brunswick GC2 setup & leveling pics-is this right?

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Not worth $500 in that condition with a broken slate.
You may be right. But it is well worth it as a parts table...Be nice to pick up for $200 to $300. Just look at what Ken Hash gets for Gold Crown original Rails, Ball Return, Castings & Feet. And you can throw in a nice Stretcher. I have a stockpile of tables in my warehouse. Need to move some before I buy more parts.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You may be right. But it is well worth it as a parts table...Be nice to pick up for $200 to $300. Just look at what Ken Hash gets for Gold Crown original Rails, Ball Return, Castings & Feet. And you can throw in a nice Stretcher. I have a stockpile of tables in my warehouse. Need to move some before I buy more parts.

I just turned down buying 6 GC3's in pretty good shape for $2,000 total.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
powder coating, when one properly, is much more durable than paint.

It's not more durable than the proper paint done properly.

Both systems depend on 1.) choice of materials used 2.) integrity of application system the whole way through. Wet is probably still superior for problem applications. EPA likes powder coat better, so it has been over-sold.
Powder coat is probably faster as in one trip through the line.

smt

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not more durable than the proper paint done properly.

Both systems depend on 1.) choice of materials used 2.) integrity of application system the whole way through. Wet is probably still superior for problem applications. EPA likes powder coat better, so it has been over-sold.
Powder coat is probably faster as in one trip through the line.

smt

https://www.reliance-foundry.com/blog/powder-coating-vs-paint#gref

"Powder coating provides better performance than wet paint—it is more resistant to chipping, scratching, and other wear because of the thermal bonding it undergoes during curing, and because it can be applied in much thicker layers. In addition to its physical toughness, powder coating provides superior color retention."

49233347417_87d47e0633_c.jpg

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
https://www.reliance-foundry.com/blog/powder-coating-vs-paint#gref

"Powder coating provides better performance than wet paint—it is more resistant to chipping, scratching, and other wear because of the thermal bonding it undergoes during curing, and because it can be applied in much thicker layers. In addition to its physical toughness, powder coating provides superior color retention."

49233347417_87d47e0633_c.jpg

Powder coating is the best solution to refinish parts IMO and I am saying this from a durability perspective. I mainly choose the vein style powder because it allows the applicator to build up the coating and it covers most scratches, pitting and other imperfections in the metal.

Concerning the outgassing issues, I wonder if they applicator put them in the oven just after they are blasted to "pre-outgass" them, that maybe would stop the outgassing issues after they are coated and then put into the oven? Just a thought.

Trent from Toledo

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Powder coating is the best solution to refinish parts IMO and I am saying this from a durability perspective. I mainly choose the vein style powder because it allows the applicator to build up the coating and it covers most scratches, pitting and other imperfections in the metal.

Concerning the outgassing issues, I wonder if they applicator put them in the oven just after they are blasted to "pre-outgass" them, that maybe would stop the outgassing issues after they are coated and then put into the oven? Just a thought.

Trent from Toledo

Proper procedure is to pre bake the part bare in an attempt to out gas as much as possible but some castings are of poor quality or old which tend to out gas even more. In some instances, the part cannot be fully out gassed. I’ve learned more about powder coating than I bargained for through the course of my ordeal.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Proper procedure is to pre bake the part bare in an attempt to out gas as much as possible but some castings are of poor quality or old which tend to out gas even more. In some instances, the part cannot be fully out gassed. I’ve learned more about powder coating than I bargained for through the course of my ordeal.

Yeah having it blasted and then baked seems like a good idea. Doing a smooth style powdercoating is evidently hard! I have only done one set of GC metal in that smooth stuff, metal was in mint condition and it came out nice.

Kind of weird, but, I rarely have this problem with my powder coater: Jeff's Powder Coating in Monroe, MI!! He is the best. I buy Prismatic Powder's and have them delivered to him, they make a great product. Been workin with him for 5 years now.

Trent

D0N

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OP is looking for a side pocket casting:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=504196

Public service.

Yes, I really need a good side pocket casting but the table is going together & being reclothed in 2 days. So, I doubt I'll find one in time. I'll have to live with this bit of ugliness for now.

Hopefully, I can take apart the rails easy enough and swap out the casting/s when I get a new set or a single used piece.

Pics that Rexus asked for.

Attachments

• 20191217_172022-1008x756.jpg
    20191217_172022-1008x756.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 296
  • 20191217_180716-1008x756.jpg
    20191217_180716-1008x756.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

D0N

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may need to sell the table soon to pay for a lawyer. :eek: :confused: :boring2:

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I may need to sell the table
soon to pay for a lawyer. :eek: :confused: :boring2:

I am sorry you are going through this. I would take the
"lawyer threat" as just that. People who have lawyers
and the money to pay them do not throw those words
around at all: you simply hear from the Lawyer....

I do genuinely feel bad for your situation, if you
want a set of those castings you are looking at on
Amazon, I can get them wholesale for you plus shipping.
PM me if you are interested.

Trent from Toledo

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
I am sorry you are going through this. I would take the
"lawyer threat" as just that. People who have lawyers
and the money to pay them do not throw those words
around at all: you simply hear from the Lawyer....

I do genuinely feel bad for your situation, if you
want a set of those castings you are looking at on
Amazon, I can get them wholesale for you plus shipping.
PM me if you are interested.

Trent from Toledo
No need. Just give him Kyle’s number. He sells to everyone.