2016 World 9-Ball Championship

monsterdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Better to get the loss out of the way in group...

Neils Feijen lost in the group rounds last year while being defending champ.

Peach (former champ) vs Yapp tomorrow, I can't believe one of them has to go this early.

This is probably the only event in the world where a bunch of top caliber players can exit in the group rounds.

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neils Feijen lost in the group rounds last year while being defending champ.

Peach (former champ) vs Yapp tomorrow, I can't believe one of them has to go this early.

This is probably the only event in the world where a bunch of top caliber players can lose in the group rounds.

And yapp went deepnlast year. Figured he would do the same again this year

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wonder what the line was on oscar being the only american to get the W fpr usa... On second thought, im mexican so im saying he got the W for mexico. Thats 2 for red white amd green with bautista lol

monsterdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And yapp went deepnlast year. Figured he would do the same again this year

Yes Yapp is solid. I believe he's Singapore's top player now and eliminated Jeff Ignacio last year but succumbed to Wu in the last stages.

He's young (only 20 yrs old), world jr champ. You can tell he's really hungry to win a huge one, a few more years and experience on the pro circuit and he'd be deadly.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Some notable second-round match ups on the winner's side:

C. Jun Lin vs. Ignacio
Morra vs. L. Zhou
Alex P. vs. L. Chi Dung (who beat Yang)
Orcullo vs. Gallego
J. Shaw vs. Ekomonopoulos
Kiamco vs. Ortmann

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes Yapp is solid. I believe he's Singapore's top player now and eliminated Jeff Ignacio last year but succumbed to Wu in the last stages.

He's young (only 20 yrs old), world jr champ. You can tell he's really hungry to win a huge one, a few more years and experience on the pro circuit and he'd be deadly.

He wasnt on my radar until last year. Aside from the jr titles i mean. But yeah he played lights out last year. Im certainly a fan

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson Shaw vs Nikos should be a great match...

Wonder how much damage Jayson can do on the world stage

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Him playing with the euros in the gb9 tour is doing nothing but making him better. As opposed to the predator tour he dominates on a regular.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
In even sadder and shocking news for american pool fans....hunter lost..surprisingly lol all kidding aside but looks like oscar will be the only americam to get the W

Americans doing poorly this week? Wow, what a shocker, given that they've just played their last two events on bar tables at the US Open 10 ball ad US Open 8 ball events in Vegas. Could you ask for better preparation than that?

I have posted on a few occasions that the move in the direction of bar table events will further reduce the pedigree of Americans when they play in the most prestigious international events. Comically, we'll be using a lot of bar table events to determine who should compete for the US at the Mosconi in December.

American pool is seriously broken right now with no end in sight. That said, I admire any American that made the trip to Doha and wish them well.

Last edited:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Americans doing poorly this week? Wow, what a shocker, given that they've just played their last two events on bar tables at the US Open 10 ball ad US Open 8 ball events in Vegas. Could you ask for better preparation than that?

I have posted on a few occasions that the move in the direction of bar table events will further reduce the pedigree of Americans when they play in the most prestigious international events. Comically, we'll be using a lot of bar table events to determine who should compete for the US at the Mosconi in December.

American pool is seriously broken right now with no end in sight. That said, I admire any American that made the trip to Doha and wish them well.

it's a conspiracy to make us the laughing stock of the pool world with regards to tourney play

Daryle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I saw a statement from Darren Appleton that he thought it was not in his best interest to go from a BB to a 9 footer. Will be interesting to see how he goes compared to Shane, considering how well Shane played on the BB's.