Remember the World Cup of Pool 2018 when the ref failed to rack with the 9-Ball in th

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious who the ref was and is he/she still referring, but doesn't the life of me I cannot find the video.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• Capture123.jpg
    Capture123.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 433

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This reminds me of a funny deal. Back in about '88 four guys were playing partners 1p at the the Palace in Tulsa. They had been playing A WHILE and were somewhat "medicated". Well, they took a "bathroom" break and we switched the 8b for one of those Crazy8 goofy-rolling balls. They were so off-the-air they didn't realize what was up for TWO games. We could barely keep from busting out laughin. Ahh, the good 'ol days.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I’m pretty sure it was Nigel Rees racking the 9 on spot. (Wrong tournament I see :) )

I can’t watch that video right now, did they break that rack with the 9 on the side? Maybe whoever was inspecting was trying to find a way to make that 9 lol

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m pretty sure it was Nigel Rees racking the 9 on spot. (Wrong tournament I see :) )

I can’t watch that video right now, did they break that rack with the 9 on the side? Maybe whoever was inspecting was trying to find a way to make that 9 lol

It was an Asian ref, not Nigel.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I was thinking of one of the first matches in the masters this year, scanning at work and not reading titles well

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Couldn’t help but notice the fans in the bleachers, all 4 of them! Pool is an odd sport. I could watch it, at any level, forever. But don’t know a single casual fan who would tune in past the first brew.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the thing is tho, if Spain did notice it and break anyway hoping to pot the 9, the commentators would be exvited and show a replay for 5-6 times, and they would notice it because they would be looking for the 9. Then, they would probably say that this was unsportsmanlike...

(if they really didn't... are they really pros?.... I know at the time Alcaide was already a Masters Champion, but come on...)

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
It looks like alcaide noticed right around the 1 minute mark. He does a little brow scrunch