Ed Robinson Custom Cues - new builder

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Ed Robinson, my dad, has recently set up his own cue shop to keep himself busy in retirement. Here are a few he's finished up, that are really too nice for eBay. Each comes with one shaft, or a second can be made for an extra $100. Each cue's weight can be changed if the buyer wishes, as well. Cue number 1 is made with a purple heart handle, the other 3 cues are made with a full maple core. Price is $350 each shipped in the lower 48. The cues really do shoot well.

Cue 1: Sold!
Cue 2: Cocobolo. 20.5oz, 13.1 mm tip - Tiger medium, 3/8ths-10 pin
Cue 3: Cocobolo/Curley Maple. 18.9oz, 12.85 tip - Ultraskin medium, Radial pin
Cue 4: Madascar Ebony/Birdseye Maple. 20.5oz, 12.5mm - Ultraskin medium, copper Radial pin

20191102_121204.jpg

20191102_121207.jpg

20191102_121213.jpg

20191102_121227.jpg

Last edited:

trinimontes

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a cue butt only 3/8x10 pin to put my Jacoby Black shaft. Will he sell the butt only? If so, how much? And is he making more?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I am looking for a cue butt only 3/8x10 pin to put my Jacoby Black shaft. Will he sell the butt only? If so, how much? And is he making more?

Yes, he would sell a butt only; price would be $300. Yes, he is continually building. He has a stash of would if you're looking for a specific combination.

how does he join the forearm to the handle?

THANKS

On the full core cues, it's joined by a threaded tennon and a brass pin, core to core. The purple heart has the same threaded tennon with brass pin as the "A" joint, forearm to handle. I hope that makes sense; he just went over it with me on the phone. I can post pictures if needed.

Josh

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Yes, he would sell a butt only; price would be $300. Yes, he is continually building. He has a stash of would if you're looking for a specific combination.

On the full core cues, it's joined by a threaded tennon and a brass pin, core to core. The purple heart has the same threaded tennon with brass pin as the "A" joint, forearm to handle. I hope that makes sense; he just went over it with me on the phone. I can post pictures if needed.

Josh

THANK YOU:smile::smile:

trinimontes

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at the picture, what is the cue to the far right made of? Is that birds eye? Is it 3/8x10, and how much for the butt only?

Thank you,
Trinidad

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Looking at the picture, what is the cue to the far right made of? Is that birds eye? Is it 3/8x10, and how much for the butt only?

Thank you,
Trinidad

Cue 4: Madascar Ebony/Birdseye Maple. 20.5oz, 12.5mm - Ultraskin medium, copper Radial pin

Gao93

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, curly maple of No.3 looks awesome, so bad I don't live in US, and the mail rate would be too much compare to the cue, otherwise I would take that without hesitation. GLWS

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Thank you for the info. Can he make one with a 3/8x10 pin?

Yes, that's no problem. Shoot me a PM with what you want. It will be after hunting season before he starts building again. But we can go ahead and get you on the list.

Wow, curly maple of No.3 looks awesome, so bad I don't live in US, and the mail rate would be too much compare to the cue, otherwise I would take that without hesitation. GLWS

Thank you for the compliment. Dad made a cue for me with the same curly; it's beautiful under the lights, almost glows.

Althair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a Plain Jane bocote cue from Ed a few months ago, shown here with a Hsunami Kielwood shaft made by Richard Hsu. Radial Pin.
f5cd6ed14a4ea8382bf68e84e29f83b2.jpg
e3c3926abccdbb66c1403b165085426f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600U using Tapatalk