2016 Mosconi Cup Contest (Pick the Winner)

Who Will Win 2016 Mosconi Cup

• USA

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • Europe

Votes: 43 57.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok folks, here we go!

This year the two teams are

USA - SVB, Dechaine, Woodward, Bergman, and Morris
Europe - Daz, Albin, Niels, Gray, and Shaw

It's going to be an overall race to 11 this year. Although I'm not sure on the length of the individual races, but likely will be to 5 or 6.

All you need to do is pick the winning team and the final score. For a tiebreaker, pick who you think will make the winning 9 ball. So the format of your post might look like this

USA
11-10
Bergman

If multiple people are still tied at that point, I will draw a name.

The winner of this contest will receive Max Eberle's Powerful Pool.

*One entry per user.
*Shipping included if you live in the continental US, or if it's less than $20 outside.
*Last date/time for entry is 12-5-16 9pm EST

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
When was it announced that the match is to 12 this year? That seems most unusual. Can you provide a link to the Matchroom announcement?

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
Would really love to see the US take it down, but I'm going with the odds here. Please prove me wrong.

11-9
Albin

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the US get so to 7 it will be a good showing for them.

Matches to 11, I'd say Europe 11-8 unless they take out the jump cue form the rules, then US can win. Albin for final 9, just because everyone else said someone else LOL

Europe
11-8
Albin

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Individual matches should be race to 5 since been race to 5 for past 2 years. Time constraint

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Europe 11-9 MVP Jayson Shaw

I'll be rooting for Team USA, but ......

Those of us who follow the Joss Tour, and, for that matter, most other American fans, know that Connecticut based Jayson Shaw has been a Mosconi Cup caliber player for a few years now, but has been overlooked as a wild card pick.

Disconsolate about his exclusion from Mosconi Cup play, he took matters into his own hands this year. Nobody has ever worked harder to earn a Mosconi spot than Jayson Shaw, whose 2016 campaign often included crossing the Atlantic to play the Eurotour or first tier WPA events.

I think that, because of this, Jayson may be more motivated than any of the other nine Mosconi Cup participants. After he backs up his inclusion on Team Europe with a few Mosconi wins, I suspect he'll be reckoned a Team Europe participant for many years to come.

I'm guessing he'll be the difference in a very competitive Mosconi Cup. We shall see very soon.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Those of us who follow the Joss Tour, and, for that matter, most other American fans, know that Connecticut based Jayson Shaw has been a Mosconi Cup caliber player for a few years now, but has been overlooked as a wild card pick.

Disconsolate about his exclusion from Mosconi Cup play, he took matters into his own hands this year. Nobody has ever worked harder to earn a Mosconi spot than Jayson Shaw, whose 2016 campaign often included crossing the Atlantic to play the Eurotour or first tier WPA events.

I think that, because of this, Jayson may be more motivated than any of the other nine Mosconi Cup participants. After he backs up his inclusion on Team Europe with a few Mosconi wins, I suspect he'll be reckoned a Team Europe participant for many years to come.

I'm guessing he'll be the difference in a very competitive Mosconi Cup. We shall see very soon.

Just to clarify.

Shaw makes the final 9 or just MVP?

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm rooting for Team U.S.A as well, but I don't see them beating Team Europe.

Team U.S.A is better prepared than ever, but that will only help a bit against the firepower
that is Team Europe. Europe wins 11 to 6 with Albin making final ball.

*Now watch, after Europe wins, people on here are going to cry, "Hey, Shaw should be on Team U.S.A. since he plays out here."

Last edited: