CTE Aiming Proves itself again!!!!

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We don't call it "cheating" the pocket, it is the way for great shape, usually using vertical cue ball. Number the pocket 1-5, 1 being the thickest, 3 the middle, and 5 the thinnest. Millions of ways the cue ball tracks in different directions with the numbering on the pocket. Also, sending the OB into the pocket trying to get the right number helps the player concentrate. You'll probably never miss a ball in hand. If you enjoy your aiming system, enjoy.
---------------------

Last edited:

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
A CTE system player strikes terror into the hearts of opponents in the Mosconi Cup..!!
Tyler Styer, Rookie First Timer at the 'Big Show', and trained personally by Stan Shuffett in the CTE Aiming Method, finishes third in winning percentage for the USA Team.
Who says CTE is a bunch of stuff and "won't ever work"? ....Hah! Tell that to those guys from Europe.
Mosconi Cup Winning Percentages for USA team.
1. SVB - 58%
2. Skyler Woodward - 54%
3. Tyler Styer - 51%
4. Billy Thorpe - 43%
5. Corey Deuel - 40%
:thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2:
I posted this to the U.S. Open 10 ball thread.
I got to watch the last two matches of the ten ball. I did try to recall the missed shots and missed shape by Shane in the finals and agree with AtLarge.
I watched some of the eight ball this evening and was privileged to watch Tyler Styer beat Jeffrey DeLuna 8-2. His play in that match looked so much
like Shane in the finals. While I was taking in several matches, I was seated nearest his table. His break looked exactly like Shane. If he did make any errors
I don't remember. I do remember some shooting that was stronger than cat shit
. It will be interesting to see if he can maintain that level of play tommorow.
I see his Fargo rate is 728. DeLuna is 796.
Well he did lose to Oscar Dominguez the next day. I did notice after the match they seemed to be good friends. I wondered at the time if Tyler looks at the cue ball
last the same as Oscar.

I don't get involved with the CTE debates so am unaware if cue ball last is part of CTE.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well he did lose to Oscar Dominguez the next day. I did notice after the match they seemed to be good friends. I wondered at the time if Tyler looks at the cue ball
last the same as Oscar.
I don't get involved with the CTE debates so am unaware if cue ball last is part of CTE.
-----------------

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
last the same as Oscar.

Oscar has helped Tyler quite a bit, both on the table and off the table.
I am a CTE user and i look at the object ball last.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello.
I am intrigued by the inside of the pocket being numbered mentally 1-5.
For the life of me I cannot calculate how that can be done.
This is a photo of a corner pocket on my table (the side pockets have been shimmed up the same way).
When I bought the table, I explained to the installer that I did not want a table to play matches on. I wanted a table to TRAIN ON with the toughest possible conditions. I wanted slow cloth, 4 1/4" pockets all over, and I wanted it installed in a shed out back with poor lighting, terrible humidity conditions, and any other miserable thing he could think of.
My reasoning was sound. If I trained under bad conditions, it would be duck soup on equipment that was really good. (In fact when I have it recovered eventually, I'm going to have the pockets shimmed up to an even 4 inches)
Now, having said all that stuff, will you please look at this photo and try to explain in writing here, how there can be 5 entry spots into that pocket?
I promise you, if you hit the corners of this pocket, even slightly, the object ball is going to rattle. You MIGHT get away with it, if there is favorable "get in" spin on that object ball. But if it's raining, the object ball is going to rattle.
I've been fooling around trying to find 5 entry spots on this damn fool table of mine and all I can come up with is 2, at the most.
I am intrigued by your teacher's procedure.
Always interested in differences of methods from real players like I know your teacher to be.
Thanks.
Lowenstein.
View attachment 507105

You could call it 3 parts. The one would go in shot without the nine ball, that's a one. The nine ball would go in shot without the one ball, that is a 3. In the middle there is a two. You could graze the corners a touch for 5 parts. Take those three parts and see what the cue ball tracks. I have tight pockets also. With the OB in the middle of the table and the CB one diamond back and it's perfectly straight in the side pocket, by hitting a one I can stun the CB almost to the end rail and with a 5, the other end rail. Some call it cheating the pocket, we call it control.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They're certainly extensive. And the best is yet to come!

pj
chgo

The best is yet to come, you can believe that. Of course it really doesn't matter to you. You have argued about CTE for a very long time, don't ever expect you to admit you've been wrong.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could call it 3 parts. The one would go in shot without the nine ball, that's a one. The nine ball would go in shot without the one ball, that is a 3. In the middle there is a two. You could graze the corners a touch for 5 parts. Take those three parts and see what the cue ball tracks. I have tight pockets also. With the OB in the middle of the table and the CB one diamond back and it's perfectly straight in the side pocket, by hitting a one I can stun the CB almost to the end rail and with a 5, the other end rail. Some call it cheating the pocket, we call it control.

