The Color of Money (film 1986)

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I loved the pool in the hustler,the atmosphere
I wish i had never seen it,it ruined my life

From that time on i was into pool hustling

I recently tried to watch the movie and didn't even like it
jackie Gleason was terrific in every way,George C Scott played a good partas did newman up until the
the part with the girl,her place and the story afterwards was goofy

Like one of Al Pacino screaming parts,yucky

The movie was not so great on TV

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As badly as I dislike Tom Cruise, I would still be glad to see a sequel to the color of money...
The pool scene could sure use the shot in the arm,& I hate to admit it, Tom has improved as an actor.

A whole generation or two of folks would recognize this and be likely to watch it.
(Itty bitty Tom Cruise is NOT Jack 6’ 4” Reacher by any stretch of the imagination)

took the words right out of my mouth!

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After Vincent puts on his show beating Mozelle, the Whale walks by Eddie as he exits the pool room casually stating, "That boy's hot."

Eddie: "You go in the shoe store with $150 you come out with ONE shoe!"

Vincent: "Guess the news? You lose."

Vincent: "I'm a pool player, Eddie. I'm a ------- pool player. I'm an ANIMAL!"

Vincent, giggling as they exit the former pool room, now storage area: "Guess it's a good thing we didn't bring the Balabushka."

Share your favorite TCOM lines! I love this movie. I have to watch it at least once a year.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tom Cruise is actually very easy to like. His character Vincent, not so much. Just shows you how good an actor he was, even back then.

Cruise is still the bona fide superstar of this era. He has outlasted all big box office guys like Stallone, Willis Arnold, Will Smith. Still very prolific output churning out recent movies that are mostly hits than duds and can still singehandedly carry a movie. In terms of charisma and consistency, no one of last few decades comes close.
Just a pity that he is member of those crazy deviant Scientologists. So long as he does not make a freaky Scientologist movie (like Travolta), he will be around for some time that is if the upcoming squirmy Top Gun 2 does not crash his career first. .:D

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best things about The Color of Money:

1. "It's like a nightmare, isn't it? It just keeps getting worse and worse"

2. "Do you think I need to lose weight?"

3. Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio

4. John Turturro

Worst thing about The Color of Money:

1 - 100. Watching Tom Cruise or Paul Newman try to shoot pool.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cruise is still the bona fide superstar of this era. He has outlasted all big box office guys like Stallone, Willis Arnold, Will Smith. Still very prolific output churning out recent movies that are mostly hits than duds and can still singehandedly carry a movie. In terms of charisma and consistency, no one of last few decades comes close.
Just a pity that he is member of those crazy deviant Scientologists. So long as he does not make a freaky Scientologist movie (like Travolta), he will be around for some time that is if the upcoming squirmy Top Gun 2 does not crash his career first. .:D

Funny, I was on a movie site talking about Cruise, and a poster suggested
that Vincent from COM fell on hard times, turned to crime and became the
contract killer Vincent in Collateral ! Same name, same pompadour hair,
(only gray now),, too funny! One of his best, BTW.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After Vincent puts on his show beating Mozelle, the Whale walks by Eddie as he exits the pool room casually stating, "That boy's hot."

Eddie: "You go in the shoe store with $150 you come out with ONE shoe!"

Vincent: "Guess the news? You lose."

Vincent: "I'm a pool player, Eddie. I'm a ------- pool player. I'm an ANIMAL!"

Vincent, giggling as they exit the former pool room, now storage area: "Guess it's a good thing we didn't bring the Balabushka."

Share your favorite TCOM lines! I love this movie. I have to watch it at least once a year.

"YOU A HUSTLER, AMOS??................YOU A HUSTLER??"

Miz - " I didn't deserve this !!!"
Eddie - "Yes... yes you did!!!"

"It's finished, but it ain't settled"

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny, I was on a movie site talking about Cruise, and a poster suggested
that Vincent from COM fell on hard times, turned to crime and became the
contract killer Vincent in Collateral ! Same name, same pompadour hair,
(only gray now),, too funny! One of his best, BTW.

I had mentioned the possibility of them being the same in the past. Would be a great sequel.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Pretty sure that the real Louie was in TCOM.

I just rewatched the whole movie. I did notice in the Atlantic city scene at the end of the movie, they call a table match for St. Louis Louie and also call a match for Larry Schwarts. This all happens right before Vince and Eddie play.

Redshift

The Color of Money is entertaining but, hands down, The Hustler is way superior as a movie, story, and treatise on pool playing.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Mozelle lost to Vince, was able to beat Eddie and then lost to Eddie. What speed do you think Mozelle was?