John Barton Cases; I cannot design a case!

DMM4342

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
18 JANUARY 2017
I should have posted this weeks ago. I am very embarrassed for posting the Thread Title. I can not “undo” it. A user cannot edit or delete a Thread Title. The best I can do is to apologize to Mr. Barton and to the AZBilliards members.

At first use, I was unable to “Build a Case” due to my own computer ineptness. The fact is, one can “Build a Case” using the software on the JB Cases website. The software does have some glitches, but a phone call (1-405-455-6605) or email (sales@jbcases.com*)

to JB Cases will smooth the process. It’s what I did when I designed my case.
Dave

I am curious!

Has anyone been able to design a cue case on John Barton's web site?

I have tried more the once to design a case using the online program.
But I ran into problems and to name a few:
1. The window of options covers up the case! So when I engage the "rotate the case" button, I only see about four inches of the case.

2. Directions tell me to chose a handle, etc, yet when I make that choice, I am told that I cannot do so.
3. The colors do not match; and there are three colors (seen at the same time with the sam name) and not one matches any other! This is not a case of one person pointing to a color and saying "this is blue", it's a case of a person pointing to three different colors and telling me they are all the same.

I have been working with computers since 1999 and have seen my share of "start-up" websites, and Mr. Barton's seems to follow a lot of sites that when new need to have some bugs wrung out of them.
Any comments?
Dave

Last edited:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am curious!

Has anyone been able to design a cue case on John Barton's web site?

I have tried more the once to design a case using the online program.
But I ran into problems and to name a few:
1. The window of options covers up the case! So when I engage the "rotate the case" button, I only see about four inches of the case.

2. Directions tell me to chose a handle, etc, yet when I make that choice, I am told that I cannot do so.
3. The colors do not match; and there are three colors (seen at the same time with the sam name) and not one matches any other! This is not a case of one person pointing to a color and saying "this is blue", it's a case of a person pointing to three different colors and telling me they are all the same.

I have been working with computers since 1999 and have seen my share of "start-up" websites, and Mr. Barton's seems to follow a lot of sites that when new need to have some bugs wrung out of them.
Any comments?
Dave
I could not either. I've tried several times !!!

DMM4342

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did find that my small laptop was not wide enough for the website's window, so the images were doubled up like a double exposure negative. (That's OLD SCHOOL film). I shrunk my windows and the issue cleared. So part of the problem was me.
The colors are not the same. My browser is SAFARI 9.1.3., and I don't think that is the problem with the color.
Dave

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I have not noticed the color difference you are seeing. I am using Firefox.

Maybe the site is driven by flash or java. Browsers can react differently to those packages.

I did find that my small laptop was not wide enough for the website's window, so the images were doubled up like a double exposure negative. (That's OLD SCHOOL film). I shrunk my windows and the issue cleared. So part of the problem was me.
The colors are not the same. My browser is SAFARI 9.1.3., and I don't think that is the problem with the color.
Dave

DMM4342

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not noticed the color difference you are seeing. I am using Firefox.

Maybe the site is driven by flash or java. Browsers can react differently to those packages.
Thanks, Tony
The difference is very subtle. It's probably more of a difference in tone than color.
Three different grades of shininess and dullness. That is my only way of describing it.
I did manage to "make a case" or at least some of it.
I will try my FireFox browser.
Dave

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Well be advised I had PRK done about 3 weeks ago, and I ain't seeing so good.

:)

Thanks, Tony
The difference is very subtle. It's probably more of a difference in tone than color.
Three different grades of shininess and dullness. That is my only way of describing it.
I did manage to "make a case" or at least some of it.
I will try my FireFox browser.
Dave

DMM4342

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just used FireFox and the results are the same.
Hold your cursor over a color and wait for the one or two seconds for the color to appear magnified. In some cases the colors are so far off as to be laughable.

And the color offered as Burn [sic] Orange? It's the first time I have heard of that color. Burnt Orange color is a know color and has been since I first heard of it in the 1950s.

The website needs some work. John Barton is a very talented man who has made many innovations. He's got a handle on what pool players need to protect their cues. But he is not being well served by his website.

Dave

Kryconn2

Registered
This is Matthew at JB cases.

I apologize for all the issue that you guys are having with the website. Feel free to message me what you are wanting to do with your cases and I can do the designs for you.

Below is a link to my Facebook. Also feel free to PM me and Ill get you my contact info if needed.

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.alston.31

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is Matthew at JB cases.