That shot wouldn't be called cheating the pocket, it's normal position play.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
That shot wouldn't be called cheating the pocket, it's normal position play.

Tell Low500 that. He can't find 3 parts. But in CTE, there is one pocket. I suppose it's the middle?

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

since the thread is about tyler who did so well with cte ...congrats tyler...:thumbup:
here is my question
his doing well gives credence that cte DOES WORK...(even if the naysayers think it works differently than the cte users do...:grin:)
but here is a question to the cte 'ers
the fact that the other players that dont use cte also did well
gives credence that other systems work well too...:)
can you/we agree to agree that the method you use that gives you successfull results is a good system??
just askin,,,,:)

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
since the thread is about tyler who did so well with cte ...congrats tyler...:thumbup:
here is my question
his doing well gives credence that cte DOES WORK...(even if the naysayers think it works differently than the cte users do...:grin:)
can you/we agree to agree that the method you use that gives you successfull results is a good system??
---------------

Last edited:
Reactions: bbb

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here is my question
-----------

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The answer is, of course other systems work for other people. The CTE users I know never said anything else.
EXCEPT...for those who say "I use no system, there is no such thing as a system, it's all about feel, I just see the shot and shoot it". With those people I take issue.
Everybody who shoots a pool shot has SOME way of aiming the shot....doesn't matter to me what method they select, but they do have a method if they're consistent in their game.
The CTE system provides an accurate, reliable, repeatable, method for taking care of aiming pool shots..nothing more. Are there better methods? I don't know and don't care. All I need is ONE.
Speaking for myself, as a CTE advocate, the big hissy I've had with the naysayers is the ungodly trashing over and over of a good man, Stan Shuffett, who is moving the CTE system into the mainstream. That man has been raked over the coals and called all kind of names by some of those who preach "systems don't work".
Human nature is primarily resistant to change, even if change can be for the better.
I posted before about all the woofing and blowing years ago when the side kicking soccer style kickers moved into the forefront of NFL kicking.
"Ahhhh won't never work...been this way for years...nobody will ever kick better than Lou Groza...those little soccer type shrimps will fall flat on their face"...went the chatter from the 'wise ole birds'. Turns out they weren't so wise.
And look what we have today in football.
The same can be said for pool shooting. Things are always improving. There is no such thing as standing still in any endeavor. We either move forward or we start to fall backward.
Those who long for the good old days of Greenleaf, Lassiter, Taylor, and all that are enamored with a memory. And there's nothing wrong with that whatsoever. But to allow memories of the past to dictate choices about the here and now or the future is short sighted, in my opinion.
Use any system you like, whenever you like, wherever you like......but don't be shocked if a CTE user winds up having the better day. Time will tell.
Low500 this was a great post and i sent you a greenie............:eek:.....:)
we dont always agree but i agree with what you say above.....:eek:.....:)

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can think of three not tough shots right off that were missed, including a shot that missed but did drill the CB straight into a corner pocket.

Lou Figueroa
just sayin'

Here are two relatively easy shots missed by Albin Ouschan and Niels Fijen. Both of whom, unlike Styer, actually have Mosconi Cup experience. Oh, and if you weren't aware, both are World Champions.

https://youtu.be/M0p59Broy6Q?t=159
https://youtu.be/RR7NfqGOI4g?t=701

Then, let's not forget about this straight in blunder by Alex Kazakis, who also had his fair share of easy misses.

https://youtu.be/PwI9BTHLsyg?t=911

Even Shaw (another World Champion with MC experience) hit a couple into the rail.

None of these players I mentioned use CTE. Three of them are world champions. So why did they miss such easy shots? Could it be the same reason Styer probably missed? The fact that they are playing on the biggest stage in pool, and nerves got the best of them?

