Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
17264732_924286257713795_6020979642472798550_n.jpg
________

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a millenial (born 1994) and I've only driven manual gearbox cars. Plus, all of my friends drive manual. I don't know about the rest of Europe, but where I live nobody gets a licence only for auto cars...
Honestly, I've only heard of this joke making fun of Americans x) No offence...

There is a reason these things exist.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I'm a millenial (born 1994) and I've only driven manual gearbox cars. Plus, all of my friends drive manual. I don't know about the rest of Europe, but where I live nobody gets a licence only for auto cars...

Congratulations on your manual shift driving prowess ;). Don't get your panties in a bunch ... it was posted for a chuckle!

DCS_SF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

One of the best things my parents did was force me to learn to drive manual right from the start. They only had manual cars and I had to take my test on it. I failed my first time, and hated that they didn't have an automatic. I love that they did that now, and try and only get cars with a manual transmission. It is getting harder and harder though.

Although I am not a millennial.

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm pretty sure AZ is building a safe space forum room where you all can get away from all this hate speech and talk about sugar plums and the best coloring books :lovies::lovies::lovies::lovies::lovies::lovies:

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure AZ is building a safe space forum room where you all can get away from all this hate speech and talk about sugar plums and the best coloring books :lovies::lovies::lovies::lovies::lovies::lovies:

.... pff.. never mind...
I wrote a responce at first, but I don't think it's worth it.
Believe what you want sir... If you can't understand what you're reading, believe what you want...

Last edited:

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
.... pff.. never mind...
I wrote a responce at first, but I don't think it's worth it.
Believe what you want sir... If you can't understand what you're reading, believe what you want...

Again, my friend, I think you're missing the whole point of this thread. It's not a forum to be pedantic about which culture (American or European) favors manual shift. Rather it's an intermission in our daily lives for a smirk, chuckle or a guffaw. I repeat, don't get your panties in a bunch but go with the flow. Two more American expressions that you can analyze and critique. ;)

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again, my friend, I think you're missing the whole point of this thread. It's not a forum to be pedantic about which culture (American or European) favors manual shift. Rather it's an intermission in our daily lives for a smirk, chuckle or a guffaw. I repeat, don't get your panties in a bunch but go with the flow. Two more American expressions that you can analyze and critique. ;)

Sir, please.... not you too...
As you can see in my original response, I called it a "joke"... I know what a joke is. I didn't get offended with it, it was just interesting to me that there are variations to the same joke in different regions to fit the different cultures. I never said that I was offended. To be blunt, I really don't care what a bunch of people across the ocean think of me, why would I get offended? (That's what I ment by "believe what you want". If you think I got offended while clearly calling it "a joke", believe what you want, I dont care.)

Last edited:

Highmiles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sir, please.... not you too...
As you can see in my original response, I called it a "joke"... I know what a joke is. I didn't get offended with it, it was just interesting to me that there are variations to the same joke in different regions to fit the different cultures. I never said that I was offended. To be blunt, I really don't care what a bunch of people across the ocean think of me, why would I get offended? (That's what I ment by "believe what you want". If you think I got offended while clearly calling it "a joke", believe what you want, I dont care.)

If true, then let it go.