Mosconi - Best Video?

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
It's not mine; it's been on YouTube for quite a while by D. Walsh, thank you.

Painfully few videos of Mosconi are available.

But, I think it might be the best one, if you're willing to watch. Some is painful; he miscues, misses a few shots, but then goes on to show the audience what straight pool is all about.

And, for the sharp-eyed, the Rambow cue he is playing, is the one he shot 526 with.

Just thought you might want to reminisce, rather than banter about tips, rail length, APA problems, and of course, chalk.

All the best,
WW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ur8yIFhBy8

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not mine; it's been on YouTube for quite a while by D. Walsh, thank you.

Painfully few videos of Mosconi are available.

But, I think it might be the best one, if you're willing to watch. Some is painful; he miscues, misses a few shots, but then goes on to show the audience what straight pool is all about.

And, for the sharp-eyed, the Rambow cue he is playing, is the one he shot 526 with.

Just thought you might want to reminisce, rather than banter about tips, rail length, APA problems, and of course, chalk.

All the best,
WW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ur8yIFhBy8

How certain are you about the cue? It certainly looks like a Rambow but... My sharp eye detected inlays in the butt sleeve that look like diamonds.
I am aware he received many cues as gifts.

Dale(cue detective 2nd class)

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a similar video of Willie entertaining a group of us at Loree Jon’s Hillsborough, NJ pool room in June, 1992. He didn’t do much shooting that day, but set up many of the shots from this video for Loree Jon and Sammy Jones to execute. He still had a great stroke, could set up all of his best known shots, and demonstrated an incredible knowledge of how to handle small clusters of balls. The video you linked is definitely better. Mine has more personal sentiment. It was a memorable afternoon.