For SUGARTREE CUE users, post ur review

Do you recommend SUGARTREE Cues for everyone?

• Total voters

RCLane

Cue Buyer Of What I Like
Silver Member
Yeah ...im planning to buy 1 but is it worth and everything feel the same?
You wont be disappointed, or at least i wouldn't think you be, its got usually the highest grades of wood used plenty of exotics an other very highly figured woods and when you start playing these Cues you shouldn't be disappointed either, i own two one is purple heart that has a pretty awesome hit an the fancier cue ive got is just great im a soon to be owner of 4 Sugar Tree's so i will give full report on them all.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

CueMaster77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You wont be disappointed, or at least i wouldn't think you be, its got usually the highest grades of wood used plenty of exotics an other very highly figured woods and when you start playing these Cues you shouldn't be disappointed either, i own two one is purple heart that has a pretty awesome hit an the fancier cue ive got is just great im a soon to be owner of 4 Sugar Tree's so i will give full report on them all.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

sorry for me, the one posted is already sold. huhuhu Im looking for some old plain jane for around 700-800USD shipped to my place UAE.

RCLane

Cue Buyer Of What I Like
Silver Member
sorry for me, the one posted is already sold. huhuhu Im looking for some old plain jane for around 700-800USD shipped to my place UAE.
Well, You're not going to save money on Shipping living in the United Arab Emirates......That's gonna cost a Boat Load.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

RCLane

Cue Buyer Of What I Like
Silver Member
Well at One-Time I had four Sugar Tree Cues, However after some Trading and one being SOLD, I'm Down to just one Sugar Tree Cue left.

Don't believe the Nay Sayers an their Hype, To whom ever buys one.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
what ive heard is they have different hit..depends on the wood. how i wish to try 2 cues

I've had several Sugartree's and the hit is more consistent than most cues.
I give the edge to his full splice cues, but the shaft taper is still the same, and full splice or not, they all feel similar

CueMaster77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had several Sugartree's and the hit is more consistent than most cues.
I give the edge to his full splice cues, but the shaft taper is still the same, and full splice or not, they all feel similar

this is great info.. i wish i can try too

rcgray

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sugartree

I agree with cuesblues the playability & balance are fantastic. I've hit with 2 different ST & they both played very similar. If ur on the fence about one you won't be disappointed. The one you said you saw for 750$ sounds like a nice deal!!

RailBird's

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Inconsistent

Have had three of them.

One was an older sneaky and it played fantastic, nice firm, crisp hit like a Tascarella.

The second one (newer micro ring model) was so stiff, no one could draw a ball with it, everyone hated it. Even had a couple short stops play with it and they couldn't use it either. Very strange. Same cue came up for sale over and over again on here

The third was very plain but gorgeous to look at, it played kind of in between the other two but still pretty stiff. Just felt dead to me.

All of them were easy to resale and were good looking cues.

CueMaster77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have had three of them.

One was an older sneaky and it played fantastic, nice firm, crisp hit like a Tascarella.

The second one (newer micro ring model) was so stiff, no one could draw a ball with it, everyone hated it. Even had a couple short stops play with it and they couldn't use it either. Very strange. Same cue came up for sale over and over again on here

The third was very plain but gorgeous to look at, it played kind of in between the other two but still pretty stiff. Just felt dead to me.

All of them were easy to resale and were good looking cues.

ive heard this as well

CueMaster77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everything about Sugartree is positive, they live up to what some say is hype, and you can't go wrong..
The playability is superb, I love the Sugartree shaft taper, the quality of the wood,
wood selection, is excellent, nice designs, and terrific workmanship.
IMO they are worth the extra $$$.

The resale on the older Sugartrees is different than the newer cues with micro rings.
At some point the shaft taper changed, but they all play good.

only one sugartree I tried and now im keeping this, i hope this will be my forever playing cue or else i will buy a higher orice range of ST.

Salt Cedar Burl (Tamarix) Forearm and Sleeve
Malaysian Blackwood Handle
Cue completed in 2013
Microrings

Attachments

• 20170312_204709.jpg
    20170312_204709.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 788
Last edited:

CueMaster77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with cuesblues the playability & balance are fantastic. I've hit with 2 different ST & they both played very similar. If ur on the fence about one you won't be disappointed. The one you said you saw for 750$ sounds like a nice deal!!

yeah......

CueMaster77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe Eric personally lumbered the woods in my cue, he mentioned it in one thread here and its almost the same year when my cue made.

Attachments

• tamarisk002.jpg
    tamarisk002.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 664
  • tamarisk2004.jpg
    tamarisk2004.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 658
  • 20170501_150821.jpg
    20170501_150821.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 662

CueMaster77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Redwood burl 8, very fine points,
Beautifully crafted woods. very well made. Nice firm hit and plays as well as any cue I have ever owned.
You can't go wrong if you get one for yourself.

i saw in ur signature that Jim Pierce is ur backup cue. How do u describe Pierce cue?