Billy Incardona is Hall of Fame worthy

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Aren't you an East Coast guy, Tom? So perhaps you don't know either.

The fact of the matter is that the standard for "proof" in the pool world is not as it is in the legal world. Guys talk, stuff happens all over the country, in small and large pool rooms, before small number of witnesses. And whereas you can say "no way" all you want, that does not discount what other guys may have observed on other sides of the country.

When people talk about, say, Jack Cooney as the master of laying down the long con, how do you "prove" or disprove that? It is word of mouth and I don't think anyone nowadays argues that San Francisco Jack was the master of the long stall. Prove it? Impossible. Other than stories.

So all I'm saying is that if someone comes here with credible testimony, he should be heard out. So far OF seems credible to me, and I would hope that, without naming names that he feels would be problematic, he'll provide some level of detail to bolster his claims IF he wants to be taken seriously. If he doesn't, well then, then I guess we can throw it all in the rumor file. In any case, let's hear him out if he chooses to provide something to back up his initial accusations. But there is no way that you can automatically say there is zero credibility to what he says.

Lou Figueroa

Shame on you Lou! What credibility does this guy have? How about NONE and ZERO! He comes on here and talks shit about a guy I've known for over 50 years!! and you say he has credibility. What about me Lou? Do I have credibility? I call bullsh-t on this guy and you defend him. Shame on you!

In all the years I've known Billy, I never heard one rumor about him doing business, NOT ONE! Like Billy Stroud said. Billy Incardona is a stand up guy, more than I can say for the ones who are knocking him now. Bily has earned nothing but respect in the pool world from the get go and nothing you or some asshole could say will change that. Flame on Lou.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou, East coast? What does the east coast have to do with anything? You speak as though the east coast has been insulated from the underworld of pool or that I've lived in a vacuum and never been exposed to that side of the game. Absurd, assure you. As are most of us, I am well aware of what went on and goes on in pool rooms and have been a first hand witness to much of it. That is not the point and you know it.

Please, let's not add fuel to this unsavory crap. OF is certainly entitled to his opinion but what is to be gained by expressing it on a public forum where even you admitted, he who is being attacked cannot defend himself. Can we move on? Unfair!

Tom

East Coast means you weren't necessarily (more than unlikely) to know what was happening in Los Angeles, Texas, San Francisco, Detroit, Chicago, Johnston City, and many, many other locales, than guys that got around more. We're talking small rooms, matches in far off locales, and no internet or cell phones. You were exposed to that side of the game, sure. But are you saying you got around to the rest of the country back then and knew all that was going on?

I refuse to discount what OF said out of hand, as you have done. I would like to hear more. If he doesn't provide anything else, so be it. But I thought he spoke with a certain level of authority that I'm not willing to automatically disbelieve.

Lou Figueroa

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member
willful stupidity on your part will not change history. stay a mushroom if you want!

I just have one question for you, what is your name? People who make anonymous accusations about a great player / person don't hold much weight for me when they won't even let people know who is the one typing.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shame on you Lou! What credibility does this guy have? How about NONE and ZERO! He comes on here and talks shit about a guy I've known for over 50 years!! and you say he has credibility. What about me Lou? Do I have credibility? I call bullsh-t on this guy and you defend him. Shame on you!

In all the years I've known Billy, I never heard one rumor about him doing business, NOT ONE! Like Billy Stroud said. Billy Incardona is a stand up guy, more than I can say for the ones who are knocking him now. Bily has earned nothing but respect in the pool world from the get go and nothing you or some asshole could say will change that. Flame on Lou.

Shame on you, Jay. Whadda you gonna do? Send me more red rep, as you tend to do when you get your panties in a bunch, lol? How Glee!

OF has as much credibility as all the other big, swinging dicks around here that talk trash and attack folks left and right under the guise and protection of an alias, or even a real name, which frankly does not mean much anymore.

Flame on Jay :)

Lou Figueroa
didn't know Jay was
a Fantastic4 fan

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just have one question for you, what is your name? People who make anonymous accusations about a great player / person don't hold much weight for me when they won't even let people know who is the one typing.

Good grief. Real names?!

Think of the purge that would have to happen here. AZ would be down to Bob Jewett, Dr. Dave, and me, lol.

Lou Figueroa
yeah, I know
there are a few more

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shame on you, Jay. Whadda you gonna do? Send me more red rep, as you tend to do when you get your panties in a bunch, lol? How Glee!

OF has as much credibility as all the other big, swinging dicks around here that talk trash and attack folks left and right under the guise and protection of an alias, or even a real name, which frankly does not mean much anymore.

