Impressive Looking Tournament Management Software

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looks interesting, but it appears that for a player to be added to a bracket, they need to make an account.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I have an excel program developed by a friend of mine that can do everything. Simple to use.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
I have an excel program developed by a friend of mine that can do everything. Simple to use.

Do you have any info on yours? My brother is an excel wizard and I thought about having him make something for our regional tournaments but I'm not sure where to start with the process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member

I have observed that you claim to be a smart guy, but comparing excel with Cuescore is like comparing a bicycle with a jumbojet. Sure, both can be used to get you from a to b.

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably not, so if you are in a third world country with no Internet and no signal for your cell phone either, you should probably stick to old school single user excel.

Sounds a lot like Scotland, where we do hold tournaments. Also, hold a lot of tournaments in hotels where they kick you off after 20 minutes - a real pain in the arse.

With a non-web based system you can choose when you publish it to the internet, for example, every few seconds, every minute, once an hour or just once at the end of the tournament.

With a web based system you, and all the users, are forced into having a true internet connection, which simply may not be available.

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So in the end bicycles are pretty handy if your jumbo jet has run out of fuel.

Been years since excel was single user also, and I can't speak for the other guy but excel is just a front end and it must be a very very complicated tournament if it requires more than one person to run it at a time - whether excel or not.

Ours are pretty in depth and we only ever need one person.

stavang

Hi all, my name is Thomas Stavang Pedersen, and I am the creator of cuescore.com, and I thank you again for your interest in the site.
We have created two accounts here at AZB. This is my personal account "stavang", and the other is the company account named "cuescore".

A quick response to "skip100": You can create your own players from your cuescore homepage ("My players"), and add them to a bracket. Later, you can invite the same players to create an account, but that is completely up to you. The players you create will be private for your own use.

In regards to losing internet connectivity I can say that I understand that problem, and you should of course always plan for something like this to happen. The page will not disappear if you lose internet as it refreshes data in a manner that prevents that from happening, but you might browse away from the page, lose connectivity, and not get back to it.
To be on the safe side you should therefore always print the schedule after the draw so you always have a "manual" solution to fall back on (print to a PDF if you don't want the paperwork). You can always enter the results in later.
Of course, you should already be doing this as your harddrive might break at any time, and a fall-back plan needs to be in order. A harddrive failure is not so common, but the more important an event is, the more important is your fall-back plan. Print to paper is as safe as you can get.
CueScore has a top-to-bottom layout of brackets which is easy to print, and also tells you where players go after each match so it is easy to do manual updates if you have to.

I hope you all will try out the site and give us feedback, we are just getting started and have lots more stuff coming. :)