Great American vs. Valley

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Check with a local moving company. Make sure they have insurance,lol.

Here is the issue: Why would ANYONE put themselves/helpers at risk and their business on the line for $300-400?? I surely will not. The risk is not worth the reward.
Buy a 3 piece slate table and problem solved. I laugh inside when cheap people call me and want me to move a one piece slate table into their basement. I laugh even harder when they want me to move a one piece 9' Diamond into a basement or up a flight of stairs. Not saying it is not possible, what I am saying is that it is not worth the risk of someone getting hurt or property/ table damage. Business insurance is not cheap and a claim would make it so much more painful. Just my $0.02.

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Here is the issue: Why would ANYONE put themselves/helpers at risk and their business on the line for $300-400?? I surely will not. The risk is not worth the reward.
Buy a 3 piece slate table and problem solved. I laugh inside when cheap people call me and want me to move a one piece slate table into their basement. I laugh even harder when they want me to move a one piece 9' Diamond into a basement or up a flight of stairs. Not saying it is not possible, what I am saying is that it is not worth the risk of someone getting hurt or property/ table damage. Business insurance is not cheap and a claim would make it so much more painful. Just my $0.02.

Trent from Toledo

Oh come on Trent, you can move a 9ft one piece slate upstairs or down in a basement if you know what you're doing...LOL

Just cut it in half and steel plate it back together, good as new...LOL

20190317_153623_1024x1024.jpg

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Oh come on Trent, you can move a 9ft one piece slate upstairs or down in a basement if you know what you're doing...LOL

Just cut it in half and steel plate it back together, good as new...LOL

View attachment 533368

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I will have them fly the Cobra in when they wanna PAY THE BIG $$$$!!!!

Glen is the exception to most of my "rules". I would not trust that to anyone else!

:)

Trent from Toledo

P.s. Calm down some you ROWDY OLD SNAKE!!

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member

Trent from Toledo

Yes, Trent....we know you are above any of us mere mortals.
If you do not want to work on Bar Boxes, fine.
Just don’ t call us Cheap for wanting our table moved for a fair price.

If you want to sell us 7’ Diamonds for the same price as a Valley, then we will talk.
Not all bars or pool halls can afford it.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Yes, Trent....we know you are above any us mere mortals.
If you do not want to work on Bar Boxes, fine.
Just don’ t call us Cheap for wanting our table moved for a fair price.

I work on bar boxes. I am just not an idiot an won't move them into basements. Valley's are not for basements and neither are one- piece slate Diamonds... I call it like I see it: CHEAP. Buy the right equipment for the right space. Asking people for to much is just CHEAP.

Trent from Toledo

P.s. Why not move it yourself if it is no big deal? Call up your best buddies and ask them to put their well being on the line... Thought not.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
I work on bar boxes. I am just not an idiot an won't move them into basements. Valley's are not for basements and neither are one- piece slate Diamonds... I call it like I see it: CHEAP. Buy the right equipment for the right space. Asking people for to much is just CHEAP.

Trent from Toledo

P.s. Why not move it yourself if it is no big deal? Call up your best buddies and ask them to put their well being on the line... Thought not.

BTW......what is a basement?
I live in LA LA Land.
Never heard of one.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Trent from Toledo

Not having any idea as to what's involved, don't make the customers cheap, not everyone's looking to buy another table keep that in mind.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Not having any idea as to what's involved, don't make the customers cheap, not everyone's looking to buy another table keep that in mind.

I get calls all the time, it is obvious what is involved you old SNAKE! They know the tables are not for basements.

trent

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I get calls all the time, it is obvious what is involved you old SNAKE! They know the tables are not for basements.

trent

Then you should feel lucky, if they did in fact know more, maybe they'd be doing your job instead of hiring you, think about it that way.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Then you should feel lucky, if they did in fact know more, maybe they'd be doing your job instead of hiring you, think about it that way.

When both Valley and Diamond will not deliver a one piece slate table into a person's home, I feel that is telling them enough and they know better. I won't work for people who ignore the obvious. None the less I do not move peoples pool tables for a living :)

Trent:thumbup:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
When both Valley and Diamond will not deliver a one piece slate table into a person's home, I feel that is telling them enough and they know better. I won't work for people who ignore the obvious. None the less I do not move peoples pool tables for a living :)

Trent:thumbup:

Now you know why I get so many calls from around the country, I don't see the problems, only the solutions!!...LOL

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Now you know why I get so many calls from around the country, I don't see the problems, only the solutions!!...LOL

I will send them all your way! Fortunately, I get to decide what I will and won't do:) I dont claim to have all the answers and I call you to! Thanks for all you do the pool players and mechanics/ installers all over!

Trent