Earl banned by Pat?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard something happened there but didn't hear the details
Earl was playing this kid Jesus Atencio great young player. And once Earl started losing he got very disrespectful kept talking louder and louder when the kid was shooting it got so bad the kids sponsor had to tell Earl to shut up and that just made it worse and Earl starting yelling a bunch of nonsense lol Jesus kept his cool the whole time and played great in the end Earl raked the balls off the table and was very unsportsmanlike like to a very respectful young player that was prolly thrilled to beat Earl.

Tony Chohan and Sky were playing a match on the next table and Earl's antics totally disrupted their match too. Very unfair to those guys too.

Tony even posted about it after the match on facebook, saying it was a joke having to play next to Earl acting out like that.

capture.png

Last edited:

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl is Earl

This keeps coming up as long as Earl plays in competition. I wonder how many threads on AZB here have been dedicated to this subject over the years. I don't like his behavior either; but I do admire his pool shooting talent. The bottom line is that if Earl didn't act like Earl, he wouldn't be Earl.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I been ring side to watch a number of Earl matches.

For me, it's like going to NASCAR -- the noise, the speed, the power, the crowd.

And sometimes... there's a very big wreck.

Lou Figueroa

Sofla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thoroughly enjoy watching Earl play, (he has enormous talent), and enjoy just as much watching him make an ass of himself. I also enjoy knowing that the best has yet to come. He's only gonna be more entertaining. As he ages, his temper will be shorter and tantrums more explosive as these up & coming youngsters wear his ass out, especially if they let out a little giggle or look him in the eye with a smirk on their face. Can you imagine if he hears a few snickers from the audience? Yep, it's gonna get better, I hope nobody bans him! lol

I used to be at least slightly amused at him going off, but long ago I decided it was just bad sportsmanship (or maybe a mental issue he needed to seek help for). Especially after it cost him the CueTec endorsement.

I saw him playing Tyler Eddy who was on the hill and on the 2-ball at the Open some years back. Eddy had been safed on the two, but made a great hit and luckily rolled safe. The crowd applauded and Earl took offense. Then Earl also made a great kick and looked like he got safe himself. The crowd applauded, but there was a sliver where Eddy could make the two. Earl blew up and swept the table.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... another beef I got is players conceding games...it must be confusing for uninformed spectators.....and those are the one that can make professional pool grow.

This International 9-Ball event had a good rule about conceding games -- add 1 to the opponent's score for the game conceded and deduct 1 from the offending player's score.

So, if the score was 4-4 prior to the game in which the offense occurred, the score becomes 5-3 upon the concession.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl was playing this kid Jesus Atencio great young player. And once Earl started losing he got very disrespectful kept talking louder and louder when the kid was shooting

There is nothing new there. The guy has been pulling that sh!t for a couple of decades now. I was there at Romine's like what, almost 20 years ago now, when during the Camel event he was getting spanked by the young Charlie Williams and Corey Deuel in back to back matches and he treated them like sh!t and ended up unscrewing and walking out. Just a complete a-hole and poor sportsman.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
I saw what Earl did last week at The Dismal Swamp classic and his behavior was way out of line imo

Maybe he should get banned for acting that way.

Terry,

Think you are being kind. Asked TV Mike to ask Tommy Kennedy why Earl was not ejected for his verbal outbursts against the young player from Venezuela. He sure is a showman but for the wrong reason!

Lyn

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've watched Earl for decades... one of the best tournament
9 ball players ever.. that two-stroke quick runout... perfect
position play, etc.

However... his outbursts and behavior make him a liability for
pro pool. Dissing a young upcoming player who is trying his
best can't be tolerated any longer.. Earl The Churl, indeed.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I have watched Earls antics for 20 years, he is one of the best if not thee best at THROWING TANTRUMS. Earl also plays pool real good.:p

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've watched Earl for decades... one of the best tournament
9 ball players ever.. that two-stroke quick runout... perfect
position play, etc.

However... his outbursts and behavior make him a liability for
pro pool. Dissing a young upcoming player who is trying his
best can't be tolerated any longer.. Earl The Churl, indeed.
I feel like he was a little rude when he got destroyed by Landon Shuffett.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel like he was a little rude when he got destroyed by Landon Shuffett.

This was one of my favorite matches.
Landon played exceptional on that 10ft.
Earl was gonna Earl. Landon decided he
would just run out. So awesome to see
a young man with such composure.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
There's a new sheriff coming to town..........Barry Hearn . He made his millions by making snooker a clean and respected sport , and deals harshly with those that break the rules .

Unless you happen to be the most popular player the sport has ever seen and viewership would drop 30% if you got banned. Like Ronnie O-Sullivan.

So... In other words... The rules are the rules... Unless they cost money to enforce. (And Higgins couldn't win anymore against the younger players coming up with better fundamentals, so "banning" him had little effect on the bottom dollar for Barry.)

Short Bus Russ

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE THINKS!!!!

The Pearl has earned his stripes over and over again. Moreso than anyone else that's ever played......period!!!!

The Pearl has given more to pool than it will ever give back to him.

Yes, something needs to be done. Maybe meds, counseling etc... I don't know about that so I will leave that to docs and the like.

What I do know for a FACT is that pool would suffer a great loss if Earl was ever banned or quit.

Again, I don't care about his drama. I've seen a lot of HIS drama in person. His drama is never morally out of line. His drama has always been nothing more than a mix of agression, passion, desire and LOVE for what he does.

Earl has always been, BALLS TO THE WALL. The younger generations could use some of that...... only in a more diplomatic manner that's for sure.

As you can see, I'm a HUGE fan of Earl the player but even moreso a fan of the MAN....

Banning Earl would be a mistake on MANY LEVELS.

If people are really concerned, help him to get help.

Pool CANNOT AFFORD to lose a player such as Earl.

There is not a single player alive that has his heart and love for the game.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl has become an embarrassment to pool.

He’s been getting away with murder for a long time now and those rooting for him to stay on are just rubber-neckers waiting for the next wreck.

Lou Figueroa