Shane and Ko: The Rivalry has been unfolded

CokerFan82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really?

It is when one is 15 and the other 21.

I don't think age has much to do with it.... Wu Jia-qing

In 2005, after only six years of playing, Wu became the youngest player (at 16 years, 5 months old) ever to win the WPA World Nine-ball Championship. The next year, he was the top seed of the event, but lost in the quarter-final round to eventual winner Ronato Alcano of the Philippines.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think age has much to do with it.... Wu Jia-qing

In 2005, after only six years of playing, Wu became the youngest player (at 16 years, 5 months old) ever to win the WPA World Nine-ball Championship. The next year, he was the top seed of the event, but lost in the quarter-final round to eventual winner Ronato Alcano of the Philippines.
Lol

Is this your proof that age doesnt matter?

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol

Is this your proof that age doesnt matter?

It would be hard to fathom how many turnys he and the Ko boys would win stateside , I said a many of time if there was any real money in pool in the US , American players would have to look for a new line of work

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be hard to fathom how many turnys he and the Ko boys would win stateside , I said a many of time if there was any real money in pool in the US , American players would have to look for a new line of work

Shane is good beyond belief but these two are good beyond imagination... especially Wu

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane is good beyond belief but these two are good beyond imagination... especially Wu

Ya I agreee ,, I think in big Ko's mind beating WU was the top prize ,, these guys are just sickening good and contrary to corvettes belief I think the longer they play the better they play ,the best chance you have is early once they catch a gear it's good nite

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya I agreee ,, I think in big Ko's mind beating WU was the top prize ,, these guys are just sickening good and contrary to corvettes belief I think the longer they play the better they play ,the best chance you have is early once they catch a gear it's good nite

I agree.

Corvette sounds like Barton.

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lil ko is a monster... Shane is a giant killer and KO is a phenom ...lil ko is in the wings of the rivalry and lil lil ko.... He is is just learning from both older brothers of what it takes and what mistakes not to make

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lil ko is a monster... Shane is a giant killer and KO is a phenom ...lil ko is in the wings of the rivalry and lil lil ko.... He is is just learning from both older brothers of what it takes and what mistakes not to make

And there is wu... Still knowing he can get it

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And there is wu... Still knowing he can get it

Ya no question the match with Ko was the match of the tournament, but to Ko that was the real prize he clearly didn't have his A game in the final , I believe Wu would have left no doubt in the end , he's atleast 1a for sure

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I still don't think you are recognizing Shane's destroying (for lack of a better word) of little Ko in the semi finals today (a match you predicted he would lose) and then recognizing the fact that big Ko was two racks away from defeat (final score 13-11 w two racks won on a couple of friendly rolls).

Most on this thread have of course recognized big Ko as a real champion and true force to be reckoned with. As of yet, it seems your position hasn't changed on Shane.

Could you at least come to terms with that he is far better than you thought and fairly even with big Ko?

The facts of today make it obvious.

For all the talk I heard about Ko brothers being dominant-Shane took them both on and came out 22-14 the winner, leaving the entire nation of Taiwan sweating bullets and breathing a sigh of relief.

Remember all the talk about Shane can't play overseas? Well this was Ko's domain, Shane stepped up and impressed.

Now comes the US Open and into Shane's domain.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still don't think you are recognizing Shane's destroying (for lack of a better word) of little Ko in the semi finals today (a match you predicted he would lose) and then recognizing the fact that big Ko was two racks away from defeat (final score 13-11 w two racks won on a couple of friendly rolls).

Most on this thread have of course recognized big Ko as a real champion and true force to be reckoned with. As of yet, it seems your position hasn't changed on Shane.

Could you at least come to terms with that he is far better than you thought and fairly even with big Ko?

The facts of today make it obvious.

For all the talk I heard about Ko brothers being dominant-Shane took them both on and came out 22-14 the winner, leaving the entire nation of Taiwan sweating bullets and breathing a sigh of relief.

Remember all the talk about Shane can't play overseas? Well this was Ko's domain, Shane stepped up and impressed.

Now comes the US Open and into Shane's domain.

Today worked out pretty much like I thought it would.

If Shane can find his confidence he can play very close to as well as anyone on the planet. I have not seen the Little Ko match yet but I imagine he got out strong and little Ko fell behind... obviously.

It is when it comes down to a real battle and total confidence is not possible that I think Shane could still use some improvement and that little mental part that can be obtained will be the difference in the future in winning in situations like what he was in today at the end of the Ko match and losing.

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If Shane can find his confidence he can play very close to as well as anyone on the planet. I have not seen the Little Ko match yet but I imagine he got out strong and little Ko fell behind... obviously.

It is when it comes down to a real battle and total confidence is not possible that I think Shane could still use some improvement and that little mental part that can be obtained will be the difference in the future in winning in situations like what he was in today at the end of the Ko match and losing.

I have to agree with that for sure.
That's an excellent observation.
I was paying attention to the body language in the finals, and Shane and Ko have similar tells as to when they are mentally on edge.
You could see it in Ko when he scratched on that 8 ball to go down 8-9. But when Shane missed position on that 7 in the vey next rack, Ko snapped right out of it, and Shane never fully recovered.

At the end of the CSI 8 ball invitational last year, when these two played, Ko rolled out of position in the final rack, and you could see his body language was defeated. He went for a tough shot and sold out.
Just like the last rack today for Shane.

I really think Shane would benefit from a coach. I am pretty sure, but can't say for certain, that the Ko boys travel with a coach from Taiwan. On time outs, having a coach give advice from that third person perspective is invaluable at regaining confidence.

The commentators were talking about the last time out how Ko was conversing with his brother, and I thought that would help for sure.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
worked out like you thought it would???!?!?!!!

You are ****ing delusional...

You THOUGHT Shane would horse**** DO and Lil Ko 11-1 each??? in an alternate break format????cause I didn't. I thought it would be close and any of them could've won. But in your mind it was impossible that Shane could even win the whole thing. ..

You are so ****ing delusional it's pathetic.

Jaden

p.s. Do ya know what went EXACTLY like I thought it WOULD?????

You dipshits still hating on America and Shane no matter WHAT he did in this tourney. Hell, one of America's lower level pros made it to top 32 and America's second best showed he's right there at the top too.

And WHAT happens, morons try to claim that Shane isn't even GREAT yet...lol. It's really sad that people can be that delusional in their hate.

Last edited:

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
You are ****ing delusional...

You THOUGHT Shane would horse**** DO and Lil Ko 11-1 each??? in an alternate break format????

You are so ****ing delusional it's pathetic.

Jaden

p.s. Do ya know what went EXACTLY like I thought it WOULD?????

You dipshits still hating on America and Shane no matter WHAT he did in this tourney. Hell, one of America's lower level pros made it to top 32 and America's second best showed he's right there at the top too.

And WHAT happens, morons try to claim that Shane isn't even GREAT yet...lol. It's really sad that people can be that delusional in their hate.

You're funny...YOU of all people giving lessons about hate lol