Mosconi 2017 - Updates

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This I agree with. I want to like this kid and enjoy watching him play, but it's hard. He plays very well but acts terrible. I don't watch Earl for the same reasons.

He is a bit over-excited and at first I thought it was a bit out on...now I’m starting to think that’s he’s just young and genuinely pumped up!

It’s easy to say one of the Europeans should ask him to clam down...but given the way he’s playing would you (sorry that’s not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general question)?

DCS_SF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SEems we need to go full out Veteran tested next time, bring back Earl to counter Killer, I'll buy tix and fly to England for that one ;)

As much as I want to see Earl back on the team, I am not sure he can stand up tot the pressure anymore.

He barely beat Ronnie on his home table on that show American Hussle.

prad

Flip the coin
Silver Member
The pressure of "playing for the team" and trying to break this 7 year winning streak for Europe is the only explanation I can come up with as to why all of our players have so under-performed below their potential in this event. It just seems to get worse every year!

SVB looks like he has already lost the match.. I would hate to be in his shoes. Too much weight to carry ...

dkleather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pressure of "playing for the team" and trying to break this 7 year winning streak for Europe is the only explanation I can come up with as to why all of our players have so under-performed below their potential in this event. It just seems to get worse every year!

I think the time has come to accept the fact that under the format, they ARE playing to their potential.

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is a bit over-excited and at first I thought it was a bit out on...now I’m starting to think that’s he’s just young and genuinely pumped up!

It’s easy to say one of the Europeans should ask him to clam down...but given the way he’s playing would you (sorry that’s not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general question)?

its quite the oposite, i could be wrong but i think chamat said to jayson and filler "just be yourselfs" during their doubles....
i also think kid is just pumped up a bit too much....

edit: game over.......a shame team US cant even pull out a fight anymore.......

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I hate to say this but this is the worst team assembled in years! They lack the gambling killer instinct! I believe a team of Bergman, Danny Smith, Josh Roberts, Jeremy Jones, & Justin Hall would torch both squads on the mosconi cup today!!! Oddly, none of these guys are selected and watching from home! Lol

Just sad!!!

KD

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate to say this but this is the worst team assembled in years! They lack the gambling killer instinct! I believe a team of Bergman, Danny Smith, Josh Roberts, Jeremy Jones, & Justin Hall would torch both squads on the mosconi cup today!!! Oddly, none of these guys are selected and watching from home! Lol

Just sad!!!

KD

sry, but it wouldnt make a difference.......team USA is outclassed and buried deep by our "b-team"

dkleather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just sad!!!

KD

How is the USA team selected? I just can't believe those are the five best players in America.

prad

Flip the coin
Silver Member
they had to earn points in tournaments so if you didn't play tournaments you couldn't be on the team.

Europe don't have their best 5 guys playing too.. Thorsten, Albin, Darren, Niels ..are missing

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member

Just sad!!!

KD

Gambling killer instinct? Hard to pull that out with Alternating Break races to 5.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Since this thread is going nowhere

I watched Fillers match with Hatch today(youtube) the Kid did absolutely nothing wrong the entire match, they both did fist pumps after they won a rack(almost everybody ever in MC does this) and he took like 3 seconds to high five a few teammates(I think, cause they were on his side of the table) and then went to Dennis - he was nowhere near outta line and Dennis had already walked off. He then went back to Dennis with Coach and Dennis still refused. This is all on Dennis.

Believe me, I kept looking the entire match to say HA there it is that little creep, but I never saw it and a bunch of you are severely overreacting to NOTHING.

Todays matches with him may be different, but I can't watch them till tomorrow.

These guys SHOULD be pumped up, huge stage and a big payday, especially for a 20 year old kid.

I guess they can't win - it's always Euro robots etc and now when one of them shows emotion, it's the end of the world.
You can't make this stuff up
Jason<-----shaking his head