New Here? - Introduce Yourself

phil228

Hey Brian

Thanks for the warm welcome and your feedback on my side project ;-) I think there are not many pool halls listed in the US yet unfortunately. So maybe if we spread the word about the app, get more users to join the party and contribute their favorite locations (that‘s basically the idea of the app), we can close the gap some day :)

Best wishes and stay healthy over there!

GeBathan

Hello from SoCal!
Gerard here, long time reader of this forum. I am just getting back into playing since the early 90s.
I still have my shots but needs a lot of work..
Thanks guys!

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I have played many championships but never reported. My town didn't know we were suppose to report data.
Hi I am Justin that picture was made digitally over the course of 20+ years. I am Justin's automated AI personality.

Championship.jpg

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys, just signed up, and have a few questions about updating a free Gandy (non-commercial) pool table I got a few weeks ago. Beautiful table, but way out of date
NewPoolGuy1...Ask your question in two other forums, the Main forum, and the Ask A Mechanic forum. You'll get a lot more info there. Try to include some pictures of the table in your posts. Information on how to do that is at the beginning of the Main Forum.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Danno

Hi guys!! I'm a 57-year old guy in Michigan taking up the game. I bought a Brunswick table a couple months ago, got a McDermott cue and have been watching Dr. Dave on youtube. I'm looking for advice on how to get better. My typical drill involves rolling 4 balls at random on the table and seeing how many shots it takes to sink them. My first time it took 10 shots. I'm a little better now and have been working on trying to predict where the cue ball will wind up (but am frequently wrong). I welcome advice on how to improve.

ShaneVanNothing

Very glad to be accepted into imho the most prestigious and accurate online forum about pool. 23 y/o player with a Joss and thankfully a 9 foot table, 4.25 inch pockets at home will be very active in here. Hello to all and good day.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys!! I'm a 57-year old guy in Michigan taking up the game. I bought a Brunswick table a couple months ago, got a McDermott cue and have been watching Dr. Dave on youtube. I'm looking for advice on how to get better. My typical drill involves rolling 4 balls at random on the table and seeing how many shots it takes to sink them. My first time it took 10 shots. I'm a little better now and have been working on trying to predict where the cue ball will wind up (but am frequently wrong). I welcome advice on how to improve.
Watching videos is okay, but cannot compare with live one-on-one professional instruction, especially when combined with video analysis. You have one of the top instructors in the USA living in Battle Creek. Lance Cowles is a PBIA Master Instructor and top-level player. In a lesson or two you would a wealth of knowledge about pool physics and have the makings for a great repeatable stroke. He posts here as Bossman69, and you can find him on FB at Cuesports of Battle Creek. It will be the best investment in your pool game that you can make!

Scott Lee

8BALL EDDIE

Greetings -
I'm new to the site but not to the game.
Someone told me I should checkout these forums, so I decided to sign up.
I was born and raised in Michigan, spent some time in Canada; Ohio; Indiana; Illinois; Kentucky; Tennessee; South Carolina; Alabama; Florida, and now reside in North Carolina.

I look forward to connecting with other players and those who share the passion.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greetings -
I'm new to the site but not to the game.
Someone told me I should checkout these forums, so I decided to sign up.
I was born and raised in Michigan, spent some time in Canada; Ohio; Indiana; Illinois; Kentucky; Tennessee; South Carolina; Alabama; Florida, and now reside in North Carolina.

I look forward to connecting with other players and those who share the passion.
Welcome 8Ball Eddie! What part of NC are you located in?

Scott Lee

8BALL EDDIE

Welcome 8Ball Eddie! What part of NC are you located in?

Scott Lee
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Not sure how familiar you are with the state, but I'm about halfway between Raleigh and Fayetteville.

Nikrnic

Hello All. I'm Nick and new here from SE (metro detroit) Michigan. I'm 68 now and grew up playing since I could reach the table which was a 1960 Brunswick Anniversary my dad bought new, first learning by playing 14.1 then snooker in my favorite local pool hall. I then moved to SoCal and re-opened a closed pool room in Sepulveda (San Fernando Valley) called Plush Pocket Billiards with my uncle Joe in 1980, still open I believe, then moved back to Michigan in 1984 and later opened a new Plush Pocket Billiards in Warren MI with 30 tables and a full pro shop, hosting weekly 9 ball tournaments and 8 ball leagues from 1994 until 2011. I haven't been playing much since then but always loved "The Game" til this day which to me is what it has always been about and has also played a big part in my life. I've met a lot of great players and people along the way too. Glad to meet everyone here.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Raceto9

Hello there!
I'm new here, was introduced to pool in my late 20s about 8 years ago ... im not good at any but I love playing all cue-sports variants (blackball, pool, snooker, carom, ...).
I'm originally from France but I live abroad a bit everywhere ... I travel a lot and always take my cue with me! I've got a tradition to play pool in every country/city I visit!
There are some cool places out there!!

Gman***

Hello all ! Name is Greg 63 raised 2 children to adulthood, Grandpa x2 . I have made pool my recreation , started when I was young probably early teens . Our neighborhood had tables and I used them , our local park house had 2 Brunswick’s , I believe they were Gold crowns with the gold cloth 4.5 x 9 they were the real thing ,with room to move . So as with most of you , you aquire the passion to play when a table is present . What I want to get across here is I have never lost the touch of the game , I would play more skilled players than me , and with that I gained momentum in my game . So back to raising kids , I bought a 7 ft golden west when they were young ,used it off and on for years ! Here’s the good part to my story , I have totally finished my billiard room (basement) loaded up on some cues (EBay) have to turn the nozzle down on that ! But decent cues . You tube for learning and amping up my skill set ! And most of all ,I play everyday It seems, be it 10 minutes or hours since rediscovering a little bit of my youth . Thanks for listening az billiards

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
HELLO ALL
I HAVE BEEN PLAYING POCKET BILLIARDS ALMOST ALL MY LIFE
I AM EXCITED TO SHARE WITH - AND LEARN FROM - ALL OF YOU

You can do whatever you choose, but be aware that to most you are basically screaming at us from a billboard.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

icbm

Registered
I'm Dale. I've been a wood Turner for 15 yrs and building cues is what peaked my interest. For yrs I used my regular lathes in 3 failed attempts at cues for friends, all the while saving money. Last yr I finally got a Delux from Chris Hightower.

RECPOOLPLAYER

Hi,
I'm from So. CA and it's been years since I had checked out some of your forums.
A well respected Billiards person recommended that I check you out for help in identifying a few of my special cues.
Even though I've been playing pool for over 50 years, I only play once a week at a neighbors house for fun.
I can remember when I used to play at The Gold Crown Family Billiards place in Chula Vista, Ca. where Jay Swanson used to play once in a while.
I still enjoy the game very much, and in the near future (when I get room), plan on getting my own pool table.

Csim

Hello
I have been reading the posts for years. I tried to subscribe a couple years ago, but could not post... I don't know why.

I am from Nebraska.. Played a lot in the early 90s. Now I am thinking about picking it up again.
Thanks to you all