I apologize for all the issue that you guys are having with the website. Feel free to message me what you are wanting to do with your cases and I can do the designs for you.

Below is a link to my Facebook. Also feel free to PM me and Ill get you my contact info if needed.

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.alston.31

Guys & Gals,

This guy will make sure that you're very well taken care of.

Matt,

You're on the job as usual, thanks.

Keith

DMM4342

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matthew,
Sir,
I hate to see such a great product as John Barton's cases being ill served.
Granted, some of my earlier problems with his website were mine. But that site does have some problems. Matthew, people speak well of you, so it seems as though Mr Barton has faithful and capable employee.

Best regards,
Dave

MikeF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matthew,
Sir,
I hate to see such a great product as John Barton's cases being ill served.
Granted, some of my earlier problems with his website were mine. But that site does have some problems. Matthew, people speak well of you, so it seems as though Mr Barton has faithful and capable employee.

Best regards,
Dave

x2 for Mathew!

DMM4342

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sent Matthew a Private Message telling him that I would be waiting for Mr. Barton to introduce the “REMOVABLE INSERTS” to the RUGGED style of cases. These inserts are available on the leather cases.
Look for Mr. Barton’s You Tube video; Weekly Showcase 4-7-2016; Minute 12:28, where the inserts are discussed.
Thanks to all who helped,
Dave
EDIT: Same day
Here is the video;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NofoDvyDzUs&t=977s

Last edited:

DMM4342

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a screen shot of the Neon Green as seen when making a "Custom" cue case from JB Cases.
Is this what others seen when they use the Custom Case making window on JB Cases, or is it my computer which does nor render the color correctly?
Dave
Neon Green?.png

DMM4342

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After playing around with the “Design Your Own” (case) on John Barton’s website I was able to design one far enough that an email to JB Cases and a telephone call from Matt Alston (John’s reliable problem solver) enabled me to order a semi-custom case on DEC 28th.

Ten days later, (Friday, Jan 6) I was informed by Matt via email (with photos of the case) that it was in the US and would be sent to me.
It looks beautiful! Thanks for the case and photos.

So, I advise anyone who wants a cue case from JB Cases, get on the their web pages, open up the “Design Your Own” (case)

HERE https://jbcases.com/

or call the JB Cases office at the JB Cases office; 1-405-455-6605.
My thanks to Matt and every one at JB Cases who made it possible for me to have a semi-custom case.
Dave

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I just used FireFox and the results are the same.
Hold your cursor over a color and wait for the one or two seconds for the color to appear magnified. In some cases the colors are so far off as to be laughable.

And the color offered as Burn [sic] Orange? It's the first time I have heard of that color. Burnt Orange color is a know color and has been since I first heard of it in the 1950s.

The website needs some work. John Barton is a very talented man who has made many innovations. He's got a handle on what pool players need to protect their cues. But he is not being well served by his website.

Dave

It's because I only had $20,000 to spend on it. One of the reasons I didn't try to make this Design website previously was cost. Now I am 20k in and looking at another 30-50k to make it really work right.

That said we have over 2000 designs that have been done using the site with hundreds of them having been made into cases.

I will get off my ass and do the video tutorials I should have done long ago showing people how to use it.

In the mean time if you have a small screen try ctrl- to make the screen smaller and that will allow the design to be on the left and the choices to be on the right.

For phones if the choices are covering the design then make a choice and it should flip back to the design. If not you can usually tap on the lower part of the screen and it will then show the design.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Here is a screen shot of the Neon Green as seen when making a "Custom" cue case from JB Cases.
Is this what others seen when they use the Custom Case making window on JB Cases, or is it my computer which does nor render the color correctly?
Dave
View attachment 443795

Color rendering is the single biggest issue we face with this. Matt and I both have macbooks with retina displays. Both of our computers have the same color profile. Both render the colors differently. Mine renders them more in line with what they are in real life, his does not. Both of my macbooks render the colors that way. When I set the hex codes for the colors I did them on my machines. But no matter what they render differently on Matt's.

And they render differently on my phone, and on the tvs we use as monitors and on the monitors.... being on the phone with someone and trying to discuss color sometimes takes hours - sending them a picture that looks perfectly perfect on my phone comes out too dark, too light, too whatever on theirs.

I don't know how to solve it. I have looked and looked and find no solution that is capable of rendering any color or image the same way across all screens. I need not have looked because it's quite obvious that simple fact of screen brightness alone renders this impossible not to mention the 1000 other factors.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 5.22.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 5.22.56 AM.png
    118 KB · Views: 278