Allen Hopkins Q Skill test on a 7 footer?

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I've been practicing a fair bit lately and need something other than drills and trying to run 8 ball racks.

I've had the scorecard and rules saved for a while but never gave it a shot because of my limited access to a 9 ft table and I'm assuming that's what the test was built for. Should I try it on a 7 footer or will it be completely inaccurate on a barbox?

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't recall the test (of the top) but here's what i'd say.
Time spend without a cue in your hand is time wasted. Use what you have available "But" depending on your skill level what you then is is set the bar higher on certain exercise.
So if the drill calls for 1 diamond use, if it calls for you to make the shot 3 times make it 5 (I think you get the idea)

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
So I've been practicing a fair bit lately and need something other than drills and trying to run 8 ball racks.

I've had the scorecard and rules saved for a while but never gave it a shot because of my limited access to a 9 ft table and I'm assuming that's what the test was built for. Should I try it on a 7 footer or will it be completely inaccurate on a barbox?

A number of years back we had an annual competition here on AZ using the Q skill test as the rules. members played on all sizes of tables and it didn't seem that anyone had a problem with it.

I've done the test on both 9 foot and 7 foot tables and find it a touch easier on the smaller table.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could always do the Billiards University test as it adjust accordingly for table/pocket size if I recall correctly.

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A number of years back we had an annual competition here on AZ using the Q skill test as the rules. members played on all sizes of tables and it didn't seem that anyone had a problem with it.

I've done the test on both 9 foot and 7 foot tables and find it a touch easier on the smaller table.

I'm guessing it would be a easier on the 7 footer but I'm going to try it out anyway. That being said I find 8 ball harder on the barbox than on a 9 footer because it's more congested, but without having to shoot solids/stripes I was curious how much easier it is. I'm terrible so if I score good it will show that it's a lot easier on the 7 footer. :) Thanks much! Good to know I'm not the only one that's doing it on a barbox.

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could always do the Billiards University test as it adjust accordingly for table/pocket size if I recall correctly.

If you are talking the full exam, I would put I'm going to be plugging quarters so it's tough to do some of the parts of the full exam. Someday I'll have a table at home.