Southwest number is close. What to do?

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
IMO, politely ask them use some kind of very special figured/colored wood they have, and allow them to choose veneer and accent wood colors. And tell them to have fun with it. You'll end up with something special that nobody else has.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, at one time I collected and owned 19 SW cues. I am now down to one.

Please reread what J Murphy has to say and what Will Prout has to say. That is all you need to know.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I honestly don't get why some people give you a hard time *all of the time*.

Like on this thread, why?

Regarding your sw spot coming up; congrats to you on whatever you decide.

Below is a nice combo I have which is pau ferro with purpleheart points with purplr & white veneers.

best,
brian kc

Attachments

• SW-pau-purp-full.jpg
    SW-pau-purp-full.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 352
  • SW-pau-purp-points-close.jpg
    SW-pau-purp-points-close.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 322
  • SW-pau-purp-points-full.jpg
    SW-pau-purp-points-full.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 326

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well the breaking News is I am farther out than I thought, as I thought I was like 90 days or less. But I am over 24 months out, confirmed by return e-mail, so that is that.

So now if anyone wishes to make some smart remarks, like BLUE HOG LIER, I will not return to this thread so go find some place else to spew your venom.

Like I said I am over 2 years out, have made a note on my calendar two years out. So then I will check again with Southwest

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Well the breaking News is I am farther out than I thought, as I thought I was like 90 days or less. But I am over 24 months out, confirmed by return e-mail, so that is that.

So now if anyone wishes to make some smart remarks, like BLUE HOG LIER, I will not return to this thread so go find some place else to spew your venom.

Like I said I am over 2 years out, have made a note on my calendar two years out. So then I will check again with Southwest

When did you order. I see that my first order was in 2004. In 2007, I was told that they were about 7 years out. Not that I need another cue, but just wondering.

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
Can you please explain why you would never order a sw with a maple forearm?

Several reasons:
1. Resale value is better on dark forearm SW cues.
2. SW does not core their cues, and I prefer the stiffer hit of the harder wood forearms.
3. I have RARELY seen SW use a Highly configured piece of Curly or BEM in their forearms. Although I spoke with Al Lawrence last night at pool league and he told me that SW has some 5A grade maple in stock now.
4. I would buy a wrapless SW and get a piece of that 5A grade BEM, Curly or Fiddle Back maple for the handle section However SW does have a $200 up charge for wrapless and an additional $300 up charge for 5A Grade woods = $500 up charge for the wrapless handle that I would be interested in.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me, I would order a 4 pt. 4 laminate cue made from the darkest rosewood they have, thick Ivory ring in butt and 3-7 rings at all positions. Can't decide the laminate colors.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member

That's great news....maybe by then the gaboon ebony will be flowing again !!!! :thumbup:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I honestly don't get why some people give you a hard time *all of the time*.

Like on this thread, why?

Regarding your sw spot coming up; congrats to you on whatever you decide.

Below is a nice combo I have which is pau ferro with purpleheart points with purplr & white veneers.

best,
brian kc

Other than he can't spell, and as we have all found out, can't count either ;). He tends to grate on folks, like today telling someone they have no life because they wanted to know where to play pool while out of town???

Q-Street

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Changing your order

Just curious if you were on the list for one, when your name comes up, can you get two instead of one? Or would you have had to order 2 originally?

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
Just curious if you were on the list for one, when your name comes up, can you get two instead of one? Or would you have had to order 2 originally?

You would have had to order two originally. I know, it just happened with me.