9 Ball the movie vs. Virgin Pockets--Which one ya got?

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
back to the OP topic

I just looked these up. Couldn't even make it through the YouTube trailer for either! Just calling these bad would be an insult to bad movies. One looked like a 1998 film school project, and the other should have just said it was sponsored by the APA.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just looked these up. Couldn't even make it through the YouTube trailer for either! Just calling these bad would be an insult to bad movies. One looked like a 1998 film school project, and the other should have just said it was sponsored by the APA.

Get a couple of buddies, lots of booze, and laugh your way through both of them...only way to do it....

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok so I've SEE:

The Hustler
The Color Of Money
Stickmen
Baltimore Bullet
Pool Hall Junkies
Turn The River
9 Ball

As for The Hustler I'm sorry but neither Eddie or Fats were running 100s. If they really were the best they would have been running out sets from the first real opening.

The Color Of Money, Tom's big run the balls were moved over and over. Plus the lack of respect he showed equipment, geeesh.

Baltimore Bullet I can find no fault with because it was a comedy.

Pool Hall Junkies the BS about the money the little brother was making in the same room day after day, bad writing ($200 + per day). And the money in the pro your pre IPT (please don't hate that mention).

Stickmen it just sucked all around for pool. If it was ping pong it would have been better.

9 Ball An APA infomercial that lies about pro pool.

Turn the River should have been about poker.

What I'm saying is that even the best can be picked apart but the worst should be flushed...

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I absolutely FOOKING hate Star Wars.

The space ships dont accelerate through space correctly

Everyone knows Wookies are fluent in ALL languages in real life

Light sabers only really exist in a vacuum

Skywalker isnt really related to Darth Vader, he is Capt Kirks son.

They are goddamn movies people, sit back and enjoy them for what they are. :thumbup:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

They are goddamn movies people, sit back and enjoy them for what they are. :thumbup:

Accuracy aside, some of them are pretty bad movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member

Point taken...

( Still hate it )

:grin:

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly i enjoyed the hustler and appreciate how classic it is. The color of money was a good updated pool movie especially for the 80s but it’s way outdated.

Idk why people don’t like poolhall junkys. I mean it may not have been a blockbuster or a classic movie but it’s easily watchable and entertaining. Plus I think Chaz P. N Christopher Walken are like the coolest guys over 50 in the world lol. But besides those 3 I’ve been disappointed with basically every other pool movie.

One that doesn’t get much attention is called Shooting Gallery and surprisingly so considering there’s some decent actors in it like ving rhames n Freddie prince jr who at the time was a pretty high profile actor. Unfortunately it’s nothing special and doesn’t do the pool world any favors but if ur a huge pool fan and haven’t seen it I’d recommend watching it at least once especially if ur like me n have seen the hustler n tcom millions of times n wanna switch it up

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Busts the room???? He won like $150 - enough for one shoe. I hardly call that busting the room.

Maybe you should re-watch it, seems you might be confused lol
Jason

Hell yea! Them Jordan's cost man
Seriously, best scene is forrest Whittaker hustling

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
You're all missing the disturbing flop, Chalk.
Do not recommend. Just adding to the list. It's gross from what I remember.