Hard Times, Sacramento

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
T-Rex rolling into town today, so you know there will be action. Rumors of a big game Weds night. The tournament starts Thursday night, so there will be action all day as players start rolling in. A great week of one pocket at Hard Times.

Attachments

• 1F38335C-2E3E-44A0-8B55-6AF6F9A2E97C.jpg
    1F38335C-2E3E-44A0-8B55-6AF6F9A2E97C.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 713

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Nice! Thanks for the heads up. Will any of it be streamed or facespaced?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey John! Thanks so much for the poster!

Hope your well & have a great 2020!!!

My very best regards ❤️
Fatboy

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is Chuck Markulis? What’s his story? I’m not familiar with it

He was among the best room owners of all time.

There are people here-Jay Helfert who can write about him better than I can. I knew him many years ago in Hardtimes Bellflower.

Best
Fatboy

Gatto138

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was among the best room owners of all time.

There are people here-Jay Helfert who can write about him better than I can. I knew him many years ago in Hardtimes Bellflower.

Best
Fatboy

Thanks for the knowledge. I normally try to read all Jay’s posts, yours as well. You can kinda tell who knows what they’re talking about on this forum, heh

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Who is Chuck Markulis? What’s his story? I’m not familiar with it

Chuck was the best friend any pool player could ever have! He loved all of them, the good, the bad and the ugly! He was the creator of the fabled Hard Times in Bellflower, CA, long one of the biggest and best poolrooms in the country. We put on many great 9-Ball (and One Pocket) tournaments at Hard Times for several years. All the top players would come to our events! Some of the biggest money games of that era (late 80's to early 2000's) took place in that poolroom. To the best of my knowledge, Hard Times was the first poolroom to add $10,000 to a tournament over thirty years ago.

He and his son Mike also bought an old pool room, totally renovated it and created Hard Times Sacramento, the location for this current event. A couple of years ago they sold it to Oscar Dominguez, a very fine player in his own right. When we lost Chuck Markulis we lost one of the greatest friends big time pool ever had. RIP my friend.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chuck was the best friend any pool player could ever have! He loved all of them, the good, the bad and the ugly! He was the creator of the fabled Hard Times in Bellflower, CA, long one of the biggest and best poolrooms in the country. We put on many great 9-Ball (and One Pocket) tournaments at Hard Times for several years. All the top players would come to our events! Some of the biggest money games of that era (late 80's to early 2000's) took place in that poolroom. To the best of my knowledge, Hard Times was the first poolroom to add $10,000 to a tournament over thirty years ago.

He and his son Mike also bought an old pool room, totally renovated it and created Hard Times Sacramento, the location for this current event. A couple of years ago they sold it to Oscar Dominguez, a very fine player in his own right. When we lost Chuck Markulis we lost one of the greatest friends big time pool ever had. RIP my friend.

Awesome. Thanks for the history lesson on a good guy!

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is it going to stream on their facebook page? I didn't see anything on the website about current streams