Scratches on cue

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I keep getting more and more scratches on my break cues finish, it might even be deep enough to be into the wood. I’m thinking it’s my case but I’m not sure. I haven’t dropped it or anything. The weirdest part is the scratches run laterally. I’m just concerned because my new cue will be ebony as well and I don’t want it to happen to a $3500 stick. Anyone know of this problem?

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Case.... Had a good friend with similar problem on a higher end cue he showed me scratches and could not figure it out.

I dropped a inexpensive endoscope with light on end down tubes on his custom case and he had exposed staple or tack towards bottom that was the culprit.

Stay well,
Kat

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess new cue + new case = more happy.

The hardships we must endure for the game we love...sigh.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I keep getting more and more scratches on my break cues finish, it might even be deep enough to be into the wood. I’m thinking it’s my case but I’m not sure. I haven’t dropped it or anything. The weirdest part is the scratches run laterally. I’m just concerned because my new cue will be ebony as well and I don’t want it to happen to a $3500 stick. Anyone know of this problem?
I assume you eliminated the possibility that the back of your cue is occasionally slamming onto the top of the rails on your break follow through?

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I assume you eliminated the possibility that the back of your cue is occasionally slamming onto the top of the rails on your break follow through?

I hadn't considered that but I'm fairly certain I'm not hitting it on the table on followthrough.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Some debris may have fallen down the tube and lodged in the padding.

For a couple bucks you can buy a 3' piece of PVC and insert it into the case, trying to duplicate the damage.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some debris may have fallen down the tube and lodged in the padding.

For a couple bucks you can buy a 3' piece of PVC and insert it into the case, trying to duplicate the damage.
Have someone watch/video while you break. Sounds to me like you're hitting the table.

jon21588

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve had this happen when I put my shafts tip down into the case before I put my butts in. Not sure how they line up in the JB Cases but the edges of the shaft would catch my butt when I put it into the case and scratch it. Granted I’ve only had it scratch the wrap but that may be what’s happening to you.

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still haven't been able to figure this out, but it happened to my new Power Break G as well. I have a different case as well so now I'm kind of real confused. The place the scratch is it couldn't possibly be by the break. I am hoping to get it figured out by November when my PFD is done, because I found out my player now also has the scratches, you just can't see it because it's not a dark wood. The PFD is going to be ebony forearm so I don't want the scratches showing up on my nice cue.

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So life has been crazy and didn’t get around to taking a picture. The scratches on both breakers look like these in the pictures. More and more keep showing up and it’s only been in the case mostly.