Valley 6 ft table report-review after 2 we

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Valley 6 foot table -refurbished with new almost everything, aramith crown balls, Mercury tournament cloth.
I spent my early years playing in an old fashion room with loose pocket 8 ft Brunswick’s and occasionally up the road on gold crown 9 footers, then of course whatever you found in bars.
I always preferred 8 footers.
I also owned a diamond 8 footer before they got to be a big company and an olhausen 8 footer.
Fast forward to now after playing less than 20 hours in nearly 30 years, with son moved out and nothing but time, I bought this little table to play at home in my less than 1100 so ft rental
I have to say that this table is the funnest table I have ever played on. The rails are somewhat forgiving, but pockets will spit out a ball if not struck well.
The table is the truest rolling table I have ever played on after leveling only with a 15$ Lowe’s 2 ft level.
It is an absolute blast to play on. Not as easy as you might think with 15 balls on a surface that small. I would recommend this setup to anyone.
At age 56, with bad eyes, and one eye real bad, I am on my way to playing close to where I was in my mid 20’s which was about 1 ball behind the better shortstops.
Thanks for y’all advice along the way.

Attachments

• 375775E4-D809-47F2-99B4-9BC978FD8C12.jpeg
    375775E4-D809-47F2-99B4-9BC978FD8C12.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 199

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Valley 6 foot table -refurbished with new almost everything, aramith crown balls, Mercury tournament cloth.
I spent my early years playing in an old fashion room with loose pocket 8 ft Brunswick’s and occasionally up the road on gold crown 9 footers, then of course whatever you found in bars.
I always preferred 8 footers.
I also owned a diamond 8 footer before they got to be a big company and an olhausen 8 footer.
Fast forward to now after playing less than 20 hours in nearly 30 years, with son moved out and nothing but time, I bought this little table to play at home in my less than 1100 so ft rental
I have to say that this table is the funnest table I have ever played on. The rails are somewhat forgiving, but pockets will spit out a ball if not struck well.
The table is the truest rolling table I have ever played on after leveling only with a 15$ Lowe’s 2 ft level.
It is an absolute blast to play on. Not as easy as you might think with 15 balls on a surface that small. I would recommend this setup to anyone.
At age 56, with bad eyes, and one eye real bad, I am on my way to playing close to where I was in my mid 20’s which was about 1 ball behind the better shortstops.
Thanks for y’all advice along the way.

A name was created for that particular bar table. There was one in the Showbar @ Janscos/Johnson City IL. The players didn't just call it a bar box. Because of it's size.....

They called it a cracker box. Nicely made table.

Last edited:

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have very fond memories of playing on one of those in little bar in Southeast Wisconsin back in the mid-70s.

Great table. Congratulations!