Orcollo vs SVB confirmed

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
The soft handshake is an Acadian thing too. In upper central and north Louisiana I use a firm grip. South of there I drop to a medium grip so I can relax still more if encountering the very common extremely soft grip. Many cajuns use a very very soft grip, have for generations. Older cajuns I always start with a soft grip and only tighten if theirs is firmer.

Anybody that thinks cajun men aren't manly can find out the hard way they are wrong. The soft handshake is the mark of a gentleman, not necessarily a gentle man! They don't try to make the handshake a grip contest.

Hu

I normally dont even shake hands anymore, have broken it a few times and any more than a medium handshake it will hurt for days.

In my experience its normally the a hole who is trying to show dominance by squeezing real hard, which there's a chance it would get broken on said a holes face for pulling this move. I would lose my job and have a broken hand - not worth it.

Fist bumps it is, and there's even a holes out there that want to punch your fist lol.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the implication here is that Shane is good at getting the balls to freeze up, then the difference between him and Dennis isn't really relevant, it's trivial to get the balls to freeze up with a template.

If the implication is that Shane is good at deliberately gapping the rack to his advantage... that may be the case in nine ball. But in 10 ball there is no advantageous way to gap the rack. The break works best with a frozen rack. I know a couple of B players who make that second row ball in the side reliably using a magic rack with no attempt to gap anything.

if Shane outbreaks Dennis, it will mostly be down to superior mechanics. He's been practicing that break his whole life.

Posted from Azbilliards.com App for Android

I agree. With a rack template there isn't an advantage with racking. However, with templates there is a big advantage to the best "breaker"......not the best racker.

If it was 9 ball and wooden rack.....it would be even more brutal because then the rack mechanic would be another advantage but, Dennis is a rack mechanic as well, I've seen him do it many times.

I like and respect both players but, I have to give SVB a pretty big edge in that format.

I'm hoping for some safety battles. I love high level safety battles.

Jeff

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's a race to 120!

But wasn't the score of their previous race to 100 something similar to your prediction? I know Dennis lost by double digits. I don't see any reason it would be different this time around.

TAR 35 -- 2013, 10-Ball, 100-81 SVB.

They also played an earlier TAR match:
TAR 29 -- 2012, all-around:
  • 8-Ball 15-11 SVB
    1-Pocket 7-4 Orcollo
    10-Ball 25-23 Orcollo

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess they made appearance money offer to Shane that he couldn't refuse :eek:

I can imagine they did because Shane doesn't feel he has anything to prove in 10 ball with Dennis but, I can see where Dennis would feel like he has something to prove giving their track record in 9 ball and 10 ball.

If it was 1hole, the shoe would be on the other foot. In 1hole, I could see where Dennis wouldn't feel like it was a milestone to beat SVB the way it must feel with 10 ball. I could see where SVB would feel pressed to win.

That pressure of needing/wanting to win simply because your the "slight" underdog can the thing that beats him or it very well may be the "fire" that keeps him focused enough to pull it off.

This will probably be one of, if not the most watched PPV in a long time.

Anyone thats ever heard of either of them will be on edge till it's over.

I know I will be.

Jeff

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok then...

So if a hand shake conversation is a bad idea, how about some eye contact? Just kidding and never mind, just shoot good pool and may the most honest player win.

I was just joking any way...…………..

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I’m still waiting to hear about svb and orcollo playing partners and having some kind of drama. Is there video of any matches?

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the implication here is that Shane is good at getting the balls to freeze up, then the difference between him and Dennis isn't really relevant, it's trivial to get the balls to freeze up with a template.

If the implication is that Shane is good at deliberately gapping the rack to his advantage... that may be the case in nine ball. But in 10 ball there is no advantageous way to gap the rack. The break works best with a frozen rack. I know a couple of B players who make that second row ball in the side reliably using a magic rack with no attempt to gap anything.

if Shane outbreaks Dennis, it will mostly be down to superior mechanics. He's been practicing that break his whole life.

Posted from Azbilliards.com App for Android

Have you ever heard the phrase: "You don't know, what you don't know"? There is always something else to learn.

Just because you don't know how to rig a 10-ball rack doesn't mean it's not possible.

There certainly ARE ways to advantageously gap a 10-ball rack. The most obvious way is to feather back the head ball until a gap forms between the two second row balls. This is fairly well known among pros.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Have you ever heard the phrase: "You don't know, what you don't know"? There is always something else to learn.

Just because you don't know how to rig a 10-ball rack doesn't mean it's not possible.

There certainly ARE ways to advantageously gap a 10-ball rack. The most obvious way is to feather back the head ball until a gap forms between the two second row balls. This is fairly well known among pros.

And done every rack by SVB

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I know a ton of amateurs that check the 10 ball rack for that very reason.

Very simple:

If you see your opponent pulling back on the 1 ball

Or

Pushing the middle two balls in the back toward the center

After the triangle is removed.....well, check their rack.

On the other hand, what you stated is "not" a factor with a magic rack unless the rack has been tampered with or its damaged.

Jeff

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I've seen most all pros do that from time to time but, to say any one person does it every single time is a reach. That is unless you have watched every game of 10 ball he has ever played.

Jeff

Yes, I've watched every single game he has played since he was 2 years old, so there have been a few racks I havent seen didnt hear about SVB till he was 2.

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know a ton of amateurs that check the 10 ball rack for that very reason.

Very simple:

If you see your opponent pulling back on the 1 ball

Or

Pushing the middle two balls in the back toward the center

After the triangle is removed.....well, check their rack.

On the other hand, what you stated is "not" a factor with a magic rack unless the rack has been tampered with or its damaged.

Jeff

Watch SVB use a template to rack 10-ball. He always thoroughly feathers back the headball .

Although, feathering the headball does not necessarily mean you are trying to create a gap in the second row. I feather the headball a lot in 9-ball and I don't know of any advantage to gapping the second row of balls. I'm just trying to freeze the balls and get them leaning on each other.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watch SVB use a template to rack 10-ball. He always thoroughly feathers back the headball .

Although, feathering the headball does not necessarily mean you are trying to create a gap in the second row. I feather the headball a lot in 9-ball and I don't know of any advantage to gapping the second row of balls. I'm just trying to freeze the balls and get them leaning on each other.

I have to do the same with my home setup...

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

Why is he one of the only ones who cannot rack with a template?

Never in my life have I been able to move the 1 ball BACK in ANY rack, I always have to move the other balls forward if there is a gap.

So, if he isnt fixing a gap, the only thing he could be doing is creating one.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is he one of the only ones who cannot rack with a template?

Never in my life have I been able to move the 1 ball BACK in ANY rack, I always have to move the other balls forward if there is a gap.

So, if he isnt fixing a gap, the only thing he could be doing is creating one.

It's part of his PRR...(pre rack routine)

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a template is the better option, ofc, but even then with tilting the rack, put the rack above or below the spot, set the low balls where you want them, etc. you can achieve some rack mechanical advantages