Who's The Wrap Wizard?

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
I had a local cuemaker re-do the linen wrap on one of my Schon LTD's and it looks and feels terrible. It's fuzzy feeling, isn't even, and the color is hazy. I made the mistake of trying red/black which looks ghetto too but I'd like to have it redone with another color, who should I send it to?

Attachments

• IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 487

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like he used too much glue and didn`t really press and startch the linen.
I have no suggestions about who you could send it to, but if you tell us where you are located, I`m sure someone will be able to help you get your Schon back in perfect condition :)

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Closest to home is usually the best choice. Where are you. Some of the new linens are different to work with, different steps need to be taken to get better results.
On your cue, why black and red? It clashes, instead of compliments.

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
Looks like he used too much glue and didn`t really press and startch the linen.

That makes sense which is what's causing the white milky look.

Closest to home is usually the best choice. Where are you. Some of the new linens are different to work with, different steps need to be taken to get better results.
On your cue, why black and red? It clashes, instead of compliments.

Michael you're correct regarding the color and I hated it as soon as I saw it, LOL. I always use white with black speck and wanted to try something different.

I'm located in the suburbs of Chicago.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Btw. White and black has that classic old school look but on your cue, black and white would make the red veneer work stand out better. Jmo

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member

I did that same search and many of those local guys aren’t around anymore. Thats why I figured I’d ask if there was someone you guys would recommend. I spoke to Joel who was extremely nice and but only works on his and Burton’s stuff.

Btw. White and black has that classic old school look but on your cue, black and white would make the red veneer work stand out better. Jmo

I appreciate the advice as I’m a fan of your cues! What do you think about white with red speck or black with red speck? I don’t have that artistic eye I’m afraid.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did that same search and many of those local guys aren’t around anymore. Thats why I figured I’d ask if there was someone you guys would recommend. I spoke to Joel who was extremely nice and but only works on his and Burton’s stuff.

I appreciate the advice as I’m a fan of your cues! What do you think about white with red speck or black with red speck? I don’t have that artistic eye I’m afraid.

You have taste. Lots of red with more red is the debating factor. My concern for trying to stay local if you can is. It's winter. Metal rings and weather, always a thought on cues and Schons are no exception. Especially with thier epoxy finish. Food for thought.

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
You have taste. Lots of red with more red is the debating factor. My concern for trying to stay local if you can is. It's winter. Metal rings and weather, always a thought on cues and Schons are no exception. Especially with thier epoxy finish. Food for thought.

Interesting, as I didn't even think about the weather affecting the cue.

playonepocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get in touch with Bobby Hunter.

Call up to Red Shoes and find out when he is there; usually plays in their straight pool league.

Gil Castillo is another option, but I'm not fully aware of his quality of work.