Maybe instead of being such a curmudgeon and pointing out the negatives just because of the association with CTE. You could be happy that a young kid with hardly any real experience went into a hostile environment, and in spite of those missed shots, played exceptionally well and represented his country with respect and dignity.

Jon
just sayin'

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking for myself, as a CTE advocate, the big hissy I've had with the naysayers is the ungodly trashing over and over of a good man, Stan Shuffett, who is moving the CTE system into the mainstream. That man has been raked over the coals and called all kind of names by some of those who preach "systems don't work".
Human nature is primarily resistant to change, even if change can be for the better.

With all due respect, this is an uncharacteristically level headed post from you, but nevertheless you don't know what you are talking about. You've only been around here for a year now and you clearly don't understand what the issues were. Please stop spreading fake news!

As far as systems go, the only one that provably works in an objective way (as close as you can get) is Poolology. Maybe we can add Stan's system to that short list if his book lives up to the advance reviews.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are two relatively easy shots missed by Albin Ouschan and Niels Fijen. Both of whom, unlike Styer, actually have Mosconi Cup experience. Oh, and if you weren't aware, both are World Champions.
https://youtu.be/M0p59Broy6Q?t=159
https://youtu.be/RR7NfqGOI4g?t=701
Then, let's not forget about this straight in blunder by Alex Kazakis, who also had his fair share of easy misses.
https://youtu.be/PwI9BTHLsyg?t=911
Even Shaw (another World Champion with MC experience) hit a couple into the rail.
None of these players I mentioned use CTE. Three of them are world champions. So why did they miss such easy shots? Could it be the same reason Styer probably missed? The fact that they are playing on the biggest stage in pool, and nerves got the best of them?
Maybe instead of being such a curmudgeon and pointing out the negatives just because of the association with CTE. You could be happy that a young kid with hardly any real experience went into a hostile environment, and in spite of those missed shots, played exceptionally well and represented his country with respect and dignity.
Jon
just sayin'
----------------

Last edited:

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello.
I am intrigued by the inside of the pocket being numbered mentally 1-5.
For the life of me I cannot calculate how that can be done.
This is a photo of a corner pocket on my table (the side pockets have been shimmed up the same way).
When I bought the table, I explained to the installer that I did not want a table to play matches on. I wanted a table to TRAIN ON with the toughest possible conditions. I wanted slow cloth, 4 1/4" pockets all over, and I wanted it installed in a shed out back with poor lighting, terrible humidity conditions, and any other miserable thing he could think of.
My reasoning was sound. If I trained under bad conditions, it would be duck soup on equipment that was really good. (In fact when I have it recovered eventually, I'm going to have the pockets shimmed up to an even 4 inches)
Now, having said all that stuff, will you please look at this photo and try to explain in writing here, how there can be 5 entry spots into that pocket?
I promise you, if you hit the corners of this pocket, even slightly, the object ball is going to rattle. You MIGHT get away with it, if there is favorable "get in" spin on that object ball. But if it's raining, the object ball is going to rattle.
I've been fooling around trying to find 5 entry spots on this damn fool table of mine and all I can come up with is 2, at the most.
I am intrigued by your teacher's procedure.
Always interested in differences of methods from real players like I know your teacher to be.
Thanks.
Lowenstein.
View attachment 507105

You didn't comment about the 3 parts of your corner pocket?

Last edited:

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Pardner, it's all I can do to hit just ONE part of the pocket.
You're just too good for me.
As I've said before...when we play some of that $35 a rack 8 ball, you gots to give up some weight. For starters, you have to bank your last ball before the 8.
How about that for a beginning negotiating spot?
We got a deal?....you know Robert Johnson said I could "makes a deal right here at these crossroads"
:thumbup:
View attachment 507149

Picking parts of the pocket is not about being good. It's for shape on the CB and for concentration. If you pick a pin point in the pocket for the OB, it is far better than picking 4.25". Just my two cents worth. $.02.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell Low500 that. He can't find 3 parts. But in CTE, there is one pocket. I suppose it's the middle?

Yes true CTE is center pocket. Just like you also start at center pocket. Then a slight adjustment is made in CTE and whatever you use to make the OB hit a different part of the pocket if that is what is necessary