Request for rules post

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lotta things about pushout are rediculous.

Plenty of things about '1 foul / texas express ' are ridiculous !
I'l leave it there. We've had this talk many times before.
ps
The reason nobody I saw play 2 consecutive fouls by the same player
was that there have always been 'nits' in pool rooms. You would 'push' and they would 'push' back ! That could go on forever ! To combat that, you played '2 consecutive fouls
on the table' . That took the 'nitty' part out of the game.
I spent 8+ years at Beenies in Arlington and saw 99%+ pushout games played
that way.
Pushout forever

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Push out is a great way to try and protect the money especially in high stakes games.
But it's brutally boring for the casual spectator.

Texas express rules speed up the game and make it more marketable for the casual spectator.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Push out is a great way to try and protect the money especially in high stakes games.
But it's brutally boring for the casual spectator.

Texas express rules speed up the game and make it more marketable for the casual spectator.

I totally agree.
Which is why in 69' - 71' , the Jansco brothers and Weenie Beenie came up with 1 foul rules for TOURNAMENT play only. They wanted to speed up tournaments for money and to get the gambling started. The BCA rule book from 1978 showed 2 sets of rules for 9 ball: Tournament rules ( 1 foul ) and rules of 9 ball ( pushout ). Nobody I ever saw at Beenies place gambled at 1 foul; it was all pushout.
I spent 8 years at Beenies , mostly nights. Saw a lot of gambling ( I was in action
every week. Pushout only. 1 foul and races are a terrible way to bet your cash ! ( unless you're stealing ! ) lol.
Pushout forever