Flame on Jay :)

Lou Figueroa
didn't know Jay was
a Fantastic4 fan

You talk a lot of sh-t and you don't know crap! My name is Jay Helfert and if you ever have the balls to gamble with me I'm gonna bust your ass! How does that sound? You beat a case maker out of 10K and now you think your sh-t doesn't stink. How about trying a 73 year old man who only plays pool once a year? I'll even give you bus fare back home after I bust you!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You talk a lot of sh-t and you don't know crap! My name is Jay Helfert and if you ever have the balls to gamble with me I'm gonna bust your ass! How does that sound? You beat a case maker out of 10K and now you think your sh-t doesn't stink. How about trying a 73 year old man who only plays pool once a year? I'll even give you bus far back home after I bust you!

ha.

ha.

ha.

I knew that would finally come out. Seen it coming for months -- you are soooooooo predictable.

Right now I've got two torn meniscuses. (Check my posts, I've mentioned it for months.) Can't play, much less beat anybody.

I'm guessing you knew that... which makes you beating your chest even funnier.

Lou Figueroa
what does this
have to do with Billy I
and OF?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
ha.

ha.

ha.

I knew that would finally come out. Seen it coming for months -- you are soooooooo predictable.

Right now I've got two torn meniscuses. (Check my posts, I've mentioned it for months.) Can't play, much less beat anybody.

I'm guessing you knew that... which makes you beating your chest even funnier.

Lou Figueroa
what does this
have to do with Billy I
and OF?

I hope you get well soon and grow a pair!

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shows you what you know. I traveled across the Country playing in pool rooms, bars and dives, and I played everyone I encountered with few exceptions. When on the road, play the percentages and get the money.
Amazing! You give credibility to someone with no name and give none to the many people who have known Billy for over 50 years. We all know who they are. Your bias is evident.
You love to chum the waters. That's all you are good for.
Tom

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shows you what you know. I traveled across the Country playing in pool rooms, bars and dives, and I played everyone I encountered with few exceptions. When on the road, play the percentages and get the money.
Amazing! You give credibility to someone with no name and give none to the many people who have known Billy for over 50 years. We all know who they are. Your bias is evident.

Tom

So now, just like Jay, it's about me, lol.

You know, as much as I tried to keep up on what was going on in the pool world, I never heard of you in all the years I played pool, until AZ. I think the first time I heard mention of you was a post by JAM talking about "Tom Tom," but I could be wrong. Even when I played you up in Kalamazoo at the US One Pocket Open one year (you won our match), I had no idea who you were. But then I wasn't on the East Coast. And frankly I never heard anyone on the West Coast at The Palace, or Cochran's, or many of the other rooms around SF and LA, mentioned you. My bad, I guess.

I'm sure you got around. We all do ;-)

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
So now, just like Jay, it's about me, lol.

You know, as much as I tried to keep up on what was going on in the pool world, I never heard of you in all the years I played pool, until AZ. I think the first time I heard mention of you was a post by JAM talking about Tom Tom, but I could be wrong. Even when I played you up in Kalamazoo at the US One Pocket Open one year (you won), I had no idea who you were. But then I wasn't on the East Coast. And frankly I never heard anyone on the West Coast at The Palace, or Cochran's, or many of the other rooms around SF and LA, mentioned you. My bad, I guess.

I'm sure you got around. We all do ;-)

Lou Figueroa

Well at least now your friends with Old Fart.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see you omitted the best part of my post. lol

You edited after I quoted.

Rather than go back and quote your new, edited post I thought I'd spare you the ignominy of quoting the personal attack you made.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well at least now your friends with Old Fart.

I'm not friends with him. I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt rather than to believe a guy from a particular era was as pure as the driven snow.

Lou Figueroa
not born yesterday

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You edited after I quoted.

Rather than go back and quote your new, edited post I thought I'd spare you the ignominy of quoting the personal attack you made.

Lou Figueroa

You're too quick to respond. Poor baby. Did I bruise you? Not an attack, an observation. You have a history, Lou. Yours is documented.

Tom

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're too quick to respond. Poor baby. Did I bruise you? Not an attack, an observation. You have a history, Lou. Yours is documented.

Tom

No, I'm just home from a trip and am catching up on emails and stuff and have a window open on my computer screen for AZ. You give yourself far too much credit.

BTW, please note I am not calling you names nor made personal attacks, unlike you. That means that it is now you, Tom, that has a history. Documented ;-) I will remember that.

Lou Figueroa