Any Daz vs earl updates?

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update:

Earl is probably fuming at somebody to blame when missing a shot. Isn't this why he wasn't invited back to the Mosconi Cup? Great player. Uncontrollable outbursts. Not only does he get angry with the audience, but has even told a referee to shut up.

At the end, Earl was standing at the table, getting bombarded by people with photographs to sign. He did.

So...he's not that bad.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I thought the level of play was pretty good. I watched quite a bit of it. The pockets were 4.25 and Earl rattled a few balls that hung up that were pretty key to Daz coming back in set 1. It wasn't quite as tactical as I thought it might be. It was actually pretty cool because the outs required some tougher position play and more difficult shots.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first B&R was in set 3, to put Daz up 3-0. That might have been the only one.

Daz was a little shaky in set 1, but during set 2 he started playing near perfect for the rest of the night. But down 7-8 he bobbled a 10 ball to give Earl the set.

It seemed like the last two hours Daz missed only twice while Earl missed a half dozen, including several blown runouts on the 6 or 7 ball.

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
4 POCKETS 017.jpg

4 POCKETS 021.jpg

earl's ass weight parachute aperatus
4 POCKETS 024.jpg

corpse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any bets on what gaff idea Earl comes up with next, if he doesn't win? Only allowed to shoot in the bottom left corner pocket if it's not raining?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It was good for the parts I watched. I was in and out. I don't think they had many break and runs, just because a lot of dry breaks. ...

The first B&R was in set 3, to put Daz up 3-0. That might have been the only one.

Daz was a little shaky in set 1, but during set 2 he started playing near perfect for the rest of the night. But down 7-8 he bobbled a 10 ball to give Earl the set.

It seemed like the last two hours Daz missed only twice while Earl missed a half dozen, including several blown runouts on the 6 or 7 ball.

Yes, just 1 B&R in 43 games (2%).

Successful breaks (made a ball and did not foul) numbered just 12 (28%).

Misses were lopsided in Darren's favor in Set 1, but about even thereafter. Both players had 3 misses in Set 3, but Darren got good rolls on his, whereas Earl left run-outs on his. Earl also fouled 4 times in Set 3, two of which led directly to run-outs by Darren.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
You know.... honestly..... I truly did not believe there were such things as ass weights. I had heard people talking about Earls ass weights. Ive never actually seen Earl use them in any of the streams I'd seen or in any of the vids available online. But now that I see them... they are real. I can no longer live in a world where there were no such thing as ass weights.

I'm broken now.... nothing makes any sense anymore. You dont just UN-SEE ass weights.

Thanks guys, thanks a bunch.

Lesh

Last edited:

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
And people thought I was crazy when I said this...

Daz crushes him.

This is what I'm saying. Earl is a great shotmaker, but Darren has a better cue ball. In the long race Darren's superior cue ball will matter more than Earl's shotmaking. Darren isn't a slouch when it comes to shotmaking either. Daz gets up by 10 and Earl starts imploding.