Pool Ball Collecting.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Dynamic Super Pros. Insert Card 17.

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.

Mr Mikhail Kablukov went way beyond the call of duty in not only discovering the rare pool ball set pictured below, but also ensuring its safe passage from the Siberian city of Novosibirsk to my doorstep in Devon, England. Thank you so much, dear fellow. I am sincerely grateful.

Best wishes,

RC.

Attachments

• Aramith Dynamic Super Pro 50.jpg
    Aramith Dynamic Super Pro 50.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 280

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
[

Mr Mikhail Kablukov went way beyond the call of duty in not only discovering the rare pool ball set pictured below, but also ensuring its safe passage from the Siberian city of Novosibirsk to my doorstep in Devon, England. Thank you so much, dear fellow. I am sincerely grateful.

Best wishes,

RC.

Awesome set, sir. Thank you for sharing!

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Bravo, everyone! :)

As far as I know, nobody fell for my little April Fool yesterday. I must try for something more convincing next year.

Best wishes,

RC.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
We posted at the same time, Mr R. :)

Thank you for those kind words, sir. Always much appreciated, dear chap.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Globe Balls.

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.

I wonder if I might ask a favour, please? I would dearly love to add a pristine, unused example of the pool ball set pictured below to my treasured collection. The set was last manufactured in China by Lincos Sports about ten years ago. I’ve contacted the company, of course, but they were unable to help.

One would imagine that some of the sets must have made it to America back in 2008, 2009 and 2010. If you could keep your eyes open on my behalf, or perhaps even ask around any likely contacts for me, it would be deeply appreciated indeed.

Many thanks for reading and best wishes.

RC.

Attachments

• 0EEB578F-CE9E-4A97-ABDF-0D6F6AAB0B32.jpeg
    0EEB578F-CE9E-4A97-ABDF-0D6F6AAB0B32.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 271

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Hello, PT. :)

I don't believe that the Jack is a cueball, dear chap. The reverse of those balls all feature the poker card designation letters A, K, Q and J.

Best wishes,

RC.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
The four yellows are all aces, with an A on the front and 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the reverse.

The four purples are all kings, with a K on the front and 5, 6, 7 and 8 on the reverse.

The four reds are all queens, with a Q on the front and 9, 10, 11 and 12 on the reverse.

The four blues are all jacks, with a J on the front and 13, 14, 15 and another J on the reverse as there is no number 16.

bfriesth

Bolder
Silver Member
Hello, ladies and gentlemen.

Here is a screenshot of the latest insert card, part of an ongoing project to record the historical provenance of my treasured billiard ball collection. If anyone is interested to learn a little more about the camera technique employed to counter lens distortion, or how I drew the computer generated image at the base of the card, please refer back to the original post (number 1133).

Best wishes,

RC.

I love it!! I was off line for a few day and did not see this until today. Thanks for making us all laugh.

bfriesth

Bolder
Silver Member

Best wishes,

RC.

You gave me a heads up that we would be seeing these from you. Congratulations on this acquisition. Thanks for sharing.

bfriesth

Bolder
Silver Member
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.

I wonder if I might ask a favour, please? I would dearly love to add a pristine, unused example of the pool ball set pictured below to my treasured collection. The set was last manufactured in China by Lincos Sports about ten years ago. I’ve contacted the company, of course, but they were unable to help.

One would imagine that some of the sets must have made it to America back in 2008, 2009 and 2010. If you could keep your eyes open on my behalf, or perhaps even ask around any likely contacts for me, it would be deeply appreciated indeed.

Many thanks for reading and best wishes.

RC.

I'll keep my eyes open for you. Is there a name for this set?

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Thank you for those kind words, Mr B. Always much appreciated, sir.

That beautiful globe-style set must have a name I suppose, dear fellow. Alas, I don’t know it. If anyone could find me a pristine example I would be sincerely grateful indeed.

Attachments

• 793477A1-BCF8-4A79-8634-0FDCD8740DFB.jpeg
    793477A1-BCF8-4A79-8634-0FDCD8740DFB.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 345

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Best wishes,

RC.

An absolute treasure amongst treasures, my dear friend from afar.

Blend a relentless pursuit for the singular and extraordinary with passion and deep pockets, and magical things happen - bravo, Rubik’s Cube!

And to think this acquisition was done via electronic mail at nearly the speed of light between you and Mikhail sitting in his Siberian dacha over 4,100 miles away - which would take 80 hours to drive IF even possible! Point zero 2 seconds I’d guess

Thank you for sharing yet another incredible find, sir!

~ K.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the positive thinkers amongst us - something new to play during these challenging times...

Broken glass reflects the release of all things negative - signifying bad luck is gone.

Which means good luck is on the way.

This latest acquisition came by way of yet another accidental find from a far away, unsuspecting fellow I met online through a friend of a friend - 5 times removed!

Thought to be a creation by Aramith for a distributor in foreign lands (and yet not verified by the minimal staff at Aramith) and having very little exposure, is a ball set unique in the very strictest sense that no two balls will ever be the same.

The Shattered Glass design. Created from shattered fragments of phenolic balls under extreme pressure and then re-cast and molded into these marvels of chaos.

They arrived in a condition I would call “worse for wear” that needed some TLC and patience in the restoration workshop...here is one example transitioning from Step 1 to 2 of my five step process to return them to like new:

1e4b610c9879975805843e47ac1bd947.jpg

2a23fbaf735679513f7ce5f8b7a49899.jpg

A few hours later, step 5 completed:

4327dc8d079b23a0ffe1cf41bfa5484e.jpg

Dare I say LIKE NEW -

Good luck, indeed!

~ K.

Last edited:

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good afternoon, Mr K. :)

What an absolutely fantastic transformation you have somehow achieved with those Shattered Glass balls, dear chap. They truly look superb in that group photograph. And not only is that set undoubtedly captivating in design, I also believe it to be rather rare and desirable... fewer than half a dozen examples seen anywhere online (by me) in the last twenty-plus years.

Hearty congratulations, my friend.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Here’s a set of balls I like...Texas CC showed them in another thread.

7E66371A-D9C7-4C86-8B00-67F2DA335A93.jpeg

Although I wish they wouldn’t put the dots on the carom balls....
...once they got away from using two white balls....the different colors are good enough...
...and makes the balls more reliable as they get a bit used.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
An awesome set, PT.

Tell me, sir, do you know if they’re available in a 2.25 inch size?

Visit the Diamond website....but I doubt the pool size being in stock....
...seems like these are for the Mexican market....a carom nation.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can any of you pool ball luminaries elucidate me on the differences in these Centennials? Approx age etc.

I see a difference in color, font, the darts, and the underline.

Cents.jpeg