?

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pick this up at Derby few years ago guy said it was made in Kentucky but he couldn't remember
his name.
5/16-18 pin it's a jump break cue but it plays great.
Really can't remember much more I usually don't drink but I had had a couple that day with friends. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 614
  • IMG_0443.jpg
    IMG_0443.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 626

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Looks too generic.
Shaft is on the low-end side.

Last edited:

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks too generic.
Shaft is on the low-end side.

Dam didn't ur mommy tell u if u don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at
all. Plus I dout it's to generic the points are pretty much all straight that's more than I can say for
a lot of cue markers.
Hell some markers can't even do points they just chop house cues in half and put a butt on the end
LOL.
Also I just got home and I got the pin wrong, not sure what it is. And another thing this cue breaks great
has great balance all around is a great playing cue for a jump break I can't believe it that's y I hung on 2 it.

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chad has a facebook page and at least USED to live in Owensboro, KY. I mean it's a definitely a bar cue conversion with nice, even points. Chad used a lot of different joint pins over the years and some closeup's of the pin would be helpful. A LOT of his 5/16-18 and 5/16-18 pins had a hole drilled in the center.

I mean, it's a nice little cue. If you can find some nice, old bar cues with actual real wood, they make for hella good hitters. I work with a pool table moving and installation service and get a TON of old 60's and 70's bar cues.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Dam didn't ur mommy tell u if u don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at
all. Plus I dout it's to generic the points are pretty much all straight that's more than I can say for
a lot of cue markers.
Hell some markers can't even do points they just chop house cues in half and put a butt on the end
LOL.
Also I just got home and I got the pin wrong, not sure what it is. And another thing this cue breaks great
has great balance all around is a great playing cue for a jump break I can't believe it that's y I hung on 2 it.

Dude, that's a house cue that got chopped in half

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ideologist is right....indeed it is. You can put a dress on a pig but it's still a pig. Doesn't mean it hits bad or looks bad by any means. Hell, how is a Scruggs sneaky any different really and what do they manage to sell for? Many cue makers won't even make sneakies or jump/break sneakies any more. You just can't really trust the butts to stay straight and tough cheap enough to build, there's not much real profit in the time investment.

I would get a picture of the weight bolt if there is one and the joint pin and reach out to Chad.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ideologist is right....indeed it is. You can put a dress on a pig but it's still a pig. Doesn't mean it hits bad or looks bad by any means. Hell, how is a Scruggs sneaky any different really and what do they manage to sell for? Many cue makers won't even make sneakies or jump/break sneakies any more. You just can't really trust the butts to stay straight and tough cheap enough to build, there's not much real profit in the time investment.

I would get a picture of the weight bolt if there is one and the joint pin and reach out to Chad.

I don't have Facebook so I would have to have his email.

When I first got it a few years ago I thought it was a 5/16-18 but while I was on a few day get away I decided to post
Pictures just to see if anyone recognized it but since I'm back home and have look closer I'm not sure. I posted it in Main
Forum with better pictures.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I not so sure it was a house cue the points has some super nice Cocobolo in them I have never seen
a house cue if that good of wood. As matter fact I'm almost sure it wasn't a house cue.

I know the pictures aren't the best so it's hard to tell.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
It's a cut down 4-point Valley house cue.
Look at the bottom of the points. The points, handle and butt sleeve are one piece.
Does not look like cocobolo to me either .
You think house cues did not have good looking woods?

You never saw Dufferin house cues.
Some had wild rosewood and ebony.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a lot of cue markers.
LOL.

Meaning if you don't like the answer it's wrong? I agree that shaft wood is pretty bad.

Hey, I got this cue for $1,000 is is good? Nope, it's a cheap WalMart cue. Whaaaa don't tell me that, you are bad man, mean mean man. Someone else please tell me it's worth $1,100.

Pretty much sounds like that. You asked about the cue, you got a reply.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Looks like a house cue conversion to me, and I think it is a 5/16x18 pin. Big deal if it is a cue down house cue, no real reason to get upset by that.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a house cue conversion to me, and I think it is a 5/16x18 pin. Big deal if it is a cue down house cue, no real reason to get upset by that.

I'm not.up set he's just been a smart ass more than once over the years and I don't care for him.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a cut down 4-point Valley house cue.
Look at the bottom of the points. The points, handle and butt sleeve are one piece.
Does not look like cocobolo to me either .
You think house cues did not have good looking woods?

You never saw Dufferin house cues.
Some had wild rosewood and ebony.

Yes I have I sold my Mike Bender that was a ebony Dufferin,
Now for the cue at hand I'll take pictures of the points today and show u

So do u want to put some money where ur mouth is on the points being from a valley cue.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meaning if you don't like the answer it's wrong? I agree that shaft wood is pretty bad.

