Analysis of Stan's 1/2 tip pivot

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Colin,

I may have missed something 'somewhere'.

I thought you intended to show 2 different outcomes from the exact same shot due to pivot & points of pivot variations.

At least that is how I saw it in my head.

That way the camera line would be totally consistent.

I've only had one cup of coffee & was moving furniture last night.

So, I could be a wombat.:wink:

Cheers

That was a concept. Can do the same with exact same CB start position and shot line toward camera with enough care.

But this alone would provide good data on variability.

For Stan, straighten the first one up a bit to get the 15 inside toward the thick and thin side as you're familiar with. The only point is that there is a significant angle differential.

It would be easier to perform down a rail, in terms of picking a geometry, but playing from an angle into a pocket reduces slop tendencies from a sliding near rail. Not that it's a challenge about pocketing, it's just that slopping balls down rails on US tables, which makes pockets about 6 inches wide, blurs the results. I'd only really want to measure shots that go pretty clean anyway, hence filtering out the bad strokes, errors, whatever, just to get to the mechanism and how much variability it has.

Colin

Colin

Last edited:

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We got a hiccup, Houston!

1st shot. 15 inside or 30 outside
2nd shot. 30 inside

Stan Shuffett
Stan,

You probably missed my dual response post, which included a response to you.

Just thicken the pots a little so they both fall into the 15 inside shot, but with noticeable cut angle differences.

Video so the pre and post pivot can be seen and show that you can do them with the same pivoting mechanism that you claim to use.

Pretty simple, as you've claimed to be doing this for years and it's apparently easy for you.

Colin

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan,

You probably missed my dual response post, which included a response to you.

Just thicken the pots a little so they both fall into the 15 inside shot, but with noticeable cut angle differences.

Video so the pre and post pivot can be seen and show that you can do them with the same pivoting mechanism that you claim to use.

Pretty simple, as you've claimed to be doing this for years and it's apparently easy for you.

Colin

I will put it on my YouTube list. I have many, many requests.

My wife has been on vacation this week. I took a break from my book project....and visited my son past couple of days. It is back to the book tomorrow ( 40 hour week)
Anyway, My YouTube videoing has obviously been dormant for awhile and will continue to be as my energy is channeled into putting a text together. I look forward to much YouTube work in future.

Stan Shuffett

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will put it on my YouTube list. I have many, many requests.

My wife has been on vacation this week. I took a break from my book project....and visited my son past couple of days. It is back to the book tomorrow ( 40 hour week)
Anyway, My YouTube videoing has obviously been dormant for awhile and will continue to be as my energy is channeled into putting a text together. I look forward to much YouTube work in future.

Stan Shuffett
No worries. I don't intend it to come across as telling you what to do, just advising on how this aspect might be demonstrated best in video. If you find the time, it would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Colin

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
:smile::smile::smile:
I really can't believe that we are annualizing Stan's stroke and debating it.
Seriously have we run out of things to talk about.:rotflmao1:

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
And you would be right there explaining why the King Indian Defense could never, ever, work for anyone. That he is just fooling you with it. :wink:

Colin's posts are not saying that at all. He's putting up some sample shots and asking fair questions.

The back and forth between Stan and Colin seems reasonable.

The only post that is negative and dismissive for no good reason is yours above.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Colin's posts are not saying that at all. He's putting up some sample shots and asking fair questions.

The back and forth between Stan and Colin seems reasonable.

The only post that is negative and dismissive for no good reason is yours above.

:thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2: