wow SVB forfeits match vs Alcano

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes, the rules (and non-rules) in Pool get the better of us.
And just sometimes, we jus say F£$K IT and walk on by...
:thumbup:

hancock-movie.jpg

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
I believe the ref should have issued Shane a warning with no penalty since Shane had not called his previous three 10 balls.

Stones

kanecalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! How can anyone stand up for Alcano in this situation???? It's obvious in the video he's a snake!!!!

Anyone that thinks this move mid match by Alcano was justified should have to grow a pedi stache like Alcano! Lol. What a joke!

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's called gentlemen rules... You don't have to call obvious shots. We've suspended players from our local bca leagues for pulling stunts like this. I've noticed it's always the lesser player that pulls crap like this lol Anything to give them a chance.

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 366608Ref called a foul on Shane for not calling the 10 ball and Shane unscrews and forfeits the match the score was 5-3 Alcano in a race to 9 wow
i will post the link soon
10 ball was almost straight in lol

You guys forgot, SVB and Alcano are buddies he sponsored him to US one time..and just moving to the other side of bracket is well calculated move..

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys forgot, SVB and Alcano are buddies he sponsored him to US one time..and just moving to the other side of bracket is well calculated move..
I am sure they are ex buddies now did you see the statement post #33 SVB made lol

Last edited:

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
???

It's called gentlemen rules... You don't have to call obvious shots. We've suspended players from our local bca leagues for pulling stunts like this. I've noticed it's always the lesser player that pulls crap like this lol Anything to give them a chance.

There's no gentlemen's in tournament play. The rules of the tournament are the rules, ESPN broadcast the Challenge Of Champions and it is a call 10 ball tournament too.

Efren didn't call the 10Ball and when he was made aware of his foul, he smiled, shrugged his shoulders and set down. I like Shane and he is a great player, but he added BS to the game with this move, just play it out.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Play by the rules

Agreed..making any pro have to call that obvious a shot is stupidity..and if its true that the Ref didn't enforce this for Shane's first 3 shots on the 10 ball and then just decided to call it on him at that moment makes even less sense.

You can see Alcano chirping at the Ref, no love lost between SVB and Alcano...SVB has destroyed Alcano by ridiculous spreads too many times to list.

Its the rules!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSHVp6VDGR0

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
If they're playing WPA rules it's NOT the rules. But of course nobody seems to know what rules they're playing, but they know what the call should have been. Johnnyt

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm beginning to think Efren is the exception, rather than the rule, when it comes to sportsmanship and integrity among the Filipinos. That was a chickenshit move.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool should not be a memory test. If it isnt called, the ref should make the determination whether or not it was made in the intended pocket. Any doubts-Foul, There were no doubts here.Absurd.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So purposely moving to the loser's bracket, where it's always more difficult to win a tournament, is a well calculated move?

I swear I lose brain cells every time I read one of your posts.

Wicked Q

Registered
You know, IMO at this level of play, unless it is a difficult combo or some shot that can be be played more than one pocket, I feel they should not even have to call the shot. These guys know and understand what they player is going to do and where the shot is going to be played....ridiculous!!!

GDC

GlenC
Silver Member
It is really a shame that we cannot have a common set of universal rules for pool. With that said, I cannot believe Alcano would want to take a game that way. As a sportsman, he should not accept that. I think Shane's decision to walk out was a message to Alcano (and anyone else) that if you are going to beat him, you have to earn it.

Last edited:

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have a local tour that's a "called 9" tour. It's become a popular way to play up here. Though, it only needs to be called if it's not obvious. A bank, combo, carom etc need to be called. What Shane shot, would never need to be called.

Calling a hanger is obnoxious and calling someone out for not calling a hanger is nitty

That's true, but you'll never get penalized if you just call it. Not calling it if it's obvious just greys the line and invites problems IMO

I'll call a hanger, but just as a formality. It's more like a shrug and a "Whelp, obviously this one's going in the corner!

I try to eliminate as many ways a nit can pull a nitty move as possible.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well truth be told...,

You know, IMO at this level of play, unless it is a difficult combo or some shot that can be be played more than one pocket, I feel they should not even have to call the shot. These guys know and understand what they player is going to do and where the shot is going to be played....ridiculous!!!

The rules change all the time and that's what players meetings are for. I have played no-9 or 10Ball on the break, no-9 or 10Ball in the corner pockets where the ball are racked, but fine in any other pocket, all ball fouls, cue ball only fouls, break from the box only, break from any place behind the head string, the new break rule of three balls past the head string(bad rule).

The point being that its not poor sportsmanship on the part of the incoming player to point out a rule infraction. Yes he could have said no big deal, but this is business, this is how he makes a living and the checks can be few and far between at this level, this aint some regional tournament with two A-level players and a bunch of C-level players.

Its business and he played by the rules.