Hey, I got this cue for $1,000 is is good? Nope, it's a cheap WalMart cue. Whaaaa don't tell me that, you are bad man, mean mean man. Someone else please tell me it's worth $1,100.

Pretty much sounds like that. You asked about the cue, you got a reply.

I only got a 100 bucks in it and it plays great no where near a 1000 and no I'm not mad or up set but I don't
go around being a dick in other people's threads and I don't want them in mine is that to much to ask.

I got some really nice cues and I'm not really worried about this one just curious.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Yes I have I sold my Mike Bender that was a ebony Dufferin,
Now for the cue at hand I'll take pictures of the points today and show u

So do u want to put some money where ur mouth is on the points being from a valley cue.

It's a cut down house cue. You should be happy if it were a Valley.
Not an import.

See the base of the points ? It was a full-splice one time.
You think the maker made a full-splice just to make a generic jump break cue ?
Sorry, it is generic. Do you see any signature ? Do you see any ring work ?
Back in the 90's, cut down house cue converted to jump breaks were common.
Hell, they were selling for less than $200. Brown phenolic was pretty common then.
Then they became tan.

We can bet on it if you want.
Post it at the Ask the Cuemaker section .
We'll poll 10 established makers .
See who gets more votes.
Cut down house or not .
You might get goosegged .
How about $100? We can escrow the $100 to Cubswin on Paypal.
Or to any moderator here with $20 going to the mod after the decision.

And you posted the pics and NOBODY wanted to guess.
NOBODY could tell what it is.
WHY ? B/c it's too generic of a cut down house cue jump break.
And you think that's being an ahole telling you that ?
You also think COUNTING the threads of the screw in one inch as a smart aleck advice ?

What kind of answer would you like to hear ?
That it's a full-splice Burton Spain made by Balabushka ?

Attachments

• IMG_0443.jpg
    IMG_0443.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 139

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Does that look familiar ?
We can raise the bet if you want.

Attachments

• DSC00790.jpg
    DSC00790.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 139

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does that look familiar ?
We can raise the bet if you want.

Could definitely be a Dufferin. The wood honestly looks like Morado which would make sense. Joey is correct in that it's 99.9% a house cue conversion. The full splice is flat-bottomed where the points meet the maple and honestly, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably not a velociraptor.

I truly believe it's 5/16-18" for the joints and is probably an early to mid-90's cue. The brown phenolic is really dark and the weave is pretty tight compared to the stuff we usually get now. I'm lucky to have an actual plastics distributor here.

The point is, you have $100 in it and it was probably a good buy just in and of itself. Plus you love the way it plays and haven't ever asked for a "value" (which is usually what causes arguments here.)

Wood is sometimes hard to really determine in pictures. For example, here is a 6 point coco I built late last year. The black streaks in it are somewhat different from what I see in your cue:
picture.php

This is Morado from a Dufferin House Cue conversion I did:
picture.php

This is a Rosewood sneaky I did from a fairly early Brunswick Tru-Balance. I put it in here because the rings you see at the bottom are modern rosewood and purpleheart. Notice the difference in the color and depth of the rosewood.
picture.php

Lastly here is new brown phenolic vs what you have. Notice the grain on the new stuff is fairly loose and lighter in color.
picture.php

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Could definitely be a Dufferin. The wood honestly looks like Morado which would make sense. Joey is correct in that it's 99.9% a house cue conversion. The full splice is flat-bottomed where the points meet the maple and honestly, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably not a velociraptor.

I truly believe it's 5/16-18" for the joints and is probably an early to mid-90's cue. The brown phenolic is really dark and the weave is pretty tight compared to the stuff we usually get now. I'm lucky to have an actual plastics distributor here.

The point is, you have $100 in it and it was probably a good buy just in and of itself. Plus you love the way it plays and haven't ever asked for a "value" (which is usually what causes arguments here.)

Wood is sometimes hard to really determine in pictures. For example, here is a 6 point coco I built late last year. The black streaks in it are somewhat different from what I see in your cue:
picture.php

This is Morado from a Dufferin House Cue conversion I did:
picture.php

This is a Rosewood sneaky I did from a fairly early Brunswick Tru-Balance. I put it in here because the rings you see at the bottom are modern rosewood and purpleheart. Notice the difference in the color and depth of the rosewood.

Lastly here is new brown phenolic vs what you have. Notice the grain on the new stuff is fairly loose and lighter in color.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/picture.php?albumid=2221&pictureid=18151
Could be a Dufferin.
But, he says he's sure it's not a cut down house cue.

Might be a Craig Petersen. :eek: