Players cue model K1404

MooseKnuckle

Registered
Hello all.

Recently purchased a used unbranded 7 foot slate table and accessories, wondering about the nicest cue in the rack. It's a Players Model K1404.

20200426-101423.jpg

Did a quick search and have to assume the model is out of production.

Any ideas of $ or year made, thanks :)

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all.

Recently purchased a used unbranded 7 foot slate table and accessories, wondering about the nicest cue in the rack. It's a Players Model K1404.

Possibly an ultra rare, vintage cue you have there, could be worth a bundle.

By the look of the decals, my guess is that they were applied by Wang, the master sticker applicator at Players.

Its a tricky market, but you might be surprised that you can probably get close to full retail out of the cue. Well under $100,somewhere closer to $50. :duck:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all.

20200426-101423.jpg

Cue and Case is the importer. You might just call/contact them. Don't know when the K-series was made. Players has produced a LOT of cues over the years. A lot of them a decal/overlay cues and retail for around 150bux. Used maybe 50-60.

Last edited:

MooseKnuckle

Registered
Possibly an ultra rare, vintage cue you have there, could be worth a bundle.

By the look of the decals, my guess is that they were applied by Wang, the master sticker applicator at Players.

Its a tricky market, but you might be surprised that you can probably get close to full retail out of the cue. Well under $100,somewhere closer to $50. :duck:

Ha ha, I knew it wasn't an heirloom. I have to say Wang did a good job on this one, it's the straightest one in the rack and feels good too.

The McDermott Lucky L7 looks like a hockey stick :-(

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha ha, I knew it wasn't an heirloom. I have to say Wang did a good job on this one, it's the straightest one in the rack and feels good too.

The McDermott Lucky L7 looks like a hockey stick :-(
Cheap doesn't mean bad. Players are darn good cues for the $.