make the shot, no way with the house bridge... I tell him afterwards, that when I'm playing, that he does not need to be involved with my opponent nor my equipment. Funny thing is, the teammate was mad at me about it, as if I did something wrong by telling him how to behave. Idiot.

RJ, I agree -- that was really bad form on the part of your own teammate. It's one thing to want to be a good sport and help the opposing team. It's quite another to end-run your right to your own belongings and offer them up as if they were "community" fare. Doesn't matter about the quality of your bridge vs. the house bridge; that's a moot issue compared to completely bypassing your permission to use your property. I'd say that speaks to a greater demonstration of disrespect than if none of you said anything and let the opponent use the inferior house bridge.

-Sean

TheThaiger

Banned
Nothing, nada, zip, zilch, squat. But that's just me ;)

In a tourney or league I use stuff that is not available by the house, chalk, bridge, LD shaft, etc. I have better chalk ( I think) I use an adjustabridge, which can save you in some tricky positions, espeically shooting over 2 balls.

I drag that bridge everywhere, so I'm certainly not gonna help him. I will look over at the next few tables, and gladly find him a house bridge and hand it to him.....I will give him any chalk I see that the house provided, even look around on the other tables.. but not my good stuff.

Now, if they are friends of mine, league or tourney, no problem. But just a random league or tourney guy. nah. It's every man for himself ;)

Quelle surprise...

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dog lead?..

What does that have to do with anything?

goat3-600x450.jpg

ProZack

Zack's "On the Road" Cue Repair
Silver Member
where is the Jump cue

I think Jump cue should be on the list because it is one of those items that not everyone has and can be Very Critical in a match..

You lock the guy down hoping to get ball in hand and the guy says can I use your jump cue.. Yea Right.. Ill sell it to you!!!

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
To anybody I might play in a match, tournament, or just for fun, don't ask to use
anything that is mine, don't even think about, cause ya ain't gettin it.
I admit that I once let someone use my jump cue in a match, but it will never happen
again, there's a new sheriff in town.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Everything except my playing cue. Very few people I would let use my player. We played a team were their better players didn't show up. There were 5 less experienced that haven't been playing very long. They didn't have anyone who could really give them a coach. While I was playing, my brother would give them a coach and viseversa when he was playing. And my brother gave him a couple of good ones! If that's not sportsmanship, I don't know what is! Come on people....its just a friggin game! Too much emphasis on winning and losing. I try to live my life so I'm a winner when I'm standing in front of St Peter.

Awesome! Sportsmanship at its finest right there!

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They get nothing from me but a cold stare. I would not even say a word, just look at them like they are out of their mind.

That's just how I roll.

I have never been a league player, but if I was the same would go for my so-called team mates. They get nothing from me either.

If I were to say anything I would say, "If you are not prepared to play too bad, I'm not your daddy. Would you like to double the bet?" :)

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOWbo6vFkEQ at 4:35. lol....... theres a match with charlie hillbilly bryant and danny kid delicious basavich where charlie is tip picking his tip, and danny walks over and asks him if he can use it. lol, the look on charlies face was priceless, thats all you need to know about asking other people to use their shit. its like goin g to school with no pen and paper. hahahahahahahahahahahaha, love it.

Last edited:

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If its practice with a couple of friends, they can use my chalk, tower, bridge head and even my jump cue but if there is something on the line or during a tournament I don't lend anything.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOWbo6vFkEQ at 4:35. lol....... theres a match with charlie hillbilly bryant and danny kid delicious basavich where charlie is tip picking his tip, and danny walks over and asks him if he can use it. lol, the look on charlies face was priceless, thats all you need to know about asking other people to use their shit. its like goin g to school with no pen and paper. hahahahahahahahahahahaha, love it.

But ol Charlie let him use it, DIDNT he? True sportsman and a gentleman.....normal for him though. And that was what I would cconsider a major tournament.