King of Texas?

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
.DCC is a great event for many people, I'm just not one of them.

I went to the DCC one time and it's just not my "cup of tea".....DCC is a great event for many people, I'm simply not one of them, and probably never will be.

I would love to play you some time. Grew up watching you on ESPN btw. Although I'm no where near pro speed it would be fun.

I've never run 27 racks in a row or even come close to running 19 for that matter. Gosh, that's a lot of racks! And a remarkable achievement. Congrats to you, sir!!

I remember David Favor when he lived In lexington, Ky. He had a period of time where he played very well too. Use to see him at Steepleton's most weeks.

Regarding the 10fter, how come you don't play in the Bigfoot challenge at DCC? If I played your speed I would throw my hat in the ring for sure.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny Archer beat me "Hill/Hill" and I hit the 9 ball 3 times in the last game. LoL....I know that sounds incredible and it was one of the wildest single games I'd ever played.

You guys don't have to worry about me "playing Shane" because, in the eyes of AZ he walks on water......I have several games better than playing the best player in the world (yes, Shane is definitely the best player in the world and everyone knows it), however he is on my list (at the top). Shane and I did play at the DCC and many of you witnessed the match and who quit......I'll give you a hint, it wasn't me.

Through history there was always those that practiced and worked on their game obsessively - Earl did it.....Varner did it....Lassiter and Mosconi did it.....Sigel did it.....and now Shane is doing it and I'm happy for him, he deserves to reap the rewards of dedicating his life to something......I respect that and also did it "once upon a time". 'The Game is my Teacher'

tumblr_m55w27QLGS1r45swfo1_500.jpg

Just for the record CJ, I wasn't criticizing you. You openly admit you are not on the same level as you once were. And that was my point as well.

Congrats to you playing Archer to a near dead heat cause I know that would be tough to do. I don't think I knew you played Shane at Derby and didn't know he quit. What was the reason?

Also, I've been a student if the game for a number of years. Juggling an education, family and career, I am proud of my game. And as you can see, I recently purchased a table of my own to assist me on my journey.

I hope you once again make it to and beyond your highest playing level ever achieved. Once there, working your way through the pecking order is the most rewarding path.

Good luck to you on your endeavor. I will certainly introduce myself if we are in the same vicinity and buy you a beer, or your drink of choice.

Gary Gullett

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
1) run the table 2) play safe 3) kick - this is a shallow representation of the game

That's cool, I don't take any of this stuff personally. It's a fact that I'm not 100%, and it's not possible for me to be without competing against players like Archer, Shane, Dennis Hatch, Rodney Morris and Earl Strickland. Even though I've played these players many times I still have to get used to playing them again......they play a different style game than other players.

There's still no reason to go chasing that competition right now, however, in the future this may change.......if the game changes. Playing "one foul" against champion players isn't much fun.....and I'm too old to play a game that isn't fun.

1) run the table 2) play safe 3) kick - this is a shallow representation of the game and I don't enjoy it very much......"Two Foul" rules are much, much better and until they are incorporated I'll choose to just play locally. 'The Game is my Teacher'

Just for the record CJ, I wasn't criticizing you. You openly admit you are not on the same level as you once were. And that was my point as well.

Congrats to you playing Archer to a near dead heat cause I know that would be tough to do. I don't think I knew you played Shane at Derby and didn't know he quit. What was the reason?

Also, I've been a student if the game for a number of years. Juggling an education, family and career, I am proud of my game. And as you can see, I recently purchased a table of my own to assist me on my journey.

I hope you once again make it to and beyond your highest playing level ever achieved. Once there, working your way through the pecking order is the most rewarding path.

Good luck to you on your endeavor. I will certainly introduce myself if we are in the same vicinity and buy you a beer, or your drink of choice.

Gary Gullett

rivercitysledge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never been to the DCC tournament....well, there was this one time that I came and gambled with a young guy named Shane......turned out uneventful.

The last time I played the "10 Ball Ghost" I gave up 7/5 on the money and beat it "10 Ahead" in 45 minutes.......it's actually easier on the 10' table, so I'll save you some money if you're actually serious. :confused:

i am serious im only about 16k looser betting against rodney and dennis but i got more for you...ill pay your expenses if the bets right and you play it like rodney did bet whatever you like...you can even play in ohio closest 10ftr i know of

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
We have 10' tables in the DFW area, so there's no reason to travel.

That is pretty loose.

We have 10' tables in the DFW area, so there's no need to travel.

i am serious im only about 16k looser betting against rodney and dennis but i got more for you...ill pay your expenses if the bets right and you play it like rodney did bet whatever you like...you can even play in ohio closest 10ftr i know of

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10 ball CJ gets the 8 push out after the break 15 ahead for 3k...

Just so we are on the same page, this is the game we talked about right?

