My Cue Action

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice. Hopefully more people will start to take your advice. It's some of the best on here.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Not shabby for a young whipper snapper.

You post 'older'.

And you play slower than me.

I've actually gotten quicker since talking with Gene.

Best Wishes.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool players play that eight ball with inside and come around. I think you got lucky on that one. :)

You cue just like I pictured in my head. Very nice. You take you're time visualizing the shot line and then approach it methodically. I like it. It's like you're really locking onto the shot line. I could definitely do a better job in that area.

Thanks for posting. I would like to see you play a few racks.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not shabby for a young whipper snapper.

You post 'older'.

And you play slower than me.

I've actually gotten quicker since talking with Gene.

Best Wishes.
Lol I was playing with a groin strain which doesn't help with running around the table. But I am a generally slow player. I was actually trying out some advice gene gave out. Trying to keep my dominant eye along the shot line and then finally over the cue which feels a bit alien to me and I was hitting shots thick constantly so I had to take my time to re-aim most shots from what I'm used to.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool players play that eight ball with inside and come around. I think you got lucky on that one. :)

You cue just like I pictured in my head. Very nice. You take you're time visualizing the shot line and then approach it methodically. I like it. It's like you're really locking onto the shot line. I could definitely do a better job in that area.

Thanks for posting. I would like to see you play a few racks.
The 8 with inside was the plan at the start. But from behind the shot the stun with a bit of outside just looked too appealing. I did get lucky though I was trying to figure out the angle I wanted to come off the rail... But wasn't stood behind the shot when doing it and got side tracked with forgetting about the scratch.

I like to take my time to check, double check then triple check by visualizing how the balls are going to react. My opponents hate it.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
You cue nicely. You need to put some "flow" in your game though. It's a bit robotic. Your shot on the 8 WAS the right choice,IMO, BUT you chose or just miss hit along the wrong line... That table also looked pretty forgiving. Practice on the tightest table you can find and that will give your choices more perspective.. Happy Rolls!

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Lol I was playing with a groin strain which doesn't help with running around the table. But I am a generally slow player. I was actually trying out some advice gene gave out. Trying to keep my dominant eye along the shot line and then finally over the cue which feels a bit alien to me and I was hitting shots thick constantly so I had to take my time to re-aim most shots from what I'm used to.

Here's something to consider.

You lift the cue & even though you sort of go straight in after lifting the cue it's almost as though you are turning right to left. I could not see for sure on the video, but it looked like you might have the tip to the right & then turn or drift back left to the center while going down.

That's sort of what I did for most of my time when using a more square snooker type stance as I stepped right foot in & then left foot to the side. but I didn't have the cue in my bridge & lift it. I placed the cue sweeping into the bridge as I went down with the tip moving right to left.

Lately since finding out that I am left eyed like you, I have come more to turning left to right. The tip is always on the left & I am now more turning away from the shot than I ever have before. I'm now going in with the left foot & back with the right. I've found that has helped me to keep my left eye from drifting off to the left of the shot as it did with the other footwork.

You may not want to change anything as you seem a bit regimented. So like CJ always said, just put it on a shelf & remember that it's there. You may want to try it at some time in the future.

Best Wishes.

Last edited:

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great stuff!! I always get something out of your posts.

I notice that you pull back quite far for a full stroke on every shot. Just curious what the advantage is in doing that?
I'm used to playing on slow cloth as a kid on the snooker tables. That's it pretty much. On today's fast cloth there isn't any advantage that I can see of pulling back as far as I do. Although this was a crappy table and rather slow, most are fairly quick and a pull back of half my length would be enough.

Pulling back as far as I do will cause most people more problems .

Wheels33

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm used to playing on slow cloth as a kid on the snooker tables. That's it pretty much. On today's fast cloth there isn't any advantage that I can see of pulling back as far as I do. Although this was a crappy table and rather slow, most are fairly quick and a pull back of half my length would be enough.

Pulling back as far as I do will cause most people more problems .

Good to know.....thanks for explaining.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
nice shooting pidge
i must admit i pictured you as much older....:eek::eek::eek::eek: