Ko Pin-Yi. Best player on earth.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless Alex is a relative of yours, he has no business on that list.

Uhm. Are we talking about best player or best 9-ball player? I did read thread and i did not see any sign about restricted only to 9-ball?
You are claiming Alex is not considered best all around player today?
Or are you just trolling like(i feel ) most of time when i see your comments.

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
Uhm. Are we talking about best player or best 9-ball player? I did read thread and i did not see any sign about restricted only to 9-ball?
You are claiming Alex is not considered best all around player today?
Or are you just trolling like(i feel ) most of time when i see your comments.

Not trolling you at all. When was the last time Alex won a major at any game? Forgive my ignorance in advance, if he's won something in that one-pocket crap game that nobody outside the US is giving a **** about.

ScottyDzntKnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not trolling you at all. When was the last time Alex won a major at any game? Forgive my ignorance in advance, if he's won something in that one-pocket crap game that nobody outside the US is giving a **** about.

Your Right, Alex is really just a good short stop now a days.:banghead:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Alex has not had the same fire to play. He is into other things now. I would bet the other players are downright happy about that.

mmktierney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex is a monster in most any game....I would not bet against him in a money game with anyone. Having said that, I would never like betting my cash against Ko, SVB...Biado....Appleton.....little Ko....anyone of the last 16 in the world 9 ball tournament......right now is Ko Pin Yi's time in the spotlight....it may be for a long time, or a short time......he's a great player....to try and say who is the greatest by trashing one or all of the others is asinine...they are all great players and at times each has been "The Greatest Player" in the world.....

2/5MR2

amateur
Not only did Ko got lucky in the 9-ball match vs SVB but luck was the deciding factor. It was obvious SVB was the better of the two that day. It is time for pool to move to something more segmented like tennis even if it means longer matches. For major tournaments like U.S. open and WC, I think 3 races to 7, win by 2, and 10-10 is hill-hill, would be appropriate. Max of 63 games instead of 25 so the final match could be 5h long. I don' think it is too much to crown a world champion.

The U.S Open is going that way this year:
From the website:
Final Day
Format for Final 3 matches - Quarter and Semi finals: Race to 11; must win by 2. 12/12 is Hill, Hill. - Finals: Race to 13; must win by 2. 14/14 is Hill, Hill.

Good start but I don't think it is enough. 3 sets will make it way more unlikely that luck would be the deciding factor.

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol

Since when Fight Night is a major tournament? Beating Frost must be one of his greatest achievements hahahaha

Don't you know that tournament pool isn't real pool? That drunk guy at the corner bar taking on all comers is the real champion. Money talks and that guy's getting everyone's cheese. Long after the buzzards of AZB have finally died off, we'll still be talking about the guy who always won the gambling matches and got the money, not some lucky schmuck who beat everyone at organized pool. Haven't you figured this out by now?

Rusty C

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not only did Ko got lucky in the 9-ball match vs SVB but luck was the deciding factor. It was obvious SVB was the better of the two that day. It is time for pool to move to something more segmented like tennis even if it means longer matches. For major tournaments like U.S. open and WC, I think 3 races to 7, win by 2, and 10-10 is hill-hill, would be appropriate. Max of 63 games instead of 25 so the final match could be 5h long. I don' think it is too much to crown a world champion.

From the website:
Final Day
Format for Final 3 matches - Quarter and Semi finals: Race to 11; must win by 2. 12/12 is Hill, Hill. - Finals: Race to 13; must win by 2. 14/14 is Hill, Hill.

Good start but I don't think it is enough. 3 sets will make it way more unlikely that luck would be the deciding factor.

I agree they treat a major tournament the same as they would a weekly bar tournament.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Unless Alex is a relative of yours, he has no business on that list.

Lol.. Last derby had a few top notch competitors I remember. I also remember Alex holding numerous large cheques over his head at the end of the week. Quietly on Top of the money list at the moment. He is one of the best without a doubt, pal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Barry was using the win by 2 format in 2010. He got the idea from Tennis. It made for an exciting final.

From the website:
Final Day

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Does winning worlds really make him the best player? Look at SVB's resume, and look and Ko Pin Yi's. Shanes resume looks much better, right? He has won many more major championships then Ko, right?

Ko is this year's:
  • -World 10-ball Champion
  • -World 9-ball Champion
  • -World Cup of Pool Champion
Shane has not won anything yet this year, and even if he wins the US Open, it still wont be enough. Shane is a very very good player though.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
...................................................................................................................................

Attachments

• notagain.jpg
    notagain.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 532