Just to conclude our fantasy bet... 15 ahead is not exactly what I proposed. I'm talking about posting 3 g's and guaranteeing someone to lose at least that much. If one player gets down 3 and wants to continue he can. If any player quits he "taps out" and loses the 3 or more. There is no let's come back and continue tomorrow when someone fatigues. A battle of stamina, heart, and determination.

I'm really just having some fun here.

Last edited:

rivercitysledge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is pretty loose.

you acted like action in Texas was tough to get now you don't want to leave Texas when you got a chance to bet all you can stand....this guy ain't going to do nothing

HelloBaby-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is pretty loose.

I have to agree that I don't see a pro lose to 10-ball ghost, maybe in tough condition like super tight pocket and old cloth. But I still bet on the pro in that case :).
If this bet really happens, I would love to be there to witness it :)

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
look at my last 6 month's posts you'll see that I say the contrary!

Actually, if you look at my last 6 month's posts you'll see that I say the contrary! ....however, I'll still play the 10 Ball ghost on a 10' table, unless it gets "knocked".

Pool is huge in Ft. Worth and there's 5 tournaments a week that you can make $2000-$4000 in break contest and tournament winnings. I'll bet I've said that three or four times in the last 2 weeks.

you acted like action in Texas was tough to get now you don't want to leave Texas when you got a chance to bet all you can stand....this guy ain't going to do nothing

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's "child's play". ;)
childs-play.jpg

I have to agree that I don't see a pro lose to 10-ball ghost, maybe in tough condition like super tight pocket and old cloth. But I still bet on the pro in that case :).
If this bet really happens, I would love to be there to witness it :)

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to conclude our fantasy bet... 15 ahead is not exactly what I proposed. I'm talking about posting 3 g's and guaranteeing someone to lose at least that much. If one player gets down 3 and wants to continue he can. If any player quits he "taps out" and loses the 3 or more. There is no let's come back and continue tomorrow when someone fatigues. A battle of stamina, heart, and determination.

I'm really just having some fun here.

You are proposing that a player can not quit without at least losing the 3gs. At $200/game, how many games do you think a player would have to win until the total 3gs is won?

$200/game x 15 = $3000

I would say that would be 15 ahead...wouldn't you?

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are proposing that a player can not quit without at least losing the 3gs. At $200/game, how many games do you think a player would have to win until the total 3gs is won?

$200/game x 15 = $3000

I would say that would be 15 ahead...wouldn't you?

The difference is that you can only quit when you are down or forfeit. Just because you get up 15 don't mean you win. This could last for days.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The difference is that you can only quit when you are down or forfeit. Just because you get up 15 don't mean you win. This could last for days.

So, for the sake of entertainment, the 3gs is a moot point really.

No matter how much money is posted the player leading in the match cant quit at anytime. It's an uncle match. Can't quit until the losing player decides he has had enough whether he's down 5 games or 50 games.

Alright, it's been fun!

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, for the sake of entertainment, the 3gs is a moot point really.

No matter how much money is posted the player leading in the match cant quit at anytime. It's an uncle match. Can't quit until the losing player decides he has had enough whether he's down 5 games or 50 games.

Alright, it's been fun!

The 3 g's posted is critical in this type of game. When one player exhausts and can't shoot as well he can't jget back to even and quit after 2 days of playing.

nahog99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok am I going to be the only one to doubt the validity of CJ running 27 racks of 10 ball on a "super tight" ten foot table?...........

Last edited:

sopadre

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nahog,I think without BIH,the best player in the world is not favored to run 10 racks in a row,much less 27.I like CJ's game but 27 seems about the same odds as winning the lottery.I watch a lot of 10 ball tournys by top pro's and hardly see any even small packs put together.I'm not saying it didn't happen,I just think it would be a world record if it did!

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nahog,I think without BIH,the best player in the world is not favored to run 10 racks in a row,much less 27.I like CJ's game but 27 seems about the same odds as winning the lottery.I watch a lot of 10 ball tournys by top pro's and hardly see any even small packs put together.I'm not saying it didn't happen,I just think it would be a world record if it did!

He said he was playing the ghost, so yes he did get ball in hand each game. Lots of top players are capable of running 10 racks in a row vs the 10 ball ghost.

sopadre

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9 ball, did you see " without BIH " preseeding my comments? With BIH is a different scale,but 27 with BIH is still against all odds.I have seen players play the ghost with and without BIH, so I didn't assume which way he played.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9 ball, did you see " without BIH " preseeding my comments? With BIH is a different scale,but 27 with BIH is still against all odds.I have seen players play the ghost with and without BIH, so I didn't assume which way he played.

Typically when someone is playing the ghost, they take BIH. If they don't then it is usually because they have an open shot on the lowest number ball and would rather not move it. If they don't take ball in hand ever, then that is referred to as playing God.

With those guys it only comes down to whether not they have clusters after the break if they get ball in hand. I could see someone running that many racks if they make a ball or two on the break and have open tables.