Free Brunswick Table - Could This Be A Derelict Anniversary?

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope someone from AZ gets it! I am gonna say its already gone. GOOD LUCK!!!

Trent from Toledo

I'm hoping it's still available, just waiting for that response. I know someone who will definitely be interested in the table as he is in the business of restoration. Or I may just have them restore it for me, but does anyone else here have a pool table in an apartment?

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm your guy, PM sent

I'm not the seller.

About the question of fixing the legs: this can certainly be done, but it requires woodworking skills and some experience. If you go the route of reverting to polished aluminum corners, you can buy the aluminum trim pieces for the legs from classicbilliars.net.

It's not a particularly difficult project to restore this, I think, but it's a project, and you'd need the shop space, tools, and experience to do it. If you veneer the legs, that could be expensive in material. You don't necessarily need exotic woods for that, though.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
even with material's, the skill's and tools would be more than a cup of coffee worth of
thought and process to get it back in shape.
I can't help but wonder the back story on the destruction:
a couple split up, gal has new boy friend with a lab puppy?
lets the puppy have it as a new toy, the table too play with?

Is it possible she didn't know what she had...?
When a bunch of guys start to come a knock'n...

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This table is in Long Island. I’m betting a wealthy individual bought it new 70 years ago and now whoever own the space is even wealthier and simply wants it gone. Ha ha.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That looks to be a easy RESTO.... It could turn out to be a great investment. The good parts can your templates. The Aluminum Corner can buffed in an hour & look like CHROME.

The Anniversary & the Centennial were great playing tables, maybe better than what we play on today.

This table is a GIFT, don't look at the legs....

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
For ALL of you who've never restored a pool table before, there's no such thing as free....and it's worth something, unless you FIRST invest several thousand dollars in that table in the first place!! Free is out the door the second you decide to go pick that table up, that's just where your cost starts!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm not the seller.

About the question of fixing the legs: this can certainly be done, but it requires woodworking skills and some experience. If you go the route of reverting to polished aluminum corners, you can buy the aluminum trim pieces for the legs from classicbilliars.net.

It's not a particularly difficult project to restore this, I think, but it's a project, and you'd need the shop space, tools, and experience to do it. If you veneer the legs, that could be expensive in material. You don't necessarily need exotic woods for that, though.

Corners are about $900 from Classic, and they're not buffed!

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corners are about $900 from Classic, and they're not buffed!

Yep, there is good money in parts in that table. The last time I checked the figure 8 nut plates run 17 bucks a piece at Classic. I hadn't seen the pocket castings, but I figured they would be a couple of hundred a piece. Even the bridge holders bring good money.

I would be tempted to restore the pocket castings back to original with a powder coating that matches the original color. You just don't see too many of those restored to original.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
If you go the route of reverting to polished aluminum corners, you can buy the aluminum trim pieces for the legs from classicbilliars.net.

It's not a particularly difficult project to restore this

There is nothing easy about restoring a table like that.

Those leg bands classicbilliards are not the right metal. They are "brushed" Stainless steel. They are supposed to be Aluminum. Mueller's sold some really nice ones for a while and then stopped. Those were far superior to classicbilliards. I have a local company that makes them custom for me and they are not super polished, but, have a nice gleam to them.

The legs are the hardest part of the restoration, those have huge holes and chunks missing. They will need to be completely re-veneered. Not easy at all. Not to mention if you don't know what you are doing you are wasting time and $$$$. Not easy at all.

The castings will need to be acid bathed to get all that paint off and then prepped and polished. If there are air bubbles in the aluminum, sanding them out takes time and patience.

Well, I guess refinishing the rails would be about the easiest part. Rebuilding them if they are roached in the jaws and the staple relief is no easy task either and will require an expert like RKC, Jack Z., Jerimy Chambers or Jay S. ++ the cash for any of those guys ain't cheap.

Just my $0.02 and I have restored 18 of them to date.

Trent from Toledo

My restoration work:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/toledopooltables/photos/?tab=albums

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
You just don't see too many of those restored to original.

Not one person has ever called me and said they want an original C or C-I. They want the D-C / Custom polished metal look. The D-C metal came with a "Bright" finish, an early type of anodization on it, so from the factory they never had the "chromed" looking polishing going on.

Just my opinion and based on how many of these I restored/ have sold, no one wants an "in condition/ original patina" look, they want showroom refinished look. Kind of the opposite of antiques. Yes, RKC, they are not quite antiques yet, but, not far off either! :thumbup:

Trent from Toledo

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I guess refinishing the rails would be about the easiest part. Rebuilding them if they are roached in the jaws and the staple relief is no easy task either and will require an expert like RKC, Jack Z., Jerimy Chambers or Jay S. ++ the cash for any of those guys ain't cheap.

Trent from Toledo

My restoration work:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/toledopooltables/photos/?tab=albums

Are all the above mentioned mechanics accepting Anniversary rails for recal via shipment? RKC are you still doing them on the road only? I don't want anything done to the exterior of mine, the furniture restorer did an okay job on that, I just want them to play like they are capable of. sub rails recalibrated and with K-55 Superspeed installed. I already know mine are roached out from staples and not in specs.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Are all the above mentioned mechanics accepting Anniversary rails for recal via shipment? RKC are you still doing them on the road only?

You would have to ask them. I use Jack Z, he does an excellent job, always expedient and easy going.

Trent from Toledo

p.s. recalibration/ reduction is not the same as full subrail replacement :):thumbup:

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You would have to ask them. I use Jack Z, he does an excellent job, always expedient and easy going.

Trent from Toledo

p.s. recalibration/ reduction is not the same as full subrail replacement :):thumbup:

Thanks Trent, I'll give Jack a call. I'm just looking for recal, not a full replacement.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thanks Trent, I'll give Jack a call. I'm just looking for recal, not a full replacement.

If they're stapled out pretty bad, sub rail replacement is the only real repair. And to answer your question, I've been off the road since 2014 when my son was killed, but thinking about heading back out again, but haven't fully decided yet.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That looks to be a easy RESTO.... It could turn out to be a great investment. The good parts can your templates. The Aluminum Corner can buffed in an hour & look like CHROME.

The Anniversary & the Centennial were great playing tables, maybe better than what we play on today.

This table is a GIFT, don't look at the legs....

I can think of quite a few better built tables today than the Centennials and Anniversaries, if you've ever worked on them, then you'd know they had several design flaws. And, I've never figured out how they played BETTER than the GC1's....they have the same frame, Brunstone slate, cushions, pocket opening, rail bolts, everything's the same.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a quick update. I must've sent 4 emails and the people are not answering back. I talked to a well known table restorer in New Jersey and he has know about the table since it was posted as a few people have texted him about it. Even he hasn't had a call back so we may think someone must've offered money to hold it for them.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I can think of quite a few better built tables today than the Centennials and Anniversaries, if you've ever worked on them, then you'd know they had several design flaws. And, I've never figured out how they played BETTER than the GC1's....they have the same frame, Brunstone slate, cushions, pocket opening, rail bolts, everything's the same.

Only quantifiable difference between Anniversary and Centennial rails vs GC rails is the WEIGHT. Anny and Cent. rails are much much heavier. That is the only difference I know of.

Trent from Toledo