cleaning table cloth?

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need to know if there is a trick to cleaning table cloth once it gets soiled! We try to get people to eat away from the tables.I have brushed and used damp cloth and vac. Thanks mark

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I need to know if there is a trick to cleaning table cloth once it gets soiled! We try to get people to eat away from the tables.I have brushed and used damp cloth and vac. Thanks mark

In 10 years of being on AZB.....you've never come across one of the 30 or so threads on the subject of cloth cleaning?

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Woolite

I do what you do, but my damp white micro fleece cloth comes from a 2 gallon bucket filled with the hottest water I can stand and a couple of ounces of Woolite, which was a tip from a very savvy table guy on this forum.

I have a small square of Simonis 860 HR Tournament Blue cloth left over from my table install. I plan on taking it to the dry cleaners and asking them about stain removal. When I eventually recover my table with more 860 HR I will have more cloth to experiment on. I am also going to experiment with Woolite and cold water for stain removal, as I believe 860 HR is a 70/30 % blend of wool and nylon.

For some reason Simonis, who many regard as the makers of the worlds best table cloth, does not offer any tips on removing stains from their cloth, at least none I am aware of. Maybe there are just to many variables beyond their control in removing stains from their cloth and they do not want the liability issues that may result from recommendations.

I wish they would do some testing and just offer the industry standard disclaimer warning of testing it on a small piece in an inconspicuous area.

Last edited:

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do what you do, but my damp white micro fleece cloth comes from a 2 gallon bucket filled with the hottest water I can stand and a couple of ounces of Woolite, which was a tip from a very savvy table guy on this forum.

I have a small square of Simonis 860 HR Tournament Blue cloth left over from my table install. I plan on taking it to the dry cleaners and asking them about stain removal. When I eventually recover my table with more 860 HR I will have more cloth to experiment on. I am also going to experiment with Woolite and cold water for stain removal, as I believe 860 HR is a 70/30 % blend of wool and nylon.

For some reason Simonis, who many regard as the makers of the worlds best table cloth, does not offer any tips on removing stains from their cloth, at least none I am aware of. Maybe there are just to many variables beyond their control in removing stains from their cloth and they do not want the liability issues that may result from recommendations.

I wish they would do some testing and just offer the industry standard disclaimer warning of testing it on a small piece in an inconspicuous area.

I have a question for you (or perhaps the RKC himself): which Woolite product is best? I see three different ones on their website: http://www.woolite.ca/en/products.php
Gideon

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We sell over 400lbs. of Chicken Wings a week so our tables get some good stains. I've always used 409 or something similar right on the spot, a quick scrubbing with a wet/hot cloth, immediately go over the entire area with Woolite solution and them follow with a dry Microfiber towel. Our cloth is 860HR and with 14-16 teams 4 nights a week, Tourneys every other Sat. from Nov.-April, and free pool every Sunday, we get 2 years out of our cloth. We keep to a stringent cleaning regiment, the cloth and customers seem to appreciate it. Brian.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe the 860 is 90/10 and the 760 is 70/30.

I would be interested in knowing which Woolite is best for cleaning. I maintain the tables at our clubhouse and just do frequent brushing, soft brush vacuuming and finally a wipe down with a very hot damp cloth. We do not allow food or drink in the room!

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've used the pink/delicate for 8 years and it works well, a little goes a long way. Don't go overboard with the concentration. Brian.