Oldest son in New Orleans for the week

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My oldest boy works as a barista in a Brooklyn cafe. A few months ago, a couple guys came in and told him he was a dead ringer for Lafcidio Hearn, an obscure 19th century author they were making an indie movie about. They asked him if he ever acted, and he said no, but they took his number anyway. A few weeks later they called him and said they had to have him for the lead in the movie, so he accepted and they flew him down to New Orleans for the week to shoot.

He is at The Columns, which is only about 6-7 miles from Buffalo's Billiards. I told him he should go and check it out. He's like me, not much of a player at all, but he loves it anyway. So, if you see a guy about 5' 8" who looks like the young man in the photo (to the left of the author the movie is about), extend some southern hospitality and say hi. His name is Nic. He doesn't gamble, but he might possibly be persuaded to play a cheap set or two if you give him a fair game.

Attachments

• Nic and Lafcadio.jpg
    Nic and Lafcadio.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 290

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
With a nice intro like that I'd be surprised if he isn't given a nice friendly "Hello" from a member or two, I know if I was there I certainly would.

J

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member

What an incredible likeness!

Just let me know when Nic visits Buffalos Billiards. I go there mostly around 7:30 pm, fwiw.

JoeyA

My oldest boy works as a barista in a Brooklyn cafe. A few months ago, a couple guys came in and told him he was a dead ringer for Lafcidio Hearn, an obscure 19th century author they were making an indie movie about. They asked him if he ever acted, and he said no, but they took his number anyway. A few weeks later they called him and said they had to have him for the lead in the movie, so he accepted and they flew him down to New Orleans for the week to shoot.

He is at The Columns, which is only about 6-7 miles from Buffalo's Billiards. I told him he should go and check it out. He's like me, not much of a player at all, but he loves it anyway. So, if you see a guy about 5' 8" who looks like the young man in the photo (to the left of the author the movie is about), extend some southern hospitality and say hi. His name is Nic. He doesn't gamble, but he might possibly be persuaded to play a cheap set or two if you give him a fair game.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What an incredible likeness!

Just let me know when Nic visits Buffalos Billiards. I go there mostly around 7:30 pm, fwiw.

JoeyA

Yeah, that's why these guys wanted him, even without him ever acting. I really don't know why he's never had the bug, because he always hung with artsy performing types because he's a killer musician (his current band has recorded songs for two separate movies coming out). He's been in NYC for four years now trying to make it big in music, and now this movie thing comes out of the clear blue. It's a small indie project, but it pays well and is a foot in the door, so we are very happy for him. Maybe it will lead to something big.

Anyway, I already told him to look for you if he goes there. Told him you were sort of the mayor of the NOLA pool scene, which he thought was pretty cool. He's a good kid with a great sense of humor, just wish he'd play more because I always thought he had some potential if he had the right influences. I'll tell him you are looking out for him, maybe that will get him over there.

JoeyA

Silver Member
No Mayor but I will make sure he has a good time, as long as I get Nic's autograph. ;)
JoeyA

Yeah, that's why these guys wanted him, even without him ever acting. I really don't know why he's never had the bug, because he always hung with artsy performing types because he's a killer musician (his current band has recorded songs for two separate movies coming out). He's been in NYC for four years now trying to make it big in music, and now this movie thing comes out of the clear blue. It's a small indie project, but it pays well and is a foot in the door, so we are very happy for him. Maybe it will lead to something big.

Anyway, I already told him to look for you if he goes there. Told him you were sort of the mayor of the NOLA pool scene, which he thought was pretty cool. He's a good kid with a great sense of humor, just wish he'd play more because I always thought he had some potential if he had the right influences. I'll tell him you are looking out for him, maybe that will get him over there.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Mayor but I will make sure he has a good time, as long as I get Nic's autograph. ;)
JoeyA

He'd get a kick out of giving out autographs, but he'll probably want yours as well. :wink:

How do visitors get around down there? His text to me last night: "Public transit is nearly nonexistent". Lol

He's been living in NYC too long. He gets everywhere by subway or by hoofing it. I lose 5 pounds every time I visit him, just walking. 7 miles is a bit of a hike by foot, though. Do you have cabs like in NY, or buses that go by both places?

JoeyA

Silver Member
He'd get a kick out of giving out autographs, but he'll probably want yours as well. :wink:

How do visitors get around down there? His text to me last night: "Public transit is nearly nonexistent". Lol

He's been living in NYC too long. He gets everywhere by subway or by hoofing it. I lose 5 pounds every time I visit him, just walking. 7 miles is a bit of a hike by foot, though. Do you have cabs like in NY, or buses that go by both places?

Cabs are available. Also, there is bus transportation which is a lot cheaper but they have their own street routes.
This is for Jefferson Parish (County) Metairie, Kenner area where Buffalos Billiards is located.

New Orleans area : http://www.norta.com/
Street Cars • Buses • Ferries

JoeyA