What are the Pool "Majors"?

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
I know this may seem obvious to everyone else on this forum but not to a beginner.

In the TAR video by Darren Appleton he mentions that one of his goals is to win one major a year. I know what the majors are in golf but which pool tournaments are considered the "Majors"?

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Well let's see...

I know this may seem obvious to everyone else on this forum but not to a beginner.

In the TAR video by Darren Appleton he mentions that one of his goals is to win one major a year. I know what the majors are in golf but which pool tournaments are considered the "Majors"?

Any of the world's...

The Us Open (if it keeps truckin' on)

The All Japan Open

The China open

The MP opens, looks like he's holding these more often...

DCC

Some might consider the USBTC or the billiards Expo.

There is no definitive answer. The big ones with lots of added money and a big international contingent usually qualify...

Jaden

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
US Open, World 9-Ball Championship, China Open, and the All-Japan Open are the 4 major tournaments on the WPA calendar right now.

If this year's WPA World 10-Ball becomes a yearly event again, I think it could be added it to the list as well.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any of the world's...

The All Japan Open

The China open

DCC

There is no definitive answer. The big ones with lots of added money and a big international contingent usually qualify...

Jaden

Agree-That's it

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any of the world's...

The All Japan Open

The China open

DCC

Jaden

Some don't consider the DCC a major. Think someone posted about that last week in another thread. Particularly as it started out with short races.