Has your cue ever been in a house without air conditioning for several days?

I am really worried about my cue , because I recently moved into a house that was supposed to have an air conditioner installed in it, but the one that the landlord got for it was non working.

So, for the last several days, the house has felt like it is 200 degrees inside.

Will be getting an air conditioner in a few days, but who knows what the condition of my olney cue will be in by that time.

It has already spent 3 days in that house without any temperature controll, and there has been a heat wave (without hardly any breeze) here in Louisville .

Window fan has done hardly anything to cool down 1 room in the house.

Anyways, just curious what the odds are that the cue I have so get very badly warped ?

I am having nightmares about it, lol, but maybe the heat is just making me crazy.

I can handle it, but just not sure how straight my cue will stay in my tube case.

Thanks for any thoughts about this, or any info about any past experiences (if you ever had to go without any air conditioning in an old house, in the middle of summer, with your cue inside the house).

I imagine if that ever happened to you, then you probably left your cue with family or friends, but the thing is, that I have neither here in Louisville, and nobody that I know that I would trust with my cue.

I prey that my cue has been able to handle the heat, and is still in the same condition that it was the last time I checked it out, and I really hope that it stays as straight as it is.

I know it is my own fault if it is badly warped now.

I do a lot of stupid things.

I should have left it with the owner of a pool hall that I, go to sometimes downtown, or maybe with a cue repair person.

Please tell me that I have no reason to worry.

Thanks

Last edited:

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am really worried about my cue , because I recently moved into a house that was supposed to have an air conditioner installed in it, but the one that the landlord got for it was non working.

So, for the last several days, the house has felt like it is 200 degrees inside.

Will be getting an air conditioner in a few days, but who knows what the condition of my olney cue will be in by that time.

It has already spent 3 days in that house without any temperature controll, and there has been a heat wave (without hardly any breeze) here in Louisville .

Window fan has done hardly anything to cool down 1 room in the house.

Anyways, just curious what the odds are that the cue I have so get very badly warped ?

I am having nightmares about it, lol, but maybe the heat is just making me crazy.

I can handle it, but just not sure how straight my cue will stay in my tube case.

Thanks for any thoughts about this, or any info about any past experiences (if you ever had to go without any air conditioning in an old house, in the middle of summer, with your cue inside the house).

I imagine if that ever happened to you, then you probably left your cue with family or friends, but the thing is, that I have neither here in Louisville, and nobody that I know that I would trust with my cue.

I prey that my cue has been able to handle the heat, and is still in the same condition that it was the last time I checked it out, and I really hope that it stays as straight as it is.

I know it is my own fault if it is badly warped now.

I do a lot of stupid things.

I should have left it with the owner of a pool hall that I, go to sometimes downtown, or maybe with a cue repair person.

Please tell me that I have no reason to worry.

Thanks

I think your problem is that you don't live in Colorado. Come move here and chill the **** out man.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
My cues (OB 121 and OB Break) live in my car pretty much year round. A closed car in a parking lot gets a lot hotter than your house.

No warping.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sometimes cues sit in a hot UPS or USPS truck for days as they are being shipped...they tend to be ok. Also depends on the quality of the cue.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Depends, did you have it screwed together and leaning against a wall?

Depends, did you have it screwed together and leaning against a wall?

No, it has just been in a very cheap tube case (leaning in the corner of a room). In the day time, it gets extremely hot in that place. Even at night, it is very hot. It is very humid here in KY.

Last edited:

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
I performed a Scientific Experiment once, involving Gus Szamboti and George Balabushka Pool Cues.

I randomly placed a couple dozen of them (the finest examples) around a sealed up house
in Las Vegas throughout the months of August and September. Dang if the heat didn't ruin
the shit out of every last one, as was Scientifically predicted.

Great question Justin. Keep'em coming.

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you take it to work and leave it there or bring it home when you come home after work when it's cooler out? You do work right?

I performed a Scientific Experiment once, involving Gus Szamboti and George Balabushka Pool Cues.

I randomly placed a couple dozen of them (the finest examples) around a sealed up house
in Las Vegas throughout the months of August and September. Dang if the heat didn't ruin

You are joking, right?

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Maybe you should get your cue it's own apartment with ac and a pool, 2 bed 2 bath and a bay window, 56" lcd TV and stop being a neglectful owner

Are you saying that the cues did not get warped, or what? I am confused. I assumed that you were joking, because who would do a test like that on such valuable cues?

Maybe you should get your cue it's own apartment with ac and a pool, 2 bed 2 bath and a bay window, 56" lcd TV and stop being a neglectful owner

I do not know if it is neglect. I just remember reading somewhere that wood will warp if the temp changes drastically . It went from being stored in a 70 degree room to I am guessing a 100 degree room (just a guess). No need to make fun of me. I am just worried about my cue.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This may come as a shock to you but many of us geezers grew up with the only available air conditioning to be found, was in a movie theater.

Pool was a lot more popular then too. Makes me wonder how Willie ever ran 526. Think of it, warped cues, slow cloth, cheap chalk, no gloves, crap leather tips, high deflection shafts...

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
In a house for a few days without A/C ? yeah, it was called my childhood ;) And yeah, my Burton Spain did just fine with it !!!

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member

I forgot to mention that the three Meucci Originals I left in the
super hot house for two weeks showed no evidence of damage.

Sadly, I could only use the Szam's & Bushka's for Tomato Stakes.