World 10 Ball Championship 22-26July2019/ Winner $30K

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tied 8-8, race to 2
Shaw took early lead stealing a Filler break. But a poor pushout at 4-3 allow Filler to tie match. Filler won lag so he has slight advantage

Attachments

• sc.JPG
    sc.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler wins 10-8 after dry break by Shaw
He will play winner of Niels v Wojciech in quarters later today

Denis The Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw and Filler tied at 7-7. Incredible play by both players.

I don't think I've ever seen two players play this well, this fast, on this big a stage.

I second that. Shaw lost on 2 pushouts. First one he left filler a long tough cut shot and Filler ran out. Then Filler pushed out and Shaw played a poor safe and Filler won that game.

Its hot in Vegas but a possibility of a cup of KO/KO in the Finals.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I second that. Shaw lost on 2 pushouts. First one he left filler a long tough cut shot and Filler ran out. Then Filler pushed out and Shaw played a poor safe and Filler won that game.

Its hot in Vegas but a possibility of a cup of KO/KO in the Finals.

I like the younger Ko to get to the finals.

The top half of the bracket is full of monsters though.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People were talking smack about Ralf Souquet's play but he's up 7-4 against Alex and three games away from the quarterfinals.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Some tight matches coming down to the wire!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 12.46.53 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 12.46.53 PM.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 232

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had never heard of Masato Yoshioka but with a 765 rating he's actually ranked higher than Styer (746) and the same as Thorpe (764).

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Niels and Chang both down 7-6 right now:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 12.55.04 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 12.55.04 PM.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 217

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did the commentator state that shot clock is only on the tv table? That wouldnt make sense. I must have misheard.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Kevin Cheng now up 8-6 on Chang:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 1.01.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 1.01.49 PM.png
    134 KB · Views: 207

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A few stats on that amazing Filler/Shaw match.

Filler broke successfully on 7 of 9 breaks (78%) and ran out on 6 of the 7. So 67% B&R on all breaks and 86% on successful breaks.

Shaw broke successfully on 8 of 9 breaks (89%) and ran out on 5 of the 8. So 56% B&R on all breaks and 63% on successful breaks.

61% (11 of 18) B&R for the 2 players combined.

The only missed shot in the match was a full-cue jump shot by Shaw on the 1-ball in Game 7.

The only foul in the match was Filler's scratch on the break in Game 1.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Young Ko through to the final eight. Will take on the winner of Alex and Ralf. Chang has come back to tie Cheng at 8-8.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 1.14.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 1.14.20 PM.png
    134.6 KB · Views: 198

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had never heard of Masato Yoshioka but with a 765 rating he's actually ranked higher than Styer (746) and the same as Thorpe (764).
Yoshioka and Styer are the breakout stars of this event. Yoshioka is the only qualifier in the last 16. Was undefeated and has now beaten notables Wu Kun Lin, Biado, Ignacio, Grabe. Styer has lowest Fargo of the last 16 but is knocking them out now on hill v Thorpe
Did the commentator state that shot clock is only on the tv table? That wouldnt make sense. I must have misheard.
They have been doing that for many of the major events like US Open
Young Ko through to the final eight. Will take on the winner of Alex and Ralf. Chang has come back to tie Cheng at 8-8.
This may be Little Ko's year. Little Ko v Filler will be interesting final of young guns. Little Ko-Chang will be repeat of last years International Open. Ko-Ko final may be first ever sibling final :)
Kevin Cheng is below Chang's level but in race to 10, Cheng can win especially since they are very familiar with each others game.

That was a good one. Where can I view some up to date brackets?

https://ctsondemand.com/mobilebracketviewer.aspx?BracketID=7fb7bf44-8c2a-4573-ac0c-e81f9d161b99

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is what they have been saying.

So what are they concerned about on the tv table that they arent concerned about on the other tables? The time they need to have the stream up? Seems unfair to the players who havent been on the tv table and have not had to deal with a clock.

Great match by Filler. Pity he got sloppy with position on one straight forward shot and had to use his jump cue to get out. Big applause for making the jump but he shouldnt have been sloppy.

Last edited: