Amazing Anniversary & Centennial work going on during the lockdown

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Here are some of the stuff going on here in Atlanta GA. by Mark Gregory. I am good at taking pictures...lol

Attachments

• IMG_0220.JPEG
    IMG_0220.JPEG
    98.1 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_0219.JPEG
    IMG_0219.JPEG
    83.1 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_0201.JPEG
    IMG_0201.JPEG
    127.6 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_0196.JPEG
    IMG_0196.JPEG
    120.2 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_0181.JPEG
    IMG_0181.JPEG
    105.5 KB · Views: 482

PoolTable911

Silver Member
More photos

Attachments

• IMG_0119.JPEG
    IMG_0119.JPEG
    119.9 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_0117.JPEG
    IMG_0117.JPEG
    82.9 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_0115.JPEG
    IMG_0115.JPEG
    83.8 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_0071.JPEG
    IMG_0071.JPEG
    102.8 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_0031.JPEG
    IMG_0031.JPEG
    133.9 KB · Views: 469

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
I am into preserving the history of the Pool Antique. I respect what he does: It is ART.

TFT

This thread isn't about you. Yet, like your mentor, you are set on making it about you.

Mark builds quality pool tables, based on a Brunswick design. His tables ARE works of art. It would be impossible to polish up an old relic, and have it look anywhere near as good as the tables that Mark builds. However, it's not just about looks. Mark's design details improve the durability AND the play of the table.

PoolTable911

Silver Member
Fyi

I am into preserving the history of the Pool Antique. I respect what he does: It is ART.

TFT

Your preserving the Antique is putting your clients in harm from black mold.

Attachments

• CEDAC4A1-18A6-4CA5-A3FF-938F4B9D3A86.JPEG
    CEDAC4A1-18A6-4CA5-A3FF-938F4B9D3A86.JPEG
    112.5 KB · Views: 417

PoolTable911

Silver Member
Double eeeek, as long as we posting disturbing pics, thoughts on this... LOL
49208857628_c2d1030cfa_c.jpg
Base frame was not leveled properly or that is the worst sagging Gold Crown frame I have ever seen. Nice shims though. Also, the tacks and staples would drive me crazy. We always pull all old staples & tacks out.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Your preserving the Antique is putting your clients in harm from black mold.

That table obviously has had severe and continual water damage. We also have had to pull apart the legs and replace rotten wood. It is part of restoration! I have never seen a set of legs that bad.

TFT

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Double eeeek, as long as we posting disturbing pics, thoughts on this... LOL
49208857628_c2d1030cfa_c.jpg

I thought that was a familiar picture, that is Don's table.

Not sure how that has anything to do with the thread, but, its an open forum for people to post what ever they want. Some people forget that!!

I will post my opinions and thoughts how ever I like.

TFT

PoolTable911

Silver Member
Wasn't that Mark's team that did that job?
So I am curious about these moldy tables, did these.get installed in someone's home?

lol....Those were installers who did work for Mark. This has been gone over. Are you asking if those tables went in a home after mark had them? Look at the pictures above of the new legs that were built. The tables that Mark touches are perfection. You should buy a Snooker table he has worked on.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Wasn't that Mark's team that did that job?
So I am curious about these moldy tables, did these.get installed in someone's home?

I am betting they were from a table that new legs were built for.

I would not buy a table in that condition. It would be very, very noticeable that legs like that were severely water damaged. If I did, it would be a Parts only table and the legs would get burnt just like those did. ;)

TFT

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought that was a familiar picture, that is Don's table.

Not sure how that has anything to do with the thread, but, its an open forum for people to post what ever they want. Some people forget that!!

I will post my opinions and thoughts how ever I like.

TFT
I mean if we are going to sing Mark's praises, maybe a link to Don's thread is also fitting, ya know for potential customers to see both sides of what you might get.
Sure Mark didn't do the work, although look at his reaponses to Don when he first inquired, also his team moonlighting, so go figure.

I'v always thought people on this site like to brush the bad stuff under the table, look at all the people saying Glen screwed um, been here a few years never saw that stuff before the thread about the stolen money and rails.

PoolTable911

Silver Member
That table obviously has had severe and continual water damage. We also have had to pull apart the legs and replace rotten wood. It is part of restoration! I have never seen a set of legs that bad.

TFT

No Trent it is not obvious. Unfortunately I don't have the picture before but the leg actually looked decent. I will give you a little free education. Back in the old days pool room floors were wood & linoleum. They were mopped and oiled on the regular. Brunswick put the bands on the Anniversary & Centennial to try and keep the water from hitting the legs. The gold crown had the metal feet so they were fine.