Southwest number is close. What to do?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I have been on the list for a long time, and am wondering if I should go PLANE JANE with matching JPs, or the fully deal SIX POINTER with matching JPs.

Honestly I have too many Cues, but will take advantage of my opportunity for a special Cue from Southwest.

TOUGHT decision, and leaning toward a Plane jane in Cocobolo with Maple Trim Ring in Butt Section.

Dognit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I loaded mine with every option available.

How many chances are you going to get?

ElLeon

Headshot
Silver Member
I can't see the point of waiting so long for a premium cue maker to get to your cue, only to go Plane Jane.

There are plenty of good playing, boring/plain cues out there, don't add to that list!

Last bit of input: Any person with a rodeo clown as their avatar has the moxy and gumption to shoot with a visually attractive and unique cue.

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
I can't see the point of waiting so long for a premium cue maker to get to your cue, only to go Plane Jane.

There are plenty of good playing, boring/plain cues out there, don't add to that list!

Last bit of input: Any person with a rodeo clown as their avatar has the moxy and gumption to shoot with a visually attractive and unique cue.

Perfectly said

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
i can't see the point of waiting so long for a premium cue maker to get to your cue, only to go plane jane.

plane jane should play like a six pointer.

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I actually think the opposite of this. Have seen too many 6 pointers that they all tend to look the same. We all have different tastes.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I actually think the opposite of this. Have seen too many 6 pointers that they all tend to look the same. We all have different tastes.

Well some Cocobolo with some nice fancy grain would also have it own personality, with some Birdseye with fancy Eyes in a Butt Section Ring would be be simple, element with some matching JPs.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here istheway to go:

Coco into coco, all the way.
9 points!
1 single maple veneer highlighting each point and recut
index rings go coco/maple at joint, above and below wrap, end of butt sleeve and end at buttcap. ( A<B<C<D<E rings)
wrap, chocolate BEM (wrap less), or brown white fleck linen.

Alternately, I heard Laurie made some all high 6 pointers. Same as above only 6 high.

JP are nice but the cue is the main attraction.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
how about a forearm with pau ferro nose and darker cocobolo points. then maple-coco-maple veneers. and if you're into wrapless cues, i'd say put a BEM handle with beautiful grain.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Keep it, sell it, whatever you like. I really never understood the fascination with these cues.

Reactions: KRJ

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Coco on coco 6 pointer, single white veneer, ivory hoppe ring and trim ring at joint. :thumbup:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Do you plan on using this as a player or will it be a collector's piece?

Or maybe you plan on flipping it?

That would influence my decision.

But this is your decision alone...

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
wrapless plain jane!!!!

Ebony handle and curly KOA!!!

or

Cocobolo Handle and bocote!!!

or

Ebony handle and thuya burl!!!

These with some nice ring work.

only way I would do points is Maple front with Paduak points, handle & butt. Weight is a big concern with southwest cues with points they DONT core them and get real heavy. Paduak is not very heavy like ebony and cocobolo and will produce a nice cue. IMO

KD

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Forget the J/Ps. Spend the money saved on J/Ps on the cue. I guess I do not understand the need for joint protectors, when my cue is apart it is in a padded case, when my cue is not in its padded case it is assembled. Are cue joints really so fragile that they need protectors?:confused: