Can you change a Phenolic tip to a leather?

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's probably a dumb question but can you change the phenolic tip to a leather tip?

I have a Stinger break cue and I just can't control the cb on my break with a phenolic tip. I've actually switched to breaking with a G-Core shaft so I can still get my cb center table. On that note, is there any downside to changing the tip?

Edit: I just seen there is actually a thread that talks about this on the first page. Is there anything special that has to be done with changing the tip compared to a normal cue?

Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure, no problem :)
Take your cue to the local repair guy, he will fix it for ya :)

TomInFaribo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did it several years ago for the same problems. Put a Black Hard Kamui on and then replaced that with a White Diamond. What a difference control plus power. Just add chalk nothing else for 5 years.

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have switched Phenolic to Water Buffalo for some customers. It's a nice hard leather tip that is inexpensive and you still have good control of the cue ball when breaking. Also, you don't get that cracking sound as you do with the Phenolic.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's probably a dumb question but can you change the phenolic tip to a leather tip?

I have a Stinger break cue and I just can't control the cb on my break with a phenolic tip. I've actually switched to breaking with a G-Core shaft so I can still get my cb center table. On that note, is there any downside to changing the tip?

Edit: I just seen there is actually a thread that talks about this on the first page. Is there anything special that has to be done with changing the tip compared to a normal cue?

Oh heck, just buy a whole new break shaft.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221729465712?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Tips

I can and I am open for business, If you don't have a local cue repair guy then send it to me.
I stand behind my work 100%..................